The new leader of the Labour Party

Richard

We are all having to work harder , the problem is that People think nurses and teachers have a monopoly on this ....

No they don't have a monopoly, and I mentioned that the NHS is amongst the emotive of subjects.

Greed and incompetence at the top is widespread. My previous employers died on their arse through stupidity whilst giving themselves fat payrises.

I got out, but thousands lost their jobs.

My current employers haven't covered themselves with glory, hundreds more out of work due to a large and rather obvious oversight, whilst pockets at the top were lined.

No way to run a society.

By Default You seem to be aligning bosses of companies you've worked with as the people running society and also Tory's ... Both could be true but equally both could also be false

We are all having to work harder , the problem is that People think nurses and teachers have a monopoly on this ....

No they don't have a monopoly, and I mentioned that the NHS is amongst the emotive of subjects.

Greed and incompetence at the top is widespread. My previous employers died on their arse through stupidity whilst giving themselves fat payrises.

My current employers haven't covered themselves with glory, hundreds more out of work due to a large and rather obvious oversight, whilst pockets at the top were lined.

No way to run a society.

By Default You seem to be aligning bosses of companies you've worked with as the people running society and also Tory's ... Both could be true but equally both could also be false

Like Trade Union Leaders voting Labour, and running a raffle for the miners, I'd say it's a pretty good bet. Care to offer odds  ;)

... You seem to be aligning bosses of companies you've worked with as the people running society and also Tory's ...

Well yeah, cos I know who they are.

Edited by Xann

By Default You seem to be aligning bosses of companies you've worked with as the people running society and also Tory's ...

Well yeah, cos I know who they are.

Your bosses personally told you their voting habits ?

Condescending as always I see

Really? 'As always'?

As to the content, did you read your post?

'Just saying like' after 'All those things you said about Ed are true though'...

Your lack of an intelligent reply probably means you have nothing to say so probably best you leave it there

I'm struggling to reply to this, Tony.

I can only guess that you want me to lose my temper and tell you precisely what I think of you at this moment and get disciplined appropriately by the VT bods. I shan't. :)

No way to run a society.

Like Trade Union Leaders voting Labour, and running a raffle for the miners, I'd say it's a pretty good bet. Care to offer odds ;)

Isn't the bloke that runs Sainsbury's a labour donor , Alan Sugar , Saatchi and Saatchi ... I'm sure there are more

Condescending as always I see

Really? 'As always'?

As to the content, did you read your post?

'Just saying like' after 'All those things you said about Ed are true though'...

Your lack of an intelligent reply probably means you have nothing to say so probably best you leave it there

I'm struggling to reply to this, Tony.

I can only guess that you want me to lose my temper and tell you precisely what I think of you at this moment and get disciplined appropriately by the VT bods. I shan't. :)

Errm , You deliberalty posted comments intended to try and provoke me and then accuse me of trying to provoke you ... but if words on a forum are gonna make you lose your temper is suggest you lighten up a bit

As I pointed out everything said in this thread about Ed that you objected to is true ... Where as the stereotypes of tory's is just PFE designed to boost like counts ... There is a big difference

Edited by tonyh29

Tell you what, I don't really want to get into the nitty gritty on a public website.

You want to meet at a match sometime, I'll tell who the characters in question are, I'll tell you a lovely story about Cameron and his crooked advisors (which adversely affects everyone that lives in the UK) and as a bonus I'll also tell you who the nailed on paedophile is who seems (so far) to have evaded the attentions of Yewtree

That last one is showbiz, not political btw.

No way to run a society.

Like Trade Union Leaders voting Labour, and running a raffle for the miners, I'd say it's a pretty good bet. Care to offer odds ;)

Isn't the bloke that runs Sainsbury's a labour donor , Alan Sugar , Saatchi and Saatchi ... I'm sure there are more

Sure there are a few, all credit to them for putting their beliefs ahead of their wallets. Respect for that. But in all honesty , I think it's not unreasonable to assume most if not all bosses vote Tory. We do live in a society that tends to run on tribal lines. Sad, but true.

