Relegation - Merged

Amo69

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's amazing me is how everytime I hear a pundit discuss the relegation battle, we just never get a mention. It's like the media havent looked at a league table.

None of the media are really saying how poor of a job McLeish is doing either, it's like we're expected to be this crap.

Disinterested and Ireland? Are you kidding me? He's the only player in our side right now that week in week out plays like he loves the club. He's our best player and without him we wouldn't even have the option of drawing games right now.

Yes, a bit harsh perhaps. I am happy to admit this. I hope he has the stomach for a fight as he'll need it. He's playing well.

At the risk of upsetting all the Warnock Haters on this forum I personally believe that he does care and has put in a shift every time he has turned out since he was dropped for poor form.

The reason he gets injured most games is that he is prepared to throw his body in where it hurts to block shots that may otherwise result in a goal.

Agree. Warnock done well yesterday but as you state there are those that are quick to slate him at all costs.

The media didn't like us trying to gate crash the sky4 party

Now they just ignore us

Thing is, they've got no problem with Spurs on this matter. It's as if they don't mind another team gate-crashing the Sky4 (Spurs/Man City) as long as it's not a Midlands team.

Yes and the outrage from the media when we signed Bent

David Craig on sky spent the best part of a day bitterly telling the nation the deal wouldn't go through

His face was a **** picture when he signed, he looked totally gutted

David Craig is the North east correspondent for SSN so it's normal you'd get a bit of bias in that situation.

I too can't remember much of the media having a go at us when we were challenging the top 4, maybe a few of the pundits like Marcotti who were questioning some of MON's signings and the football we were playing in comparison to what Spurs have played this season.

In hindsight who was right?

What's amazing me is how everytime I hear a pundit discuss the relegation battle, we just never get a mention. It's like the media havent looked at a league table.

None of the media are really saying how poor of a job McLeish is doing either, it's like we're expected to be this crap.

This, if u look back when Newcastle were going down a few years ago, the press were raving about how could it happen to s club like Newcastle. When it comes to villa its **** em, deserve to go down if they sell there best players. We get no credit for our academy, the players we produce and play. If we go down, it will be recognised in a inch long column in the papers.

To my fellow villans on the site, stop feeling sorry for yourself "everyone dislikes us", "people dont care about us".

The reason why we have not been mentioned in the whole relegation thing is that before ethis weekend there was a nice big gap. Now that gap is gone, and we will be noticed.

To my fellow villans on the site, stop feeling sorry for yourself "everyone dislikes us", "people dont care about us".

The reason why we have not been mentioned in the whole relegation thing is that before ethis weekend there was a nice big gap. Now that gap is gone, and we will be noticed.

The gap is gone? Last night it was 5 points with 7 games to go. Let's see where we are after the 2 Easter games.

The gap is gone? Last night it was 5 points with 7 games to go. Let's see where we are after the 2 Easter games.

probably 2 points with 5 games to go.

That's the spirit!

When I say gap I mean mean big enough distance for it not to be a worry. I think when I first came to Munich in Feb, we were 11 points ahead of Bolton etc. Slowly it has been eaten up, and if we dont get something at anfield it will be even smaller.

That's the spirit!

thank you :)

Lets just hope we can continue Liverpools bad run next week, 3 points out of that would do us nicely, they have been awful lately. Just hope they dont end that tragic form they are in against us, we have been known to be the "nice guy" against other teams in the past in awful form. Please dont let it happen next week.

Lets just hope we can continue Liverpools bad run next week, 3 points out of that would do us nicely, they have been awful lately. Just hope they dont end that tragic form they are in against us, we have been known to be the "nice guy" against other teams in the past in awful form. Please dont let it happen next week.

You do realise that what you have put there is exactly what will happen.

It's inevitable I'm afraid...

Villa are fall guys to every team or player that hasn't won, hasn't scored, hasn't had a penalty given, hasn't kept a clean sheet or whatever.

If one thing is almost certain it's that Villa are the team to play if you want to put an end to something long term and negative.

Yes Liverpool have been shit in the league since the start of the year and yes they are ripe for beating but I won't hold my breath on this happening for us whilst McLeish is in charge.