Relegation - Merged

Amo69

Is anyone else thinking a galvanised Bolton are about to go on a little run for Muamba with a mixture of sympathised performances from the opposition and a team on a mission

I think they will, I think blackburn and bolton will over take us.

I did the predictor and had us staying up by 1 point on 36 just ahead of QPR.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McLeish is the worst manager in the PL by a country mile. We still have a half decent squad and he has managed to make them utterly useless. I for one am sick of the utter bollocks he spouts to us as fans and the media. He is completely out of his depth. We know it, he knows it, but sadly the owner does not.

Of course Randy Lerner knows McLeish is utterly inept as manager for this club. However, the foundation of his decision is not known to anyone on this board. Was McLeish just hired as a man one could easily fire in one year? That has been my opinion all along. Steady the ship and then fork him out. Then it comes to the main thing; why would Lerner have such an idea from the start?

Either he just wanted this season to be exactly that, just performing at bare minimum to stay up and probably clear up deadwood in the summer. Start fresh, balance the books a bit and lower expectations. Then fire McLeish and hire someone new who would bring some excitement back to our club, because come next summer we will enjoy everyone other than McLeish. OR, his plan was all along to sell up and in the meantime just make our prospectus more flattering to a new investor/owner. We can easily get rid of many players in the summer, McLeish could be fired in a second because no-one would miss him, the squad would be thin and thus a new manager could build his own team instantly without putting too much energy towards selling 20 players like City had to.

Anyway, I do not think McLeish will be here next season. He is simply a puppet in the process, someone who would never argue with anything and then take his hat and leave this place when told so. If a new owner came in and we had a semi-good manager on a 4-year contract they would struggle to just sack him. Let's say we had Mark Hughes on good money, and we did pretty well this season.... they would have to let him stay on - like Ranieri when Abramovich took over Chelsea. This is me hoping of course.

I am just a believer of logic, especially in business. Why would Lerner keep Villa in his portfolio when we are losing money, he is never here to see us play, Birmingham is a shithole compared to New York and everywhere else in the States where he can do business, he had struggled to get a good team after spending a lot of money and he clearly has lost interest in the whole project.

I am pretty sure he will sell up within a short period time, every factor leads to that conclusion.

- So why did we spend some money in the summer? To avoid relegation, to please the fans somewhat, to act like everything is normal

- And why would he reject claims about a takeover? To avoid media frenzy, competition from other club owners, to keep a low profile and to keep the players on their toes

Top post. :thumb:

Whether or not your right...we will see.

There has to be a reason Mcleish was hired, there just has to be. I firmly believe that no man of sound mind would hire a relegated manager from your rivals who is known for poor football. There just must be some sort of reason he was hired.

You would have to be a complete idiot to hire Mcleish. A complete Cretin. Mental. Deluded. Pick one.

The only thing that worries me though is that Lerner has been doing this at the Browns for years. They are consistently an embarrasment in the NFL and have hired poor managers in the past.

You have two options really. Either,

Lerner hired Mcleish because of the reasons you stated above (easy to get rid of etc.)

or

Lerner is a complete **** idiot.

Im leaning towards the latter.

There is a third option.And its a very worrying one for us.

First off I am not a bean counter so I dont really know what I am talking about but if you see what is happening at the Browns and at Villa and put 2 and 2 together I come up with this theory.

Lerner makes his money somewhere,not at Villa and not at the Browns he MAKES money elsewhere. So the way I see it is this.

His money making company make a profit of 100 million but instead of getting taxed on his 100 million profit he claims the Browns lost 20 million so he only pays tax on 80 million.Now if Villa also lose 20 million then although he makes 100 million he writes Villa and the Browns off as a tax loss and only pays tax on 60 million.So he makes 100 million but only pays tax on 60 million...Thats one hell of a profit.

Now before anyone starts to correct me on the figures,I am not using actual figures, I am only trying to explain something ok.And as I said before I am not a bean counter, just putting 2 and 2 together.

Is anyone else thinking a galvanised Bolton are about to go on a little run for Muamba with a mixture of sympathised performances from the opposition and a team on a mission

I think they will, I think blackburn and bolton will over take us.

I did the predictor and had us staying up by 1 point on 36 just ahead of QPR.

As long as McClunge is manager we all have a right to be pessimistic, but to predict we will only pick up 3 points from our remaining 10 games is taking it to a new level.

We have taken 33 points from 28 games, and 5 of those points from the last 3 games.

We are shit, but we're not that shit...

McLeish is the worst manager in the PL by a country mile. We still have a half decent squad and he has managed to make them utterly useless. I for one am sick of the utter bollocks he spouts to us as fans and the media. He is completely out of his depth. We know it, he knows it, but sadly the owner does not.

