Jose Mourinho

maqroll

What English Club Will "The Special One" Manage?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. What English Club Will "The Special One" Manage?

• Chelsea
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Manchester City
    • Tottenham Hotspur
    • Arsenal
    • Other

For me Real Madrid are the best team in the world at the moment, the league never lies. Barcelona might turn up for every Clasico but leagues are won over 38 games not 2.

I'm tempted to agree.

I think as a first XI, Barca still edge them. I.e. in a one off game my money would still be on Barca.

But in terms of team as a whole and ability to get the job done over a season, Real are better.

Madrid are minnow-bullies which is why they're top of the league and that's fine, but when you get your ass handed to you by a team every time you step onto the pitch against them it's hard to argue you are a better team than them. Barça are better than Madrid, but Mourinho is an unbelievable manager.

Madrid are minnow-bullies which is why they're top of the league and that's fine, but when you get your ass handed to you by a team every time you step onto the pitch against them it's hard to argue you are a better team than them. Barça are better than Madrid, but Mourinho is an unbelievable manager

every team has a bogey team, plus except for the 5-0 and league game at bernabeu this season all other games have been close

Real have the much more expensively assembled team. But of course Barcas team costs a fair bit too, lets not forget about the injured David Villa.

Barcelona have spent a lot of money as well Dani Alves, Alexis, Fabregas and the ridiculous money paid for Zlatan

Arguably the best manager around at the moment.

Don't think anybody is arguing to be honest.

----

Hate Chelsea, hate Inter, hate Real Madrid.

LOVE!!! Jose. :lol:

Have you heard of Sir Alex Ferguson?

Yeah but you can't count Fergie in these arguments because he is just a God when it comes football management. :lol:

Madrid are minnow-bullies which is why they're top of the league and that's fine, but when you get your ass handed to you by a team every time you step onto the pitch against them it's hard to argue you are a better team than them. Barça are better than Madrid, but Mourinho is an unbelievable manager.

That's what I was trying to get at when I said Barca have the best XI

On any one day you'd back Barca to pull it out of the bag and beat Madrid.

But with Madrid's squad, and as you said their bully mentality, I'd say they're the better team (or squad) if you like in terms of getting points on the board.

Barcelona are the best team in the world when it comes down "in a one off game, who would you bet on to win" ...Barcelona would be top of everyones list, well should be IMO.

I think Barca have gifted Real the title though this season, mainly down to far too much rotation in the team and lack of depth at times. if Barca have injuries, it's usually likes of Adriano, Keita, Cuenca coming in, while Real have Khediera, Kaka, Benzema etc... and also as I said, rotation. Sometimes even with players fit in big games they needed to win, he's rested important players for no particular reasons and it's cost them points.

26 league games this season;

top appearances over 20 games;

Valdes; 26

Messi; 25

Alves; 24

Abidal; 22

Xavi; 22

Busquets; 21

Fabregas; 20

Real Madrid:

Casillias; 26

Ronaldo; 26

Ozil; 25

Xabi Alonso; 25

Sergio Ramos; 24

Higuain; 24

Kaka; 22

Marcelo; 22

Benzema; 22

Pepe; 20

When you look at the appearances and also the players mentioned, can give an indication into why Barca have maybe dropped points in quite a few more games.

Barca dropped points;

Sociedad; Puyol, Pique, Abidal, Mascherano, Iniesta, Messi, Villa all not playing.

Valencia; Pique, Iniesta, Villa, Sanchez.

Sevilla; Pique, Puyol, Busquets, Pedro, Sanchez, Fabregas.

Bilbao; Puyol, Sanchez, Villa/Pedro.

Getafe; Mascherano, Puyol, Iniesta, Fabregas.

Espanyol; Played strongest team.

Villarael; Iniesta, Sanchez, Villa/Pedro.

Osasuna; Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas (all 4!)

Obviously, it's difficult to get every player into the team but Barca when they played Real Madrid played the strongest team of

Valdes

Alves Puyol Pique/Masch Abidal

Busq

Xavi Fabregas Iniesta

Sanchez Messi.

In whatever formation, either 4-3-3, 3-4-3 etc...

In most of those games mentioned and pretty much every game this season, that side has rarely ever played. The games before, he's left key midfielders out for likes of Keita, Thiago, (even Sergo Roberto)...strikers, plenty of times he left out Villa/Sanchez/Pedro for someone like Adriano.

Real Madrid players alongside those mentioned above who have played double figure games;

Arbeloa, Khedeira, Di Maria, Coentrao, Diarra, Callejon.

Barcelona players; Pique, Puyol, Adriano, Iniesta, Keita, Villa, Sanchez, Pedro, Cuenca, Mascherano, Thiago.

so whether through injuries, rotation or most likely, both. I do think Real Madrid have won the title through Barca weakening their squad in games more than anything. That's not Real Madrid's fault at all, they have done their job brilliantly and deservedly will win the title but when it comes down to it, 11 vs 11, I think Barcelona definitely have the edge over Real Madrid as proven on various occasions.

It's quite annoying because Barca won the title last year through a middle period with something like 20 wins in 21 games where during that run, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Pedro, Villa, Messi was the front 6 for at least 15/16 of them and in the other games, just a single player would come in, I.e. Mascha for Busquets or Keita for Xavi, Bojan for Pedro. Never 3/4 changes to midfield/attack like it is now. They had that consistancy which is never their now and I think that has cost them.

