Protesting News

Mendi

I know it won't win me any better fan pissing contests, but I have a six hour journey to watch the Villa. And this season is the first in many years where I just can't bring myself to go and watch. It's just too depressing.
Six hours round trip or six hours there and six hours back?

It's six hours round, but a combination of money, work and the fact that no-one will go with me in the car in case I'm in a foul mood all the way back, means I haven't gone this season.

My GF still doesn't understand why I still watch every match on the TV/net when it makes me so angry/miserable.

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it won't win me any better fan pissing contests, but I have a six hour journey to watch the Villa. And this season is the first in many years where I just can't bring myself to go and watch. It's just too depressing.

It's six hours round, but a combination of money, work and the fact that no-one will go with me in the car in case I'm in a foul mood all the way back, means I haven't gone this season.

My GF still doesn't understand why I still watch every match on the TV/net when it makes me so angry/miserable.

Same here. 3 hours there (on a good day) and 3 hours back. Where do you live?

You guys are troopers. I only have an half hour walk to VP and the journey home makes me wonder why the **** I bother. If I had to face a 3 hour trip there (full of trepidation) and then a 3 hour trip home (full of depression and anger) I would definitely not bother to go.

You guys are troopers. I only have an half hour walk to VP and the journey home makes me wonder why the **** I bother. If I had to face a 3 hour trip there (full of trepidation) and then a 3 hour trip home (full of depression and anger) I would definitely not bother to go.

I travel from South Northants, next to Silverstone race track, 140 mile round journey with my 13 year old son. The results, the travelling, the style of football, the poor decisions from Randy are the reasons I don't want to attend. This is also the reason that I get very fed up with the "I'm a better fan than you shite". Been a season ticket holder, travelled up and down the country watching Villa, even through the Billy McBingo and Graham Turner years. It was fun, even though we lost a lot. Now, there is no fun whatsoever. It's depressing. I said yesterday that we need a Ron Saunders/Graham Taylor mk2 Manager to come in to shake things up.

The best ever protest would be not to go to a home game. No embarrasment in missing a game to prove a point. I wonder how many would join in.

Nail on head! I was about to post something like this myself, if you want Lerner to sit up and take some kind of notice, hit him where it hurts, in his wallet. I chose not to renew my season ticket this year when he hired Eck, I only wish many others had done the same.

A protest at the ground will do nowt, won't make a jot of difference.

Unfortunately while circa 35,000 fans turn up, like they did against Man City, Lerner et al will not take any notice whatsoever.

I think it would take a drop to an average attendance of well below 30,000 to get his attention.

I disagree. I think a very vocal sessions from the Holte End is something to behold. Perhaps not during the game when we should be supporting the players. But perhaps at Half time, before the match and at the end of the game. Concerted efforts over a few games will have the press picking it up. The away support doing the same at away games too. He'll have to listen eventually.

I disagree. I think a very vocal sessions from the Holte End is something to behold. Perhaps not during the game when we should be supporting the players. But perhaps at Half time, before the match and at the end of the game. Concerted efforts over a few games will have the press picking it up. The away support doing the same at away games too. He'll have to listen eventually.

Quite possibly but it may be that we have to get a hiding similar to what Wolves had against the Albion to wake up some of the Villa fans as they seem so accepting of the shit on offer.

There is a level of apathy amongst a number of fans and unless it gets bad beyond the current level of bad then a large portion of attendees at VP will just moan and grunt to their mates in the next seat and slink off home until the next time.

Don't agree with the protests at all. However, I haven't been to Villa Park in well over a year now. It's a 4-5 hour round trip for me, and these days I choose not to spend what little spare cash I have on that. If I lived closer, I think I'd still go as often as possible, but recently I just can't justify it.

You need a car

You need a car

We do. It's a six hour round trip in the car.

• 2 weeks later...

The Sky article is interesting because for once they haven't picked up on the "he's getting booed because he's ex-Birmingham Manager". Good. Keep booing, it's the only way they will listen in the boardroom as it will become embarrassing for them.

I agree with McLeish that the Villa job is one of the toughest in the Premier League, it should be, Villa are a massive club. The problem is, the Chairmen have made it tougher because of their crap appointments.

The Sky article is interesting because for once they haven't picked up on the "he's getting booed because he's ex-Birmingham Manager". Good. Keep booing, it's the only way they will listen in the boardroom as it will become embarrassing for them.

I agree with McLeish that the Villa job is one of the toughest in the Premier League, it should be, Villa are a massive club. The problem is, the Chairmen have made it tougher because of their crap appointments.

I actually think Mcleish is preparing for the exit door. A way to save his credibility would be to say 'The villa fans were never behind me'

Â