Vegetarians / Meat-Eaters

ender4

to stop the hijack of another thread:

vegetarians - they always look so sickly and unhealthy ..get some meat inside you , a bolt through the back of the neck and percy pig really wont feel a thing trust me

i really don't understand vegetarians as well.

it like they are missing out on an essential & enjoyable part of life.

food is one of the great pleasures in life, and denying yourself 90% of the range of food out there is crazy.

I really do not understand people who eat meat.

To just simply disregard and feel it's okay to end another living things life, when it's not needed for survival is completely greedy and selfish and wrong.

People always point out it's part of the food chain, If you need to eat meat to survive and you hunt it yourself then fair enough. If I was stranded on an island I would eat meat to survive, that's the food chain.

But if you just walk into Sainsburys and buy some battery farmed/factory processed meat and not even view it as something that has died for you, instead as just "food", that is just weird and I do not get that.

I'm no animal lover, but i'd rather an animal not to be slaughtered and live, instead of me eating it.

EDIT: But maybe I have a false opinion 'cos i've never tried it, so have no idea how good it tastes :P

People always point out it's part of the food chain, If you need to eat meat to survive and you hunt it yourself then fair enough. If I was stranded on an island I would eat meat to survive, that's the food chain.

But if you just walk into Sainsburys and buy some battery farmed/factory processed meat and not even view it as something that has died for you, instead as just "food", that is just weird and I do not get that.

Its just getting someone else to kill the food on your behalf.

like if i was stuck on a desert island, we would allocate one person to go hunting for all of us. Sainsburys is just taking that to its logical conclusion.

I'm a complete carnivore, my girlfriend's a vegetarian (and not one of these **** faux-veggies that eat fish or some such shit). She's not preachy at all about it, she denounces vegans as "utter fuckwits" (her words, not mine) and she doesn't try to dictate what I eat. She's even let me eat veal in front of her (though there were extenuating circumstances; the menu was Italian and we didn't realise it was veal until after I gobbled it up), and I liked it so much she said she wouldn't stop me having it again if I really wanted (though I think she'd draw the line at Ortolan Bunting :)).

As a result, I'm inclined to be more mindful around her anyway. Win-win.

I was a veggie for 17 years.

It was easy to do, I wasn't preachy (I don't think so anyway).

I found some really decent recipes and I still cook a few of them today even though I'm now a sort of 'carnivore lite' in that I will now eat cuts of meat, but still wouldn't eat a burger or any of that processed shite.

Wife was never a veggie, loves the sausage too much.

I have a friend who is a veggie and thus she has made her child a veggie as well (child is now 6) ... I just find it wrong to impose that on a child ..the child has to eat whole grain rice , bread etc and all the other hippy food ... the poor thing is poohing herself inside out all the time

said it before if i go out to dinner with veggies I make it a point of ordering steak and having it as rare as possible ..if i could get them to kill at the table then that would be even better :-)

I can understand vegetarians.

I will never be one myself, but I can understand the thoughts behind not killing an animal for food, even if I don't agree with it.

Vegetarians who eat fish. They can **** right off. I've never understood or had it explained to me why they think it's ok to eat fish and not other meat.

Also, my old boss was a vegetarian, unless he was on holiday, at which point he ate all the meat he could lay his hands on.

What's worse was he was preachy about vegetarianism. HOw the **** can you preach about that when you're only a part time veggie.

I'm a complete carnivore, my girlfriend's a vegetarian (and not one of these **** faux-veggies that eat fish or some such shit). She's not preachy at all about it, she denounces vegans as "utter fuckwits" (her words, not mine) and she doesn't try to dictate what I eat. She's even let me eat veal in front of her (though there were extenuating circumstances; the menu was Italian and we didn't realise it was veal until after I gobbled it up), and I liked it so much she said she wouldn't stop me having it again if I really wanted (though I think she'd draw the line at Ortolan Bunting :)).

Same as my GF, she even cooks it for me though I really dont mind the veggie mince and sausages in food at home though she feels it is important that I stick to my beliefs of eating meat.

My GF is curvey so the skinny argument goes out the window :lol:

I have never understood the supposed problem with eating veal you guys have over here.

It's an older animal than a sheep is when you kill them to make lamb and what's more, baby male milk cows are killed and just made into dog food because people think it is wrong to eat the meat as veal.

I could understand to people objecting to what the French do when they take a cow foetus to eat before it is born but throwing away baby milking cows is just a waste.

Â