Chocolates and crisps that you cant get any more

leemond2008

Ive never really been a big chocolate eater but I have just gone to the vending machine in our office and bought a twirl

I strolled back over to my desk quite looking forward to my little chocolatey treat, I opened the wrapper and saw something that was completely alien to what I was expecting

after checking with a few of my colleagues it ends up I thought I was buying a ''SPIRA'' and not a twirl, I then looked it up on the internet and apparently the spira that I was after has not been made since about 2004

I was actually quite upset about this as I very very very rarely eat chocolate and the first time in years I feel like treating myself to one I get told that they dont exist any more

I launched my **** ''TWIRL'' at the girl that sits opposite me and told her to shove it down her trap because I refused to eat it

Flakes that are actually flaky. I remember you needed to pour the last of the flakes out of the wrapper into yer gob at one stage. Now it's a stickier horrible creation that I never eat*

* though I very rarely eat chocolate now anyhoo

I'm reliably informed, by a friend who works at a large chocolate manufacturers (not cadbury), that they have a rather large secret chocolate cupboard which contains prototype chocolate bars as well as now defunct chocolate bars.

So a Spira may exist somewhere...

Ive never really been a big chocolate eater but I have just gone to the vending machine in our office and bought a twirl

I strolled back over to my desk quite looking forward to my little chocolatey treat, I opened the wrapper and saw something that was completely alien to what I was expecting

after checking with a few of my colleagues it ends up I thought I was buying a ''SPIRA'' and not a twirl, I then looked it up on the internet and apparently the spira that I was after has not been made since about 2004

I was actually quite upset about this as I very very very rarely eat chocolate and the first time in years I feel like treating myself to one I get told that they dont exist any more

I launched my **** ''TWIRL'' at the girl that sits opposite me and told her to shove it down her trap because I refused to eat it

That's quite an... extreme reaction. It's all chocolate, at the end of the day.

That said, I'd kill (literally take a life) for a

or
bar.

Mike, plenty of those are still available.
On that website, you mean? Yes, I know, but like the guy on there says, they are often not quite the same. Like you and your non-crumbly Flake.

Incidentally, ISTR that a lot of Cadbury bars used to be manufactured in the RoI. Is that still the case?

Mike, plenty of those are still available.
On that website, you mean? Yes, I know, but like the guy on there says, they are often not quite the same. Like you and your non-crumbly Flake.

Incidentally, ISTR that a lot of Cadbury bars used to be manufactured in the RoI. Is that still the case?

I've found that Cadburys Dairy Milk tastes different in Ireland than it does in the UK.

Sweet cigarettes and Spanish Gold a very sweet fake tobacco in a cloth bag. Gone for rather obvious reasons.
Hell yeah. Every Christmas I used to get a "smoker's set" - a selection box with candy cigarettes, chocolate pipes, chocolate cigars (in foil) and that sugar "tobacco". Great stuff.

Â