Relegation - Merged

Amo69

I think QPR could get a result against city ont he last day, I mean City look like they have lost out on the Title now, and will have nothing to play for on the last day. So I think a result could be in QPR's favour there.

QPR struggle to finish a game with 11 players on the pitch so they might find it a bit difficult even against a Man Citeh side with nothing to play for.

True mate. But I just think if Man City have nothing to play for on the last day and QPR could survive by getting a result then they might actually beat them. Just my theory on it mind.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bolton have a good run in compared to those three so I think they'll end up on 36 or 37 points.

If we finish lower than Bolton then that's the pits!

We won't. I have us finishing on 38 or 39 points.

Still nowhere near acceptable. It would be our lowest points tally finish in the premier league era.

Bolton have a good run in compared to those three so I think they'll end up on 36 or 37 points.

If we finish lower than Bolton then that's the pits!

We won't. I have us finishing on 38 or 39 points.

Still nowhere near acceptable. It would be our lowest points tally finish in the premier league era.

I have already said on here that McLeish is on course for our worst Premier League points return (previously 42 points under O'Leary) so based on that he has to be sacked if he succeeds in doing so.

If this happens then we are worse off than we were 6 seasons ago in the last stages of the Ellis/O'Leary era and this is totally unacceptable and cannot in any way be considered anything other than a failure and regression.

I think QPR could get a result against city ont he last day, I mean City look like they have lost out on the Title now, and will have nothing to play for on the last day. So I think a result could be in QPR's favour there.

QPR struggle to finish a game with 11 players on the pitch so they might find it a bit difficult even against a Man Citeh side with nothing to play for.

True mate. But I just think if Man City have nothing to play for on the last day and QPR could survive by getting a result then they might actually beat them. Just my theory on it mind.

Mancini is not the sort of manager to let his team go on holiday till after the last game ?!

Mancini is not the sort of manager to let his team go on holiday till after the last game ?!

He gave Tevez 6 months off......

He gave Tevez 6 months off......

That's not the whole team ?

if we win today we could get 42 or 43 points, still a cack total for the season though. lose today and it all starts to look shitty again pretty quick.

prob be a draw, and we'll finish the season around 39-40 points. shocking return really. only saving grae will be if we're mathematically safe with 3 games to go and we play all the kids together that have had such great results in the ressies.

1 point closer to safety and now 7 points the difference, with 5-6 games to go - can't see three of the bottom five winning 3 games a piece.

Hopefully the midweek fixtures will go in our favour too.

Looking at the remaining fixtures I can't see many points picked up by any of the teams below us (and us for that matter!!!)

Wolves:

Arsenal (H)

Sunderland (A)

Man Citeh (H)

Swansea (A)

Everton (H)

Wigan (A)

Wigan:

ManUre (H)

Arsenal (A)

Fulham (A)

Newcastle (A)

Blackburn (A)

Wolves (H)

Blackburn:

Liverpool (H)

Swansea (A)

Norwich (H)

Tottenham (A)

Wigan (H)

Chelsea (A)

QPR:

Swansea (H)

West Brom (A)

Tottenham (H)

Chelsea (A)

Stoke (H)

Citeh (A)

Bolton:

Swansea (H)

Villa (A)

Sunderland (A)

Tottenham (H)

West Brom (H)

Stoke (A)

Should be alright, but in a bad scenario (we lose Man Utd and Sunderland, Bolton beat Swansea), Bolton would be coming to Villa 3 points behind us. And QPR & Blackburn both have 3 winnable fixtures. So we could be dragged back into the mix if they all hit form but it's looking unlikely now.

Nevertheless our points tally isn't good enough. Struggling to hit 40 pts is a relegation-type performance over the season, whether or not we go down..