Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

I stand by my statement that they are equally important. Anyway the advice I got from here was the same as from my friends, so thankyou all. Might be making an appearance in here more often.

I stand by my statement that they are equally important. Anyway the advice I got from here was the same as from my friends, so thankyou all. Might be making an appearance in here more often.

I agree. You do need attraction there too.

But they're not the be all and all of a relationship.

Especially as you approach the age where you might have to go to the doc to buy a bottle of mycoxafloppin.

I am not sure you could have one without the other. I think you must be attracted first then build upon it with regards to personality. I agree that in the long run personality is more important, BUT you need the attraction there in the 1st place.

Anyway Wiggy, look at you coming over all sensitive on here now you are married!!!! Personality this, personality that....remember we have all see your fit missus!!!!!!

IMO attraction is what gets you into the position to START a relationship. If you aren't physically attracted to someone then why would you say go up to her in a bar and begin a conversation?

Looks, as much as people don't like to admit, are important in the majority of relationships.

If they weren't then online dating profiles would have no profile pictures and just be all about your personality.

Now, along the way in a relationship personality probably does become more important. e.g. you've been going out for a year, you know each other pretty well, you love her for who she is and what she's like and not how she looks. She maybe puts on some weight but you don't notice and don't care. A year ago you might not have given her a second glance with how she looks now.

Badly put perhaps but it made sense at least to me.

Ok, what have you got to lose! she is seeing someone and at the moment may just be an esteem boost but should take this to the next level and say

"listen I will be straight with you, I am married and just fancy a bit of fun, I am not going to leave my wife but thats up to you if you fancy a bit of none comittal fun. In my opinion this has more chance of success than what you are going thgrough now.

She will either:

tell you to "**** off"

come clean and say "me too" and be more up for it.

I get shocked how often women come on to the men with wedding rings on

I am not sure you could have one without the other. I think you must be attracted first then build upon it with regards to personality. I agree that in the long run personality is more important, BUT you need the attraction there in the 1st place.

Anyway Wiggy, look at you coming over all sensitive on here now you are married!!!! Personality this, personality that....remember we have all seen your fit missus!!!!!!

:lol:

Thank you mate! Second thoughts, Ad's right...you dont shag a personality!

**** that.

Tits and arse is all that matters.

Are you single Stevo?

Yes :(

I was joking by the way. Obvs that's not what I think.

Although looks are a big part. And a bigger part than most people will admit, I would wager.

**** that.

Are you single Stevo?

Although looks are a big part. And a bigger part than most people will admit, I would wager.

I know mate, i think Dante summed it up well by saying that you have to be sexually attracted to someone to make a move on them in the first place.

**** that.

Are you single Stevo?

I know mate, i think Dante summed it up well by saying that you have to be sexually attracted to someone to make a move on them in the first place.

Yep, missed that post by Dante, but it's spot on.

And if in doubt,

DHUTWU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111!!!1!!1!!!11!!!!!!!!!

I get shocked how often women come on to the men with wedding rings on

Women always want what someone else has. They see it as a challenge. Fickle fillies!

They're not fickle. They just don't want to **** you. ;)

IMO attraction is what gets you into the position to START a relationship. If you aren't physically attracted to someone then why would you say go up to her in a bar and begin a conversation?

Looks, as much as people don't like to admit, are important in the majority of relationships.

If they weren't then online dating profiles would have no profile pictures and just be all about your personality.

Now, along the way in a relationship personality probably does become more important. e.g. you've been going out for a year, you know each other pretty well, you love her for who she is and what she's like and not how she looks. She maybe puts on some weight but you don't notice and don't care. A year ago you might not have given her a second glance with how she looks now.

Badly put perhaps but it made sense at least to me.

Scenario 1:

She is VERY physically attractive. You get to know her, and she is also your sort of person. Result.

Scenario 2:

She is not ESPECIALLY attractive, but certainly OK. You get to know her, and she IS your sort of person. Guess what? After a while, you look again, and decide that she IS extremely attractive. This is not a case of kidding yourself, it's a reflection of how attraction works. Again, result.

Scenario 3:

She is VERY physically attractive. You get to know her, and she is NOT your sort of person. You may have a superficial sexual relationship, but the longer you know her, the LESS attractive she starts to look. It's the other side of the Scenario 2 phenomenon.

Scenario 4:

She is not ESPECIALLY attractive, but certainly OK. You get to know her, and she is NOT your sort of person. Move on.

What I'm getting at is the fact that "looks" and "personality" are not two distinct, separate things. Our minds modify our first impressions in ways we may not even notice.

Â