The 100 goal club in PL

DeepDish

Andy Cole didnt take penalties. He scored one penalty in his entire career. If you take away penalties, then Shearer has scored 202 Premier League goals, and Andy Cole has 188. Sauce

58 goals from pens is an awful lot; behind Shearer Fat Frank is next with 35, and only 3 people are in the 20s. Still, doesn't take away from the fact that Shearer was a class player.

Andy Cole didnt take penalties. He scored one penalty in his entire career. If you take away penalties, then Shearer has scored 202 Premier League goals, and Andy Cole has 188. Sauce

You'd bet your house on Shearer scoring from the spot. You wouldn't stick 50p on Cole doing it!

i disagree about shearer being world class, he was another one of these who was one of the prems best players because he was the best at our game, put him in italy or spain where he wouldnt be able to use his strength and defenders have a bit more about them and he wouldnt have been as good IMO

not saying he wasnt a brilliant player because he was but id put him alongside the likes of Gerrard, brilliant at playing prem football

i disagree about shearer being world class, he was another one of these who was one of the prems best players because he was the best at our game, put him in italy or spain where he wouldnt be able to use his strength and defenders have a bit more about them and he wouldnt have been as good IMO

Its funny how Vieri (An inferior Shearer by most regards) managed to do alright in Italy playing the same way.

Quality players are quality players, its just a matter of adapting slightly.

Shearer was sensational. A genuine 30 goal a season striker. He could have gone to any club in the world from Blackburn, and he simply committed the crime of signing for his hometown club. At that point it looked like Newcastle would go on and win the league though, so you cant accuse Shearer of letting his heart lead his head too much, though I do wonder what we would think of him had he gone to Manchester United, Real Madrid or AC Milan instead.

Shearer is the best penalty taker of all time no question.

Edit

I didn't know tissier scored 47 from 48 attempts that's impressive. But I still prefer shearer for his top left smashed penalties.

Also THAT volley he scored against someone I cannot remember was as close as you will get to a ball catching fire a la Cantona Nike advert

Â