Relegation - Merged

Amo69

I don't think we are at risk of going down any more which will mostly be down to the pack below us failing to pick up the necessary points. I think we'll more or less match the poor form of the relegation pack, get overtaken by one of them and finish 16th roughly 3 or 4 points clear with results going in such a way that we never really feel too under threat.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 points above the relegation zone with only 10 games left.

Even the biggest pessimisst (sp) will admit we are safe now. I think this thread can officially be locked. Only 5 points behind Liverpool.

• 2 weeks later...

So, impressive wins for Blackburn (back to back) and QPR in midweek and now we go into a few horrible looking fixtures

Is anyone else having a little look over their shoulder

So, impressive wins for Blackburn (back to back) and QPR in midweek and now we go into a few horrible looking fixtures

Yes, I certainly am.

If we had played our game v Bolton and won, 36 points would probably have been enough to stay up.

Like you say, Blackburn have started winning, QPR won last night (which was always going to happen with their squad) and suddenly you see the gap closing.

The big concern was if/when the teams below us started rallying whether we could do enough to pull clear.

Looking at the fixture list, I do not believe we will go down, but I can't see us moving far out of our current position.

Nah. Even if those two overhauled us, one of the other three still have to hit some serious form too, which seems pretty unlikely. Not out of the question, but I'd be very surprised now if we got relegated.

Nah. Even if those two overhauled us, one of the other three still have to hit some serious form too, which seems pretty unlikely. Not out of the question, but I'd be very surprised now if we got relegated.

Whilst relegation is almost certainly not on, there is the possibility of Villa finishing 16th or even 17th.

Are we happy about that even?! For me and gievn the players Villa have, to finish anywhere near this point is a disaster. I thought that McLeish said that a finish below 9th would be a failure?

If Bolton beat us that only leaves them 7 behind us with 9 other games, that a bit too close given, as you say, Blackburn and QPRs recent victories. I think we will just be ok, but like John says this season could end up a complete failure if only achieve 16th or 17th, which is not acceptable

the distance is too great, they may score the odd impressive win, but qpr won't get to play such hilarious teams like liverpool every week, whilst this week as an eg is blackburn v bolton, so points will be split one way or another, other games between themselves, plus us even with general pessimo hats on we ourselves are still likely to pick up at least a few more points anyway.

Whilst relegation is almost certainly not on, there is the possibility of Villa finishing 16th or even 17th.

6 points behind 8th, 8 points ahead of 17th. we could possibly finish anywhere. hell look at last seasons finale jump to 9th.

I may find myself chastised for blatantly displaying such optimism on VT, but midtable is extremely tight, so we could just as easily jump up the league in a flash with a win or two, and we now have a game in hand against a side sitting 10 points and 22 goals behind us in the first relegation spot.

6 points behind 8th, 8 points ahead of 17th. we could possibly finish anywhere. hell look at last seasons finale jump to 9th.

yeah I agree I think our fixture list just makes me look over my shoulder more than up the ladder at the moment

I am starting to come round to the though that we scrape survival by goal difference which then puts massive pressure on McLeish...although Randy or the clown would still come out and say it was a solid season!

Guys,

There is no way we are going down. Not this season anyway. It would take THREE of that 'famous' bottom five to overhaul us. Not just one or two. And have all got their own problems, despite an upturn in recent fortunes for Blackburn and latterly QPR.

The next three games may test our resolve. Just hold onto the raft!

Are we happy about that even?! For me and gievn the players Villa have, to finish anywhere near this point is a disaster. I thought that McLeish said that a finish below 9th would be a failure?

Not only Mcleish said that but the majority of fans and the CEO also

Is anyone else thinking a galvanised Bolton are about to go on a little run for Muamba with a mixture of sympathised performances from the opposition and a team on a mission