Relegation - Merged

Amo69

Oh no. not the "true fan" line...

...look its a possibility and the money would be nice.

The issue is not with the betters but the people making the bets possible.

Its the bookmakers fault, clearly ;-)

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FFS, why are people so hostile towards fans putting money on Villa to go down? The way I see, it's insurance. If we stay up I'm happy and I don't mind losing £5. If we go down I'm unhappy but at least I've bagged myself £55. Just because you bet on something doesn't mean you want it to happen.
More importantly, it doesn't make it any more likely to happen.

I think a lot of us, deep down, have this superstitious belief that our 'support' - even if it's only a case of 'belief' - has some effect on the outcome of games. It doesn't.

I want Villa to be great, but no matter how hard I 'will' it to happen, it's not in my power.

You're dead to me.

Football's dead to me.

I cant believe any true fan would put money on us to go down! What a joke!

Knew the 'true fan' brigade would come out... :bang:

It's called being a realist and seeing a chance for some money rather than throwing more away on a **** season ticket.

Enjoy the apathy folks.

I still can't understand why the press haven't picked up on the crap job he's done, especially when they targetted AVB for taking Chelsea to 5th spot. Eck has successfully taken Villa to a bottom 6 team in less than a season, takes someone very special to do that. Agree with others, if not this season, then certainly next. I really don't fancy becoming the Wolves of the Premier League, struggle after struggle year after year. It's enough to make you stop believing, where the kids grow fast and furious..............................oops, got carried away there!

Purely a business decision. Villa have won me quiet a few bob this season. If they insist on being shite then I will insist on profitting from it. Though naturally of course I don't mind when I'm wrong.

Purely a business decision. Villa have won me quiet a few bob this season. If they insist on being shite then I will insist on profitting from it. Though naturally of course I don't mind when I'm wrong.

Ditto. Draw odds are the first thing i look at.

Though I will say I have stopped short of backing them for the drop. I don't think we will go down so it wouldn't make sense as a gambler to bet on it.

You're dead to me.

Football's dead to me.

I cant believe any true fan would put money on us to go down! What a joke!

Knew the 'true fan' brigade would come out... :bang:

It's called being a realist and seeing a chance for some money rather than throwing more away on a **** season ticket.

Enjoy the apathy folks.

If you want to call it a "true fan" fine that suits me as on principle I never nor would ever bet against the Villa. Likewise I will be renewing my season tickets, not because I support Lerner or McCleish but because I support Aston Villa!

Players, Managers, Owners etc come and go but fans are fans for life "through thick and thin"

I put a tenner on @20/1 six weeks ago with bet365, just done another £20 @ 12/1 with them, now to see the price on losing by more than four goals at Old Trafford, dont care if people think I'm not a proper fan though, but this will hurt like hell if/when we go down, I was around for the last relegation and it wasn't nice.

Well you could say he had balls to manage in the Old Firm and to go from sha to us. In isolation, those are not two of the easiest things to do in football. Doesn't prove anything but does 'suggest' it.

If you want to call it a "true fan" fine that suits me as on principle I never nor would ever bet against the Villa. Likewise I will be renewing my season tickets, not because I support Lerner or McCleish but because I support Aston Villa!

Players, Managers, Owners etc come and go but fans are fans for life "through thick and thin"

Yeah that is clear to see, open your eyes and see the empty seats at Villa Park.

The term "true fan" counts for jack shit in this day and age.

You can call yourself that and sit there as righteous as you want, but the simple truth is that the club relies on the mass, not the small % of extremely loyal fans as you portrait yourself to be.

People demand mutual respect to fork away thousands of pounds every year, and when a certain point arrives they will stay away. The club needs international fans to come see Villa every year, spend a lot of money in the city and in the club shop - as well online for supporter effects etc. That spirals on to every aspect of the club as a product and a business. More apathy and less people in the stands equals less interest, less revenue, lost income from TV, sponsorships and the whole nine yards.

You can probably get a better view from your seat next season though, as I guess the demand will decline tremendously. And you can sit there with your other firm believers. The important point here is not that all other fans are gloryhunters and lesser fans, not at all, but football is not the most important thing in life and that is more visible when the club gives so little back. It is not a human right to win trophies or win most home games every year, but who are we kidding, we are Villa and we do not demand that at all. What I do want is a challenge within our means, the best attempt from both players and club at board level. What we have this season and the last one as well, is a clear disrespect from the guys in charge. Loyalty is lost and fans are boiling over because of it.

Our team is more than good enough to perform better than this, and Villa come from the second biggest city in England, yet the numbers are that low. It is amazing, spectacular even.

Michael Kightly has just admitted Wolves are down. Very unusual for players to admit it when there is still a chance of survival.

He knows his side are not gonna win 2 of their next 5 games and if they do the chances of Blackburn, Bolton and Wigan not getting anymore points is slim. He's being very realistic..

Can we stop it with the "true fan" or in other words "better fan than you" bullshit please, it is in the guidelines if you'd care to read then. Thanks

Dam i was gonna say "i'm a a bigger and better fan than you neh neh"

:flag: