Vegetarians / Meat-Eaters

ender4

Sometime ago, there was a "Linda McCartney" sponsored cycling team. The riders had to sign a contract agreeing not to eat meat and were provided with ample supplies of her products. They, as a team, performed pretty well in big events so I am guessing that you do not need meat to survive. Am not sure that meat digests that easily - hence endurance athletes go for pasta etc before events

As a conclusion to the "McCartney" team story; when Linda McCartney died the team had to fold and were owed wages of some £70K.

Mr McCartney didnt want to know and would not contribute !

Am not sure that meat digests that easily - hence endurance athletes go for pasta etc before events

Meat digests very easily and there's even an enzyme in your saliva to help with the digestion of meat. Athletes east pasta because it full of carbohydrates which are good for providing energy. Meat is good for building muscle and providing essential protein to the body.

Anyone who thinks its wrong for humans to eat animals is themselves wrong. Humans have eaten other animals for thousands of years, its called a food chain. To try to claim that its wrong because the animals are killed to provide us with food is nonsense. We produce meat the exact same way we product vegetables, on an industrial scale. As for the execution, well here's some news for you when you die the chances are you're going to suffer a lot more than any animal that's humanely slaughtered in a slaughter house. Also where do you draw the line, is it okay for Eskimos in the north to kill seals to live but not okay for me to eat a cow because its being reared on a farm?

What it comes down to is that some vegetarians try to take some fictional moral high ground in a failed bid to inflate their own massive ego. i.e. I'm better than you because I'm compassionate and caring and enlightened and your just a caveman chewing on the dead flesh of a poor defence less animal. Well guess what, if your ancestors hadn't eaten meat then you wouldn't be here with that over inflated sense of self-importance & an anemic look on your face because of your meat free diet. Shut up and eat some steak!

Oh and for any of the "you wouldn't eat it if you had to butcher the animal yourself" brigade, been there, done that, had the dinner. Tasty.

No, why?

Edit- to add, I would only be concerned if the bread animal had inherent genetic problems which made it suffer painful ailments.

Because the only reason they are alive at all is to be a food, without the human desire for edible animal products none of those animals would exist in the first place.

I don't eat beef, duck, or lamb. Pork very rarely.

I eat a lot of seafood and chicken.

Mmmmm beef. Mutton is good as well.

Duck I'm not a big fan of.

The way I see it - the purpose of life for humanity is to create society, technology, culture, all the abstract things we consider as uniquely human. Similarly, the purpose of life for animals is IMV to provide nutritious sustenance for humans, rather than just, you know, existing for the sake of existence. The only caveat I think is that the killing has to be quick and painless. IMO, it's wrong for humans to have to undergo excessive pain and suffering even as we pursue our ambitions and try to fulfill our purposes. The same applies for food animals.

Having said that, I've been considering vegetarianism of late due to the adverse impact excessive demand for meat has on the environment. These days I do try to limit my consumption of meat but sometimes thick juicy steaks just look.......irresistible :lol:

Whenever I get the odd craving for red meat, it's never steak that I want, but a nice juicy cheeseburger. I miss them. :cry:

So eat one then

Every time some veggie starts preaching I just keep telling them how good roast lamb, roast pork, ribeye steak, roast beef, bacon, gammon, sausages, meat pies and meat currys all taste. The more they tell me how wrong they think it is, the more I say I love meat.

I can't stand meat eaters, they're generally of low IQ, fat and smell.
I guess you're joking (it's the sort of thing carnivores routinely say about veggies), but I'll play:

I'm a meat eater, IQ about 142, educated to masters level, distance runner. I may well smell though, I'm probably not the best judge. :)

OTOH, Adolf Hitler was a teetotal veggie.

There you go, scientific proof.

:winkold:

Â