Of course Randy Lerner knows McLeish is utterly inept as manager for this club. However, the foundation of his decision is not known to anyone on this board. Was McLeish just hired as a man one could easily fire in one year? That has been my opinion all along. Steady the ship and then fork him out. Then it comes to the main thing; why would Lerner have such an idea from the start?

Either he just wanted this season to be exactly that, just performing at bare minimum to stay up and probably clear up deadwood in the summer. Start fresh, balance the books a bit and lower expectations. Then fire McLeish and hire someone new who would bring some excitement back to our club, because come next summer we will enjoy everyone other than McLeish. OR, his plan was all along to sell up and in the meantime just make our prospectus more flattering to a new investor/owner. We can easily get rid of many players in the summer, McLeish could be fired in a second because no-one would miss him, the squad would be thin and thus a new manager could build his own team instantly without putting too much energy towards selling 20 players like City had to.

Anyway, I do not think McLeish will be here next season. He is simply a puppet in the process, someone who would never argue with anything and then take his hat and leave this place when told so. If a new owner came in and we had a semi-good manager on a 4-year contract they would struggle to just sack him. Let's say we had Mark Hughes on good money, and we did pretty well this season.... they would have to let him stay on - like Ranieri when Abramovich took over Chelsea. This is me hoping of course.

I am just a believer of logic, especially in business. Why would Lerner keep Villa in his portfolio when we are losing money, he is never here to see us play, Birmingham is a shithole compared to New York and everywhere else in the States where he can do business, he had struggled to get a good team after spending a lot of money and he clearly has lost interest in the whole project.

I am pretty sure he will sell up within a short period time, every factor leads to that conclusion.

- So why did we spend some money in the summer? To avoid relegation, to please the fans somewhat, to act like everything is normal

- And why would he reject claims about a takeover? To avoid media frenzy, competition from other club owners, to keep a low profile and to keep the players on their toes

Top post. :thumb:

Whether or not your right...we will see.

There has to be a reason Mcleish was hired, there just has to be. I firmly believe that no man of sound mind would hire a relegated manager from your rivals who is known for poor football. There just must be some sort of reason he was hired.

You would have to be a complete idiot to hire Mcleish. A complete Cretin. Mental. Deluded. Pick one.

The only thing that worries me though is that Lerner has been doing this at the Browns for years. They are consistently an embarrasment in the NFL and have hired poor managers in the past.

You have two options really. Either,

Lerner hired Mcleish because of the reasons you stated above (easy to get rid of etc.)

or

Lerner is a complete **** idiot.

Im leaning towards the latter.

There is a third option.And its a very worrying one for us.

First off I am not a bean counter so I dont really know what I am talking about but if you see what is happening at the Browns and at Villa and put 2 and 2 together I come up with this theory.

Lerner makes his money somewhere,not at Villa and not at the Browns he MAKES money elsewhere. So the way I see it is this.

His money making company make a profit of 100 million but instead of getting taxed on his 100 million profit he claims the Browns lost 20 million so he only pays tax on 80 million.Now if Villa also lose 20 million then although he makes 100 million he writes Villa and the Browns off as a tax loss and only pays tax on 60 million.So he makes 100 million but only pays tax on 60 million...Thats one hell of a profit.

Now before anyone starts to correct me on the figures,I am not using actual figures, I am only trying to explain something ok.And as I said before I am not a bean counter, just putting 2 and 2 together.

the cleveland browns have made profit every year since 2000 (i havent gone back any further)

Let's see where we are in 3 games time, fwiw I can see is picking up 10 points between now an may, 4 draws, 2 wins (bolton and sunderland) and 4 defeats. Draws against stoke, chelsea, spurs & norwich

My theory must be wrong then.

I said I was not a bean counter.

what he makes at the browns does not cover what he loses at the villa though, far from it.

I think lerner is probaly just waiting for his mum to pop her clogs, think he gets about another $500m then along with his sister

Let's see where we are in 3 games time, fwiw I can see is picking up 10 points between now an may, 4 draws, 2 wins (bolton and sunderland) and 4 defeats. Draws against stoke, chelsea, spurs & norwich

I have us losing to sunderland and bolton.

MON will do us over and in a perverse way I think the whole Muamba thing will work out quite well for Bolton in that I think they will win a few now.

Chelsea and Spurs I think will beat us quite easily and I think Nowich will beat us on their patch. I think it looks really bleak for us if Im honest for the rest of the season

Premier%20League%20Predictor.jpg

Is what I get, with a few games left to play. 15-17th.

Not the topic of the thread, I know, but the most interesting thing about that is what you think will happen at the top. Man U to win it by 6 points? :shock: I don't think so.

I've just done it and it's not pretty

The weekend we play Sunderland is massive

Blackburn & Bolton both at home that weekend with winnable games

QPR at home too

It would be so ironic if MON sent us into the drop zone