Jose Mourinho

maqroll

What English Club Will "The Special One" Manage?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. What English Club Will "The Special One" Manage?

• Chelsea
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Manchester City
    • Tottenham Hotspur
    • Arsenal
    • Other

• 3 months later...

An interesting post about Mourinho's time at Real Madrid over at /r/soccer

3 Years: A comprehensive look at Mourinho’s Real Madrid The Numbers Mourinho’s Best Season: 2011-2012 Pos/Team W D L Pts #1 Real Madrid 32 4 2 100 #2 Barcelona 28 7 3 91 #3 Valencia 17 10 11 61 GF GA GD 121 32 +89

Most Goals Scored in a Game: 7 http://youtu.be/xEMwznhwEUg

Most Goals Conceded in a Game: 3 http://youtu.be/ZzaoUo2iJbM

Best Result: 6 November 2011 Real Madrid 7 – 1 Osasuna

Win Rate: 79.31%

Most Points Achieved in the 6 Main European Leagues by Any Coach

Country Team Season Points Spain Real Madrid 2011-2012 100 England Chelsea 2004-2005 95 Germany Bayern Munich 2012-2013 91 Portugal Porto 2002-2003 86

Records set by Mourinho in Bold

More Records by Mourinho in the historic 32 League Title Win:

Most wins by any team in La Liga: 32

Most Points by any team in La Liga: 100

Heavy victory rate (3 or more goals): 62%

Comebacks: 9

Most Goals: 121 http://youtu.be/MJ4xqctYxE4

Biggest Goal Difference: +89

Most Away Victories: 16

Most Away Goals: 51

Most Away Points: 50

Overall Record at Madrid W L D 122 22 37 Trophies
  • 2011-2012 La Liga
  • 2010-2011 Copa del Rey
  • 2012 Super Copa de España
Accomplishments of Other Coaches with at least 3 consecutive years at Madrid (50s onward)
  • José Villalonga December 1954 – April 1957: 2 League Titles, 2 UCL Titles, 2 Latin Cups

• Miguel Muñoz 1960-1974: 9 League Titles, 3 Spanish Cups, 1 Intercontinental Cup, 2 UCL Titles

• Miljan Miljanić May 1974 - September 1977: 2 League Titles, 1 Spanish Cup

• Vujadin Boškov March 1979 - June 1982: 1 League Title, 2 Spanish Cups

• Vicente del Bosque November 1999 – June 2003: 2 League Titles, 1 Super Cup, 2 UCL Titles, 1 Intercontinental Cup

Coach Seasons Major Trophies Miguel Muñoz 16 14 Vicente del Bosque 4 4 Jose Villalonga 3 4 Miljan Miljanić 3 3 Vujadin Boškov 3 3 Jose Mourinho 3 2

excluding SuperCups, Latin Cups, Intercontinental Cups

(full post in the link at the top) 

• Like 1

stats are not accurate. He lost 5-0 in league to Barcelona

as for job he did it was OK 1 league title is great on paper but not with them transfer fees and his trophy record is same as Mancini at City and they arent good enough

Edited by Zatman

Disappointed if Jose does indeed return to Chavski. Seems a strange choice as there must have been a breakdown in his relationship with Abramovich previously. 

Both parties parted ways willingly, but neither of them has 'enjoyed' the intervening years so they're getting back together. They never knew what they had! It's like a wonderful love story with a happy ending* :D

* no Rob, just no.

Since they have parted ways they have both done well. I would argue Mourinhos most successful period in his career was when he was in charge of Inter Milan. And since 2007 Chelsea have won the double, champions league, lots of fa cups etc. I would argue they both enjoyed the last 5 years apart.

Any body put a cheeky tenner on him going to Stoke maybe???

Interesting. Interesting. The timing is certainly suspicious :)

I would like to see Mourinho at a smaller club with not much money. Would be interesting to see how he got on. But with his record he has nothing to prove to anyone. Why sell yourself short.

I would like to see Mourinho at a smaller club with not much money. Would be interesting to see how he got on. But with his record he has nothing to prove to anyone. Why sell yourself short.

He did. He was with União de Leiria and did unbelievably well with them, which is why he was snapped up by Porto in the first place.

I didn't know that. But I just read up on his time at Unao de Leiria, he was only there for 8 months.

Yeah and had them 3rd in the league. Sometimes you have to move quickly in case others get in before you. Turns out Porto were right to do so.

Â