Relegation - Merged

Amo69

Didn't realise there was a 2 week gap after Fulham

If we lose at Blackburn and at home to Fulham, this will be perfect timing to fire McLeish and find a replacement

Then we will have the upturn in results to save our bacon.

Even if it's just Sid and KMac taking the job on

Yep Bolton match moved as they still in FA Cup. Not a very nice time for a replacement to come in though - first 5 fixtures would be Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Stoke, Man Utd!

Only delayed by two days though so not too much of a bigger break.

Also correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there a two week break either following or before the dreadful Wolves home game last March and Houllier wasn't sacked then. They will stand by their appointment even though he is dragging us into a relegation battle.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's worrying now for sure. Dunne out, Bent out. We must hope and pray the bottom teams don't start picking up points as I honestly can't see us winning any of our remaining games.

It'll be ultra defensive hooofs upto Heskey to knock onto Gabby from here on in rest assured.

We should still be ok if we pick up 4 or 5 draws but need to rely somewhat on the bottom teams remaining as poor as they've been all season.

QPR won't keep losing, they have attacking quality and a decent defence, they can definitely catch us.

Wolves looked much better at the weekend and score goals, if they can stop letting in simple goals, goals from free-kicks, they can catch us.

Wigan are always better towards the end of the season.

We're deep in shit.

Can't score, can't defend, can't attack.

QPR won't keep losing, they have attacking quality and a decent defence, they can definitely catch us.

Wolves looked much better at the weekend and score goals, if they can stop letting in simple goals, goals from free-kicks, they can catch us.

We're deep in shit.

But we have Heskey!!!

The run in last season we got lucky by playing weakened teams injury wise. This season we're not going to be so lucky and looking at the remaining fixtures we simply have to beat Blackburn. If we lose against Blackburn and Randy doesn't then sack AM, there's very little doubt in my mind that we're going to be relegated.

QPR have the hardest run in by far. I have been working stuff out and the only real way we can go down is if we don't get 6 points.

That would force 3 of the teams below us to win 5 from 12, which most of have them have won 5 in 26. Plus they have each other so some will lose game.

Also In a 38 game season no team has gone down after being 8pts above the drop zone after 26 games.

The run in last season we got lucky by playing weakened teams injury wise. This season we're not going to be so lucky and looking at the remaining fixtures we simply have to beat Blackburn. If we lose against Blackburn and Randy doesn't then sack AM, there's very little doubt in my mind that we're going to be relegated.

:lol::lol::lol:

Seriously :?:

We're deep in shit.

Unbelievable analysis, all of a sudden 5 teams who can't muster a point a game suddenly have attacking quality, Qpr have scored 2 less than us and Wolves the same number. The difference is neither team can stop leaking goals, that's why they are adrift with the other three. None of the teams below us have won more games than us, we've lost 9 games, Bolton have lost 18 out of 26, Blackburn and QPR 15, Wolves and Wigan 14 and now with 12 games left they are all going to perform like Sunderland!!!!. I don't think so! Yes, it's been a crap season but we are not getting relegated. A bit of realism is needed not this pessimistic baseless analysis.

For me we already have more points than Wigan will get and 35 points will see us ahead of all of the clubs below us. So another 6 points is the target or as we are now really in a mini league to stay up we need to avoid defeat at worst in our games against Blackburn and Bolton or pick up a win and a draw to be almost safe. But, how sad it is that our bright future has now come to this...

How sad will it be if we get relegated and blues get promoted

Or they go up as Champions and FA Cup winners dakid007? Don't worry they are destined to lose their manager in the summer, to go out of the promotion race in the play offs (if they get that far) and to bow out to Chelsea in their replay. How cruel that would be for them and to see Big Eck again talk of his love for us having led us on a lap of the pitch on securing enough points to stay up on the last day. :winkold: