Jose Mourinho

maqroll

What English Club Will "The Special One" Manage?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. What English Club Will "The Special One" Manage?

• Chelsea
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Manchester City
    • Tottenham Hotspur
    • Arsenal
    • Other

Really interesting piece on 5Live last night about Jose and his methods as part of a wider psychology and psychometric testing discussion in football.

He gives his players a dossier and a DVD on their direct opponent before every game with an overview of what they expect that player to do eg. "loses fitness in 65th minute onwards" "more likely to play the long ball if 1-0 down" Whatever the value you place on this stuff - as a player if you see what was written happening infront of you - the confidence that must bring you is immeasurable.

The other interesting point was the first day of preseason training traditionally at Chelsea was a 10mile run. Jose's first day he gives all the players a ball and they do ball work up until lunch. Lunch comes and goes and again they are doing work with the ball - no fitness or running stuff. Terry then asked Jose what was going on because they hadn't done any running.

Jose said "I would not ask a concert pianist to run round his piano before a performance. You are footballers. We work with the ball."

Easy to see how they won the title two years running really isn't it? (Plus a shit load of Roubles obviously)

Edited by Eames

Really interesting piece on 5Live last night about Jose and his methods as part of a wider psychology and psychometric testing discussion in football.

He gives his players a dossier and a DVD on their direct opponent before every game with an overview of what they expect that player to do eg. "loses fitness in 65th minute onwards" "more likely to play the long ball if 1-0 down" Whatever the value you place on this stuff - as a player if you see what was written happening infront of you - the confidence that must bring you is immeasurable.

The other interesting point was the first day of preseason training traditionally at Chelsea was a 10mile run. Jose's first day he gives all the players a ball and they do ball work up until lunch. Lunch comes and goes and again they are doing work with the ball - no fitness or running stuff. Terry then asked Jose what was going on because they hadn't done any running.

Jose said "I would not ask a concert pianist to run round his piano before a performance. You are footballers. We work with the ball."

Easy to see how they won the title two years running really isn't it? (Plus a shit load of Roubles obviously)

Dear lord, Con would have jizzed his pants.

I thought he'd go to Man U when Fergie retires, but I'm beginning to think Fergie is incapable of retiring. Chelsea is not by any means inconceivable.

Hasn't Ferguson said he wants Marcelo Lippi to take over when he retires?

Anyways, I think Mourinho will be back in England next season, and it'll be with Man City.

Italians aren't exactly overly fond of anyone who isn't Italian!

They loved Gazza  :blink:

I want him back in England ASAP.

He'll be back, and he just might bring Ronaldo with him...

Mourinho will bury the hatchet with Uncle Roman and be back at the Bridge in the summer. New contracts for Fat Frank and Honest John with a record breaking offer for Ronaldo to come back to England.

Wenger's beign linked to Madrid again.

Although pretty sure that happens every time they're after a new manager. Can't see it myself.

Laudrup to Chelsea is also rumoured (according to Football Weekly)

i think Laudrup to Madrid be more likely than Chelsea. He is a legend there and be hard for him to turn down the monster that is Real. be Chelsea if he wants a quick paycheck

Edited by Zatman

not sure can agree with you. this is his 5th club I think and granted he hasnt had that much success his teams always play good football and he comes across with class something Mourinho has been accused of lacking. Plus his reputation should earn him instant respect from dressing room.

for me a comparison would be COnte going to Juventus similar backgrounds 

Conte is different in that Juve were no longer the super club they used to be. They were still recovering from Calciopoli and didn't even finish in the European places the previous season. Laudrup going from a few 'failures' (just going by the numbers though) and then succeeding at Swansea might not be enough to land you a mega job like Madrid.

Â