The 100 goal club in PL

DeepDish

and if Gregory had of had his way then Shearer might have been the 6th player on that list to have played for us

:?

When was that?

When Ruud Guillit made the cardinal sin at Newcastle of dropping Shearer. And the story goes that Shearer was told he would never play for Guillit again and Gregory declared an interest. I believe Guillit then lost the next game against of course Sunderland and was gone.

If Shearer had been available I am sure virtually every English club would be after him.

Not as good as Jackie Milburn of course!

Yup Shearer was an amazing player. Interesting that I almost feel he is underated by fans outside of Newcastle.

A legend of the English game and Premier League. Definately world class. I remember as a 9 year old running round the school playground and all the kids were pretending to be Shearer and that was in Suffolk......well all bar one kid who wanted to be John Wark and drew the moustache on with permanent marker!!

and if Gregory had of had his way then Shearer might have been the 6th player on that list to have played for us

:?

When was that?

The season Merson and Dublin signed. From memory we were top of the league and Gregory wanted Shearer AND Sutton to join (I seem to recall David Batty being mentioned as well)

Markus Jonsson at Brann has (allegedly) never missed a penalty in his competitive career, and has generally been first-choice taker for the clubs he's played for.

Yep, went 25 for 25 (I think it was) when in sweden and has not missed abroad either. Cool as ice from the spot. And he's a right back.........caugh

Henry with his 175th goal today.

The bloke who made the statue outside of The Emirates is pissed off as he has to keep changing the plaque with his stats on!

Â