Tell you what, I don't really want to get into the nitty gritty on a public website.

You want to meet at a match sometime, I'll tell who the characters in question are, I'll tell you a lovely story about Cameron and his crooked advisors (which adversely affects everyone that lives in the UK) and as a bonus I'll also tell you who the nailed on paedophile is who seems (so far) to have evaded the attentions of Yewtree

That last one is showbiz, not political btw.

I'll happily met up before a game , as long as discussing politics is off the agenda :) ... Though gossip on crooked advisors and celebs is fine :)

As I pointed out everything said in this thread about Ed that you objected to is true ...

So, I'll run with the first one: Ed Miliband is actually Wallace.

Is that true?

Edit:

Second one: Would he/does he struggle to tie his own shoelaces? Is that 'true'?

Edited by snowychap

No way to run a society.

Sure there are a few, all credit to them for putting their beliefs ahead of their wallets. Respect for that. But in all honesty , I think it's not unreasonable to assume most if not all bosses vote Tory. We do live in a society that tends to run on tribal lines. Sad, but true.

I suspect it's more hedging their bets than any sort of belief ... We've seen the way people like Murdoch and other businessmen switch alliegences once they see the way the wind is blowing

Errm , You deliberalty posted comments intended to try and provoke me and then accuse me of trying to provoke you ... but if words on a forum are gonna make you lose your temper is suggest you lighten up a bit

All those things you said about Ed are true though and not based around a factually untrue lazy stereotype

Just saying like

And that post was specifically in response to my post to someone else about their complaints about stereotyping and their subsequent claim about how the poor old tories were suffering because of it.

Edited by snowychap

I suspect it's more hedging their bets than any sort of belief ... We've seen the way people like Murdoch and other businessmen switch alliegences once they see the way the wind is blowing

You may be right. But that would paint our captains of industry as rather a shallow bunch. Most probably are. But I don't like to be too cynical, so I'll believe some aren't.

The rich you are referring to are about 1% of the country , Tory voters are probably around 35 to 40 % ( of people that bother to vote )

It's why stereotypes don't work ...

But people don't really vote for parties because they agree with them, they start with the idea that there are only two and then either vote for one of three things - the idea of the party and what it purports to stand for (largely outdated, especially in the case of labour), the party they find least objectionable, or the party their dad voted for.

What makes the coming election interesting is that neither major party will have more than 35% of the vote according to recent polls, which means we'll be looking at a coalition, but given the spread of votes, we're most likely looking for a three party coalition.

As a conservative voter (an assumption on my part) which other two parties would you pick?

If we ever got to the stage where populist nutter parties like the Greens and UKIP started getting dozens of seats I wouldn't be against a grand coalition between Labour and the Conservatives.

Probably wouldn't work though due to the history.

Edited by Mantis

As a conservative voter (an assumption on my part) which other two parties would you pick?

It's a good question one that is quite hard to answer , a lot seems to be pointing to the SNP holding the balance of power and clearly they won't work with the Tory party , nor I suspect would the greens and my feel is that the libs will rebel rather than enter another coalition ( assuming they have any seats !!) and could split as a result ...

It does kinda only leave the Tory party with the Ulster parties any independents and of course UKIP ( assuming they get this huge number of seats they seem to be expecting ) ...

So I'm actually wondering if a Conservative / Labour coalition would actually be the best solution ... Policy wise they aren't exactly mile apart and haven't been since New Labour , (Ed may be trying to push them more to the left but ultimately he won't and will panda to business )and both parties know they can pretty much scupper any bill they don't like so we might get to see some proper policies rather than just opposition for oppositions sake.

Of course it will never happen and I suspect ultimately it will be some form of rainbow alliance labour and the Libs and greens with the SNP propping up the party they are on target to decemate in Scotland ... SNP support could come at a huge price , maybe the English will have enough after a while and push for independence of our own and get the vote we were denied last time :)

Â