Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

1 finger,m surely you can manage that haha

I can manage the the 1 finger.....at a push.

Whyhow many can you take? :winkold:

Well, as you will never find out, feel free to use your imagination

Anyway i have taken this slightly off tangent, so i will stop being rude. 8)

Now you've gone and done it!!!

He'll have you mentally covered in Dairylea in no time!

Been there.... done that.......

I prefer 'Laughing Cow'!

I prefer a 'Laughing Cow'!

They usually are after they see your pecker!

Anyway i have taken this slightly off tangent, so i will stop being rude. 8)

Jeez Jenny! Have you read this thread??!!! The tangent is 'rude'!!!!

Ouch!!!

:clap:

wonder_woman_xlarge.gif

So, recently split with the long-term girlfriend and I'm losing my head! Constantly looking at my phone, checking facebook... everything I possibly can do, just waiting for her to text!

I'm probably going OTT, does anybody have any advice/past experience on how to deal with this sort of thing?

So, recently split with the long-term girlfriend and I'm losing my head! Constantly looking at my phone, checking facebook... everything I possibly can do, just waiting for her to text!

I'm probably going OTT, does anybody have any advice/past experience on how to deal with this sort of thing?

That's what i was like when i split with the first proper girlfriend i had. Time will sort that out.

If i broke up with the current girlfriend i'd be exactly the same as i was then. I think time will sort that out, it's been said before, but try to keep yourself busy, get out the house, go down the pub, gym, etc.

That's what i was like when i split with the first proper girlfriend i had. Time will sort that out.

If i broke up with the current girlfriend i'd be exactly the same as i was then. I think time will sort that out, it's been said before, but try to keep yourself busy, get out the house, go down the pub, gym, etc.

This is good advice.

Just to add, as much as you may think it would be the best thing to do. Don't contact her. If she contacts you, ignore it.

You gotta move on.

In my experience, relationships that go back and forth, split and get back together tend to fail eventually anyway. It's happened once, thats enough for you to know that it wasn't right.

It's like the advice for mourning: Be not alone, be not idle.

Sitting around on your own is the path to misery. Doing heaps of stuff with mates is the path to recovery.

You could also consider following rjw's timeless advice for all situations and simply DHUTWU.

It's like the advice for mourning: Be not alone, be not idle.

Sitting around on your own is the path to misery. Doing heaps of stuff with mates is the path to recovery.

You could also consider following rjw's timeless advice for all situations and simply DHUTWU.

Matty, crackpot has just given you the best advice possible there. This forum is littered with people who have been through the same as you. Including myself.

It is a really painful time fella. My own relationship that failed was 11 years long. It will cause you to feel useless and lonely. This is normal pal. The remedy is to keep yourself busy whether it be work, friends or gym.

Now the positive thing is everyone who has been through this on this forum has come through it and moved on and met someone else who has been a 'better fit' , myself included.

So you just have to keep positive. Mourn the loss of the relationship for as long as you need to. Safe in the knowledge that things will get better. Only then will you be ready to move on.

If you need a chat pal, drop me a pm anytime!

Thanks for all the advice, fortunately got a cracking set of friends/family right behind me. But, no matter how many times you hear it... its always good to hear things again. Everyone goes through it, its almost inevitable... but when it happens to yourself its always worse than you expected.

My older brother went through it a few years back, and told me go for a run. get out for hours running/walking. he did it every day for about a month and got through it that way. i have that and also in a position to play football at least 4 times a week which is a plus.

The 'dont contact her' thing is something she has seen to anyway... deleted her facebook, changed her number which is, i suppose, what makes it worse. The thought that i didnt do anything wrong and yet she can walk away from it that easily. But, like youve all said... time will sort that out.

Cheers everyone

Â