I think Mourinho has turned Madrid into an incredibly efficient team, and Barcelona will remain behind them until they have a plan b away from home, because the've been sussed out in a league with teams more than capable of keeping the ball.

In the cups Barcelona have the advantage because at some point the opposition will have to have a go, whereas in the league they can aford to sit and frustrate, because a draw is a good result.

I reckon Barca have enjoyed so much success that they've taken their foot off the gas at times this season. Not a conscious decision. I haven't seen much of them in la liga this season so I could well be wrong.

Barcelona are the best team in the world when it comes down "in a one off game, who would you bet on to win" ...Barcelona would be top of everyones list, well should be IMO.

I think Barca have gifted Real the title though this season, mainly down to far too much rotation in the team and lack of depth at times. if Barca have injuries, it's usually likes of Adriano, Keita, Cuenca coming in, while Real have Khediera, Kaka, Benzema etc... and also as I said, rotation. Sometimes even with players fit in big games they needed to win, he's rested important players for no particular reasons and it's cost them points.

26 league games this season;

top appearances over 20 games;

Valdes; 26

Messi; 25

Alves; 24

Abidal; 22

Xavi; 22

Busquets; 21

Fabregas; 20

Real Madrid:

Casillias; 26

Ronaldo; 26

Ozil; 25

Xabi Alonso; 25

Sergio Ramos; 24

Higuain; 24

Kaka; 22

Marcelo; 22

Benzema; 22

Pepe; 20

When you look at the appearances and also the players mentioned, can give an indication into why Barca have maybe dropped points in quite a few more games.

Barca dropped points;

Sociedad; Puyol, Pique, Abidal, Mascherano, Iniesta, Messi, Villa all not playing.

Valencia; Pique, Iniesta, Villa, Sanchez.

Sevilla; Pique, Puyol, Busquets, Pedro, Sanchez, Fabregas.

Bilbao; Puyol, Sanchez, Villa/Pedro.

Getafe; Mascherano, Puyol, Iniesta, Fabregas.

Espanyol; Played strongest team.

Villarael; Iniesta, Sanchez, Villa/Pedro.

Osasuna; Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas (all 4!)

Obviously, it's difficult to get every player into the team but Barca when they played Real Madrid played the strongest team of

Valdes

Alves Puyol Pique/Masch Abidal

Busq

Xavi Fabregas Iniesta

Sanchez Messi.

In whatever formation, either 4-3-3, 3-4-3 etc...

In most of those games mentioned and pretty much every game this season, that side has rarely ever played. The games before, he's left key midfielders out for likes of Keita, Thiago, (even Sergo Roberto)...strikers, plenty of times he left out Villa/Sanchez/Pedro for someone like Adriano.

Real Madrid players alongside those mentioned above who have played double figure games;

Arbeloa, Khedeira, Di Maria, Coentrao, Diarra, Callejon.

Barcelona players; Pique, Puyol, Adriano, Iniesta, Keita, Villa, Sanchez, Pedro, Cuenca, Mascherano, Thiago.

so whether through injuries, rotation or most likely, both. I do think Real Madrid have won the title through Barca weakening their squad in games more than anything. That's not Real Madrid's fault at all, they have done their job brilliantly and deservedly will win the title but when it comes down to it, 11 vs 11, I think Barcelona definitely have the edge over Real Madrid as proven on various occasions.

It's quite annoying because Barca won the title last year through a middle period with something like 20 wins in 21 games where during that run, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Pedro, Villa, Messi was the front 6 for at least 15/16 of them and in the other games, just a single player would come in, I.e. Mascha for Busquets or Keita for Xavi, Bojan for Pedro. Never 3/4 changes to midfield/attack like it is now. They had that consistancy which is never their now and I think that has cost them.

:shock: :shock: :shock: All that research. Do you ever sleep?

Those 4 mentioned above missing against Getafe shouldn't make too much of a difference imo.. Messi, Sanchez, Villa should all be able to score against Getafe (atleast one goal).

Barcelona had a poor away record for a while and at one point Messi had a bad patch away from home.. that's why Barcelona dropped points (aswell as rotation)

Villa nearly scored an own goal from his own half in that game

I'd wager that nearly all own goals are from a player's own half.

Villa nearly scored an own goal from his own half in that game

I'd wager that nearly all own goals are from a player's own half.

meant the opposition half. sorry was actually a terrible pass which he gave Sociedad a goal. Also recall Messi being booked for diving in that game

As said, player for player in one match, you back Barca out of the two. Madrid are like a bulldozer. Against the other 18, you back Madrid. Also agree with the point about Barca in cups, one of the most attacking ways to 'play for a draw'. :lol:

• 1 month later...
Porto

2002/03 - Portugese title, Portugese Cup, UEFA Cup

2003/04 - Portugese title, Portugese Super Cup, Champions League

Chelsea

2004/05 - Premier League, League Cup

2005/06 - Premier League, Community Shield

2006/07 - FA Cup, League Cup

Inter

2008/09 - Serie A, Italian Super Cup

2009/10 - Serie A, Italian Cup, Champions League

Madrid

2010/11 - Spanish Cup

2011/12 - Currently 1st in La Liga, in Champions League SF

Amazing record. Will be best all-time when he's finished (arguably already is).

Â