Martin O'Neill

maqroll

He's an odious little word removed that is being exposed as a manager with nothing but old hat ideas and poor in the transfer market.

I'm so glad Fletcher is injured and I hope it is a bad one as I see his goals as essentially keeping Sunderland up. If his injury is bad they could be a very good outside bet to go down.

Outside bet? They're as short as 5/2 in some places. That's hardly a good outside bet. 

I guess you're right but 5/2 is still a decent bet to take on. I've just checked and have seen 7/2 available.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

but I will never forgive him for walking out 5 days before the start of the season.

And yet we paid him millions of pounds for doing this.

Seems strange to me.

You always mention this but you fail to mention that it was settled out of court, meaning O'Neill didn't want to pursue things any further either.

If he is such a shit manager and person I am amazed that people are still so pissed off he left us. Very little objectivity regarding him

It's about how he left. The timing of it caused a lot of damage.

Sunderland run in -

Utd h

Chelsea a

Newcastle a

Everton h

Villa a

Stoke h

Southampton h

Spurs a

Can see them getting About 7 more points so 38 total which will be touch and go

but I will never forgive him for walking out 5 days before the start of the season.

Seems strange to me.

How do you know this? As far as i'm aware it was settled outside of court and that's the end of it. Either party could have backed down. What makes you think we paid him millions?

O'Neill wont be relegated, the word removed is a lucky clearing in the woods so they wont go down.

I imagine if it looks like his ego will be dented he'll just jump ship and vanish.

He got all the luck in the Norwich game and yet it finished a draw.. they were playing against 10 men for over 60 minutes and they never really troubled the keeper at all, maybe one or two shots at the most within that time.

Worrying for Sunderland fans - most if not all want him out anyway.

They look awful.

Think the problem is football has moved on - MON hasn't and it's showing.

Apparently Fletcher is out for 6 weeks too. Eeek....

Might do them a favour in all seriousness. Fletcher and Graham obviously doesnt work, with Fletcher out they will be forced to play 4-5-1 which will help them massively IMO. They look terrible playing 2 up top. 

Edited by PieFacE

I don't think they will. I don't think MON has much faith in Wickham.

I remember when MON was the villa manager and I think Carew was injured, he was forced to play 4-5-1 and we looked brilliant with Gabby up top on his own. I think he then signed Heskey and changed to 4-4-2 and it all went down hill from there. 

You always mention this but you fail to mention that it was settled out of court, meaning O'Neill didn't want to pursue things any further either.

MON took the case to court because he wanted money and he ended up getting money. Seems strange that a club having to cut costs would be happy to pay a manager for walking out 5 days before the season started.

Seems strange to me.

How do you know this? As far as i'm aware it was settled outside of court and that's the end of it. Either party could have backed down. What makes you think we paid him millions?

We paid £16 million in compensation to past managers

You don't think MoN got a chunk of this?

I have no idea to be honest. I have no idea how much it would have cost to sack Houllier and all of his staff, and McLeish and his staff. Could well be that we gave MON some, but I don't know for sure, no one does really. 

It is the nature of football. When was the last time you heard of a manager leave his job at the end of his contract?

Its like complaining that you needed to get a new exhaust and brake pads for your car in the same year. Its a billionaires plaything.

Edited by Tamuff_Villa

Â