Relegation - Merged

Amo69

After the shocking run of results that have occurred lately i cannot believe so many are still coming out with statements such as "we are 99.99999% safe :shock:

1 good result for QPR (who incidently have already had 2 or 3 with recent wins against Spurs, Liverpool etc) & we are right in it. Todays draw has levelled things out a touch between us & QPR nothing more. Wigan will now surely go shooting past us with just Blackburn & Wolves to play Although hopefully Blackburn will lose to Spurs & beat Wigan leaving us clear of Blackburn & level with Wigan with a game to go & a superior goal difference (assuming we lose to Spurs that is). Bolton now have Spurs (h) West Brom (h) & Stoke (a) & are 3 behind with a much worse GD so effectively they would have to better us by 4 points to overtake us. Their 3 remaining games are not easy actually either .. Really equalling Bolton's result today was at least helpful to a point & that now leaves Blackburn needing 2 wins & a draw from games against Spurs(a) Wigan(h) & Chelsea (a).. 1 defeat from those & we are clear of them so between us, Bolton & QPR for the final spot you would think.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need Man City to stay in the title hunt until the final weekend when they play QPR. If man Ure win on Monday and the last weekend means nothing to them then I'll gaurantee they will roll over and gift QPR three points !

There is no way Chelsea will take it easy tomorrow. They have to play Bayern in the CL final at Bayern's ground. They are massive outsiders IMO and will want to finish Top 4 just in case. Especially with Newcastle losing today. They will not want to waste the opportunity.

Praying for a Chelsea win tomorrow and then QPR dropping points at home against Stoke. Could happen.

Poppycock. I want Villa to remain one of only four English clubs to have won the European Cup. I certainly wouldn't cheer for Blose in Europe because they're English.

Indeed indeed, we should hope for another heysel and get our clubs banned for another 5 years stunting our development for a decade thereafter until we get rid of the rot at VP! Some people bewilder me, of the same ilk to those that boo the national team undoubtedly.

I just hope that should we survive, which is looking a tad more likely after today, that eck isn't credited with a great escape. You just know certain media outlets will try to pull that one off.

Depends on QPR tomorrow if they lose I will feel better as I can't see them beating City Away maybe Stoke at Home but that means they are on 37 and we have that better GD.

Providing we don't get spanked by Spurs in our next home game. I can easily see them scoring 3 past us.

But your right, as long as QPR lose tomorrow, I will feel a 'little' more comfortable. But not much. Our defence can ship as many goals as they want on any given day.

But on a positive note, I think we will be fine.

Spurs haven't scored from open play away for 2 months ..not to say they won't do us but recently they have looked toothless.

Poppycock. I want Villa to remain one of only four English clubs to have won the European Cup. I certainly wouldn't cheer for Blose in Europe because they're English.

Indeed indeed, we should hope for another heysel and get our clubs banned for another 5 years stunting our development for a decade thereafter until we get rid of the rot at VP! Some people bewilder me, of the same ilk to those that boo the national team undoubtedly.

We are still in big trouble.

Why would a fan of any Premier Club want another to succeed in ANY competition - especially CL - it only widens the gap ffs :shock:

Need Man City to stay in the title hunt until the final weekend when they play QPR. If man Ure win on Monday and the last weekend means nothing to them then I'll gaurantee they will roll over and gift QPR three points !

I disagree with this. City have been presented with these 'must win' games time and time again and they always buckle under it. It's only when Mancini started telling the press it was over that his team started to perform again under very little pressure.

In short, I think City are much more likely to put 5 past QPR with nothing to play for, than they are if it's the title decider where they will be nervy and you never know what might happen.

Either way I just hope that it's a game that is nigh on impossible for QPR to snatch a point.

Its simple Chelsea and Tottenham win tommorrow and i believe we are there unless we ship in a load of goals in the last two games but QPR just have a chance in shipping in a load as well which should make it a level playing field...

I think one more point for us will do it.

1 more point for us and goal difference would mean Bolton AND QPR will both have to win 2 out of their last 3 games (or a win and 2 draws) for us to go down.

I'd say that's pretty unlikely

I just hope that should we survive, which is looking a tad more likely after today, that eck isn't credited with a great escape. You just know certain media outlets will try to pull that one off.

What about if some just like Barcelona, more than Chelsea. Or does that make us bad people also? :lol:

I think one more point for us will do it.

1 more point for us and goal difference would mean Bolton AND QPR will both have to win 2 out of their last 3 games (or a win and 2 draws) for us to go down.

I'd say that's pretty unlikely

Yeah I agree, thankfully both teams we have left to play are in really poor form. I think we'll stay up, just.

I think Chelsea will have a champions league hangover tomorrow and that QPR will take all 3 points at Stamford Bridge. I also think Bolton will beat Spurs on Wednesday night so all 4 teams will be on 37 points.

We will get no further points this season and I dont think 37 points is enough

Alex McLeish is stretching out the torture just like he did at SHA last season. He is either not capable or not willing to try to win a game and is hoping to limp to safety by getting a point here and a point there and hoping that other teams mess up.

Like last season for SHA, it could come down to the last game of the season away from home and needing a draw to survive and playing everyone behind the ball with the sole intention of not losing.

He is playing a very dangerous game and I just hope lightning doesn't strike twice because I cannot bear the thought of watching the game and having to keep any eye on how 2 or 3 other teams are getting on.

If QPR beat CHelsea and Bolton beat Spurs then it's all over. We'll be down if that happens.

Strangely, the Wigan result against Newcastle could help as Spurs will regain 4th spot with a win tomorrow... (clutching at straws and looking for the silver lining)

I also think we're aided by being the 3rd of three games in 7 days for Spurzzz, 2 of which are away from home.

I know that there have been upsets recently but the likelihood is that Blackburn will go down because even if they beat Wigan at home, they are unlikely to get another 4 points from Chelsea away and Spurs away.

That leaves QPR in my opinion at the other most likely team to go down. I think that Chelsea will win tomorrow at the Bridge - QPR are not great on their travels and although Chelsea are in a European Final, the banned players means there's no need to rotate the likes of Ramires, etc. Yes, they'll be fatigued, but good enough to beat QPR, I believe.

That means that as long at Man City win on the final day, we'll be ok.

Incidentally, I think QPR will only get a point at home to Stoke and we'll get a point against Norwich or Spurs, so we'll be ok anyway.

The problem is that without the elusive win, we're still in the mix and that's why McLeish should - and will - leave in the summer.

If QPR beat CHelsea and Bolton beat Spurs then it's all over. We'll be down if that happens.

Just to be clear, though -

even if those results do go against us, QPR would have to get better results against Stoke at home and Man City away than us against Spurs at home and Norwich away - which is by no means guaranteed.