Relegation - Merged

Amo69

No more "this team has a hard run of games" comments too. QPR have beaten Liverpool and Arsenal in the last 2 weeks. Those bottom teams are now fighting hard to stay up. A few weeks ago the gap was about 10 points. Now it is 4 points. That scrappy last minute header by Weimann is now looking looking very important.

The feeling I have now is worse than 02-03 when we survived on game 36.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not about probabilities it's about players and form. Whilst we have more points that our relegation rivals, injuries etc have left us with a really poor team full of inexperienced kids. I wouldn't fancy us beating anyone apart from maybe Wolves. For example Bolton at home - I'd make them favourites vs us at the moment. QPR, Blackburn, Wigan and Bolton all look better than us Make no mistake we are in real trouble now.

No more "this team has a hard run of games" comments too. QPR have beaten Liverpool and Arsenal in the last 2 weeks. Those bottom teams are now fighting hard to stay up. A few weeks ago the gap was about 10 points. Now it is 4 points. That scrappy last minute header by Weimann is now looking looking very important.

They dont have 7 players injured

They dont have 7 players injured

True, but at the end of the day there is no sympathy in this league. It is all about results now, they wont say at the end of the season, "oh you had injuries and they didnt so you can have a few extra points"

As I said I still think the club will stay up, but I predict it will be a small margin of about 2 or 3 points.

Carlos back next week they say.

Delph out for the season.

N Zogbia a month.

Bent out for the season.

Dunne is forecast for a return in late April.

Stan is sadly out obviously for the season and foreseeable future.

Jenas? Oh.

Hutton out for a couple weeks.

Basically this team today, accept Carlos maybe coming back, is the team to try save us.

It won't happen.

before today's game we realistically had around a 1-5% chance of getting relegated, now we probably have a 4-8% chance of getting relegated.

nothing to do with us losing really, more because the other relegation candidates pulled out some wins.

I've said that Villa would stay up .... not by our own efforts, but because I couldn't see three of the teams below us getting enough points to claw their way above us. I have to admit that I'm revising my opinion rapidly!

We seem to be relying totally on other teams failing, rather than rolling our sleeves up and battling like crazy. :(

Doomesday scenario

We get relegated

Mcleish isnt sacked

Jesus **** Christ

Sadly I can see this happening :(

and birmingham city go up through the play offs.

Me and my brother were discussing this scenario walking back from villa park.

The fact it's even a possibility is a disgrace.

LERNER OUT!!!!

Overall our relegation which is a probability now not a possibility will prove two things:

1) Alex McLeish should not and probably never will manage in the Premiership ever again.

2) Our useless clown of an owner who piles poor decision on poor decision should never be allowed near a 'sports franchise. ever again

Doomesday scenario

We get relegated

Mcleish isnt sacked

Jesus **** Christ

Sadly I can see this happening :(

and birmingham city go up through the play offs.

We all know it's destined to happen. Pains me to say it, but I would swap AM for Chris Hughton in an instant.

Overall our relegation which is a probability now not a possibility will prove two things:

1) Alex McLeish should not and probably never will manage in the Premiership ever again.

2) Our useless clown of an owner who piles poor decision on poor decision should never be allowed near a 'sports franchise. ever again

So true its worse than Ellis who at least had a football brain. Eck as Villa manager ffsake is beyond brainless no matter how you look at it

Disgusting scenes :cry:

I still believe 35 points is the survival target...I still back us to scamble two draws....

Wolves are down...I believe the loser of Wigan v Blackburn 2nd last game of the season will be relegated.

QPR are worrying me I must admit...they seem to be doing a West Ham from 5 years ago when they went on this mad winning run towards the end of the season. I thought they'd nick a point against Arsenal but not win. Only positive I can see is they still keep losing away from home and their final four away games are West Brom, Chelsea, Manure and Man. City.