Relegation - Merged

Amo69

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bye Bye Blackburn and QPR,Keep the Faith !

I tend to agree on Blackburn but if QPR beat Spurs on Saturday their tails will be right up & they will be a threat... We just HAVE to win one of the next 2 to negate that eventuality & pray the local derby thing motivates Spurs to a win.

Just been looking at some QPR forums. They have not even noticed us. They have listed the important fixtures left and have not mentioned Villa at all. Absolutely crazy.

Haven't you -not- heard? We're not in the relegation battle! We have a slightly under performing manager! Maybe QPR fans are only watching MOTD.

Im starting to get really grouchy about the state of the club...its a shambles from top to bottom.

Anything is possible with our manager in charge he is bloody clueless and always has been! Finishing 3rd in the SPL with Rangers is the ultimate embaressment never mind Blues going down twice.

The man clearly lacks the desired levels of intelligence I would want in my Villa manager and he ALWAYS comes out with excuses. Irrelevant of the Villa players on ridiculous sums of money and not performing I would be pissed off with Eck screaming at me from the touchline every 10 seconds...

Bloody well done Wigan I say we on the other hand have no hope. We may just survive by default but god help us if Bolton beat us...

To be perfectly honest, we deserve to go down, we've been **** awful. I'd go as far to say an embarrassment at times, with the way we just roll over and accept defeat against any decent team. Atrocious..

Our only saving grace is there are teams just as bad as we are, any other season and it would be curtains.

I struggle to see us get a win with the team we have. I can see others pick up points, perhaps not all of them. So again we'll survive because other teams are awful, not because we've 'turned a corner'.

I still wouldn't rule anything out though, this season has thrown up odd results more often than not.

Is this season a closer shave then 94-95? That was just before my time supporting the club. What are the similarities and differences.
This season is a cakewalk compared with 94/5. We had a disastrous start and, by the time Atkinson departed, we had 13 points from 15 games. We did a bit better under Brian Little at first but then had a terrible run in March and April when we took about 5 points from 8 matches. With 3 games to go we were only 1 point above the relegation zone. Fortunately we got 5 points from our last 3 games and Norwich (who were 19th - bigger league in those days) didn't get any, so we ended up quite a comfortable margin above them.

For a while I really thought we were going down that season.

I've been nervous ever since about our 6th game. We had a easy start to the season in terms of who we had to play against and we just had not amassed enough points IMO. At the time I thought it would come back to bite us and here we are now looking over our shoulder. A few more upsets by the teams below us and I'll be nervously looking over my shoulder. Alot of people are saying relegation is unlikely to happen, but what is killing me is "likely" = there is still a chance we could go down.

The most worrying thing about it all is the fact that we just roll over while most of the other teams down there are battling and fighting and are closing the gap! If we are going down then for **** sake we need to go down fighting at least! I do get the feeling that when the final whistle had gone in the Arsenal Vs Wigan game, a huge nail was hammered into a claret and blue coffin. These next 12 days are going to be dreadful. Sunderland will be very tough. O'Neill will have them extra fired up. I can see us drawing at best. Let's face it, if we can't even beat Bolton at home then as much as it pains me we deserve to go down don't we!

Done BBC predictor and have Blackburn on 34 and QPR on 32 Wolves 25 :-?

Still feel very unsafe. Went for draws against WBA, Spurs and a win against Norwich. Rest are losses to leave us on 40 points with Bolton 39 Wigan 37...

So that has us losing to Sunderland and Bolton but surely, surely, surely, a loss to Sunderland and McLeish has to get the chop.

I've been nervous ever since about our 6th game. We had a easy start to the season in terms of who we had to play against and we just had not amassed enough points IMO. At the time I thought it would come back to bite us and here we are now looking over our shoulder. A few more upsets by the teams below us and I'll be nervously looking over my shoulder. Alot of people are saying relegation is unlikely to happen, but what is killing me is "likely" = there is still a chance we could go down.

This is exactly what I thought and people were calling me crazy as we was about fifth at the time. As per usual people were saying it's because he is from Birmingham. Unfortunately, I am proving them wrong and now they can finally see what an awful manager he is.

I think it's possible for us to stay up without scoring another point. QPR's run in and Blackburn's points tally are both in our favour. Which is good as I think we might need both to keep us in the league.

Working out the permutations when other teams play is more interesting than watching us play at the moment.

Done BBC predictor and have Blackburn on 34 and QPR on 32 Wolves 25 :-?

Still feel very unsafe. Went for draws against WBA, Spurs and a win against Norwich. Rest are losses to leave us on 40 points with Bolton 39 Wigan 37...

So that has us losing to Sunderland and Bolton but surely, surely, surely, a loss to Sunderland and McLeish has to get the chop.

Trouble is with using the predictor is that no one would have predicted that Wigan would beat ManU and Arsenal?? These sides (other than Wolves) are capable of going out and beating anyone! With our squad we shouldn't be worrying about these things in the first place!!

McLeish Out and Lerner Sell!!!!