Relegation - Merged

Amo69

This is all a bit of a wheeze at the moment isn't it. We can have a bit of panic and drama without any real possibility of actually getting relegated.

It's still a bit scary and about as real as I ever want it to get.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where do you think we will finish? I am thinking 16th or 17th. Wigan will probably pass us up.

17th would be best. We get to stay up and McLeish has the honour of achieving our worst ever Premier League placing.

Where do you think we will finish? I am thinking 16th or 17th. Wigan will probably pass us up.

17th would be best. We get to stay up and McLeish has the honour of achieving our worst ever Premier League placing.

Along with the honour of fewest goals scored, lowest total points and fewest amount of wins, all which are looking pretty likely at this stage. He is even on track to dip below Mcneills points per game ratio by the end of the season.

Who knows, maybe all that is a myth too and to our great surprise the league trophy will be helicoptered in after the Sunderland match. :lol:

Saturdays match at Villa Park Against Sunderland is massive, as big as it gets for us in this situation. A terrible season which could be capped off by our former manager contributing to our relegation.

Gardner vs Gardner should be interesting too...

i do think this game vs sunderland is our best chance of 3 points,i think bolton have more bottle or fight in thier team,sunderland bubble has burst now& are playing for nothing,however mon may want to twist the knife by taking 3 points

On topic please folks.

We have enough about us to stay up.

Nope.

The worst squad in a very long time at our club and i believe we are more reliant on other results than being able to get out of trouble ourselves.

To dismiss the chances of being relegated at the moment is wrong, I personally struggle to see where this team could win a game and I include Bolton at home.

If I'm right (I truly hope not) then we will need a few more draws and other teams to fail for us not to go down.

How safe will everyone feel if by this time next week we have lost to Sunderland and Bolton? I have this sickening feeling that it could happen and the teams below all pick up points, god help us if it happens.

I hate Mcleish and Faulkner for this and I'm starting to feel the same towards Lerner but due to his complete lack of footballing knowledge I have been trying not to get too angry with him. If he let's this shit continue he must either not give a toss or be a complete idiot, neither will endear him to anyone who supports Villa.

After all this I now think we might beat Sunderland. Just one of those random results that goes against the grain and will see us totally safe.

I don't think Wigan will finish above us either, because they're still Wigan, they've just won against united and arsenal they're almost bound to now **** up against a mid-table no mark side.

After all this I now think we might beat Sunderland. Just one of those random results that goes against the grain and will see us totally safe.

I don't think Wigan will finish above us either, because they're still Wigan, they've just won against united and arsenal they're almost bound to now **** up against a mid-table no mark side.

Agree. We could even do Spurs because its the kind of random result we've come to expect.

The one thing that really upsets is that other clubs supporters are starting to see us just how you've described Wigan. Is it really a case of 'because they're still Villa'? Maybe it is.