Jose Mourinho

maqroll

What English Club Will "The Special One" Manage?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. What English Club Will "The Special One" Manage?

• Chelsea
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Manchester City
    • Tottenham Hotspur
    • Arsenal
    • Other

If Harry gets sent down then I reckon he'll take over from Capello as England manager for 2 or 4 years and then take over from Fergie. If Dalglish was to stand aside then there's a chance he could be at Liverpool I suppose but they won't be in the Champs League. Spurs is probably too small a club for his ego. Either way would any of us tell our grandkids of the day they watched a Jose Mourinho team play?

No way he goes to Spurs. Levy is too powerful and respected, and Jose will want full control.

I don't think he will go to United, though it is the second most likely scenario, because I am not sure how good United will be by the time Fergie goes, nor am I sure who is actually "running things" there.

Liverpool owners too want a lot of control, so I don't think there, and they won't be in CL anytime soon.

I think Man City, if they don't win something soon, is a possibility as they seem to be name chasers and will want to win CL ASAP.

Mcleish must be able to match that record at VP surely ?

i've often wondered if someone like Mourinho could come to a club like us with the current crop of players and turn them into a top 4 side ..arguably MON came close but he did have Young ,Laursen , Milner , Barry , Carew so far far better players than the current lot

would he need £50m , £100m or could he do it with £20m ?

If I were in charge of Manchester United, Mourinho would be the man I would get in to succeed Fergie. So them.

But, If I were in charge of Man City I'd make JM an offer he couldn't refuse just to pi$$ off Utd.

• 4 weeks later...

Quite interesting actually both Inter and Chelsea fans in the past 2 days have chanted Mourinho's name.. Inter were losing 3-0 and the fans started chanting it.. Chelsea meanwhile sang it whilst 1-0 against Birmingham.

he (RM) is 10 points clear at the top of La Liga and look set to win the Liga title.. special one indeed.

If I were in charge of Manchester United, Mourinho would be the man I would get in to succeed Fergie. So them.

As SAF will be at the helm of getting the new manager in I cant see him going for Jose Mourinho purely because there's no longevity with his work - Fergie and Man Utd will want someone who could potentially be there for the long term so I cant see Mourinho being chosen, he'd be thee 3 years max.

• 2 weeks later...
José spotted househunting in London yesterday. Is there any chance he'd go back to Chelsea with Abramovich?

Or England!

I wouldnt read too much into it. It is pretty clear that Jose is an Anglophile, and with the money he has earned so far in his career having a house in London is something he can easily afford and is probably something he would do whether he was living and working here full time or not. He must feel very welcome in this country as the press and (all?) fans seem to like him as he filled a very big Brian Clough shaped hole in English football. In fact, the reports seem to imply that he sold his old house after leaving Chelsea which is something that surprises me.

Never thought of the England job, if only the FA had the cajones.

It looks like he'll be leaving Madrid. I read that only 300 Madrid fans went to the derby at Rayo. I can't understand that for a club their size. Can't see him going to Manchester and Arsenal won't sack Arsene (yet). Maybe he's patched things up with Abramovich but if Spurs get him that will be quite a coup for them.

According to Sid Lowe (Football Weekly, and if you dont listen to it you should) Mourinho had a bit of a grumble about the number of Madrid fans at the game. He also said they probably didnt get many more tickets than that because Spanish fans dont have the culture of going to away games like we do here. It's kind of understandable if you look at the bigger picture, Spain has about the same population as England, 50m, but it is spread over an area three times the size. There are some long away trips even if you are based in Madrid which is right in the middle of the country.

That said, Rayo are also based in Madrid. Their ground is barely five miles from the Bernabeu, but you go back to the thing where Spanish fans just dont have the mentality of going to away games, therefore Spanish clubs dont issue large numbers of tickets to away fans and this is probably even more true when you are a small club from Madrid with a 15,000 seater stadium and Real come to play. You can sell out the game five times over to your own fans so only 300 away tickets are issued. Even then we will never know how many Real fans snuck into the Rayo end. While "only 300" makes for an interesting headline, but when you look into it it really is a non story.

That said, Rayo are also based in Madrid. Their ground is barely five miles from the Bernabeu, but you go back to the thing where Spanish fans just dont have the mentality of going to away games, therefore Spanish clubs dont issue large numbers of tickets to away fans and this is probably even more true when you are a small club from Madrid with a 15,000 seater stadium and Real come to play

Deportivo played a CL qualifier in Dublin in 2004 and only 9 fans travelled and im sure Villarreal brought less than 30 to City this season

ONly team in Spain who bring a large away following is Sporting Gijon

Most likely is Man Citeh. I don't think Man Ure will want him after his performance at the Barca games recently - I don't like them but they aspire to some class.

Spurs could be the dark horse option?

I have a hunch (only a hunch!) that he has already been offered the England job.

Would love it, absolutely love it. He's the only non-British manager (I know I'm not British, but that's besides the point :lol: ) I would be really enthusiastic about managing the national team AND he would no doubt be a huge success as imo he's really a master psychologist who has perfected the art of dealing with the media and shifting pressure away from players while somehow simultaneously motivating them to perform. Plus he knows the English football scene inside out and is fluent in English so it wouldn't feel as out of place as say, Capello as manager with his bemusing version of English.

Get him in get him in I say.

Â