Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

Leemond, just text 8pints cousin a few times a day, one saying hope you have a nice day and then one later on asking how her days gone, keep this up till she comes down to brum, have a drink, whatever happens happens. No need to send loads of texts a day. Keep it simple.

• Like 1

How about sending a few emails now and then? It is like letter writing only without the Royal Mail.

Although, people want everything immediately this day and age. If you don't respond within 5 minutes they think you're dead or being a dick. The 'I'll get around to it' approach of emailing (and letter writing) is not that popular as a result.

I try and do most correspondence via email, though. You can write it in your own time, and you can say plenty and save a draft then edit it to make sure it is just right.

Much better, really.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

Being single or being in a relationship. ..What's better??

Been in a pretty happy relationship for years but just been looking at my old Facebook messages with girls when I was single and brought back lots of memories of single life. Do miss the chase and excitement of meeting new girls. Miss all the lads holidays I had to malia, LA, etc (not possible now all mates settled). Miss my freedom alot.

However love stability of a relationship, having someone to share great moments with, a best friend and someone to do simple things like go ikea with.

Overall relationship for me is best but I'm late 20's now. Wish id stayed single for longer. Grass is always greener though whether single or relationship

I'd say if you're in a relationship but you're of the opinion it's better to be single, then there might be something wrong with that relationship ;)

Nah, I said in my post a relationship is better :-) happy in relationship but do miss single life alot.... but I remember when I was single I used to think ' I wish I was in a relationship'.

Being in a relationship has its own worries and stresses but I'd much rather work those out with someone who loves me than face things on my own. 

Being single was still ok and nothing to be ashamed of but for me personally, life is just that much more fulfilling for me with someone to share things with who I share my interests and humour with. Knowing that there is someone out there who has my best interests at heart, who loves me and wants to share their life with me, you can't beat that feeling at all. Makes you feel warm.

/ghey

Been in a pretty happy relationship for years but just been looking at my old Facebook messages with girls when I was single and brought back lots of memories of single life. Do miss the chase and excitement of meeting new girls. Miss all the lads holidays I had to malia, LA, etc (not possible now all mates settled). Miss my freedom alot.

However love stability of a relationship, having someone to share great moments with, a best friend and someone to do simple things like go ikea with.

I hear you, brother.

Today a friend asked me to fly to him in Hong Kong, stay there for a few days, and then head to Perth for Christmas followed by Sydney for NYE. I got all excited and then remembered I can't because I've got a girlfriend. It's all well and good me thinking that Christmas will be great anyway, which I believe it will, but in reality the plan my mate had was better. If I was still single then I'd have given it no second thought. Unfortunately I can only get away with one holiday per year without my missus and I've already had my quota this year :(

It's times like that when I wish for my single life again.

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

Being single was still ok and nothing to be ashamed of but for me personally, life is just that much more fulfilling for me with someone to share things with who I share my interests and humour with. Knowing that there is someone out there who has my best interests at heart, who loves me and wants to share their life with me, you can't beat that feeling at all. Makes you feel warm.

/ghey

Ghey and got no mates ;)

I hear you, brother.

Today a friend asked me to fly to him in Hong Kong, stay there for a few days, and then head to Perth for Christmas followed by Sydney for NYE. I got all excited and then remembered I can't because I've got a girlfriend. It's all well and good me thinking that Christmas will be great anyway, which I believe it will, but in reality the plan my mate had was better. If I was still single then I'd have given it no second thought. Unfortunately I can only get away with one holiday per year without my missus and I've already had my quota this year :(

I hear you, brother.

Today a friend asked me to fly to him in Hong Kong, stay there for a few days, and then head to Perth for Christmas followed by Syndey for NYE. I got all excited and then remembered I can't because I've got a girlfriend. It's all well and good me thinking that Christmas will be great anyway, which I believe it will, but in reality the plan my mate had was better. If I was still single then I'd have given it no second thought. Unfortunately I can only get away with one holiday per year without my missus and I've already had my quota this year :(

Lol count yourself lucky your allowed one lads holiday a year. Wouldn't even be allowed that. Man Ive become everything I've always hated. ..an under the thumb biatch :-)

I've had friends that got into relationships then cut all contact with friends after. Now that is pathetic but happens so often. One of my best mates I ain't seen in a year since he met the love of his life. .. who in reality is an obese, munter.

Being in a relationship has its own worries and stresses but I'd much rather work those out with someone who loves me than face things on my own. 

/ghey

You can't beat the feeling of drinking a can of red stripe whilst taking a dump with the door wide open...single life agrees with me I recon

and that was my 4000th post :D

Edited by leemond2008

Nah Steveo I think you have the wrong end of the stick, I have already told her that we should meet up when she next comes down and she has agreed but it is the whole txting thing that I can't be arsed with.

I would much rather just wait until we meet up rather than forcing myself into pointless inane text conversations.

as for the rants it would take a lot more than a sexy little blonde bird to make me happy

Dude, you've racked up 3999 posts talking to an assemblage of random miscreants on the internet, i'm sure you could spare the effort required to text a hot girl.

He should sent her one of his rants. 

we are currently conversing via txt, its really **** difficult trying to talk to someone you barely know when the last instructions you had was 'be normal, at least to start with'

I don't recon one of my rants would be considered 'normal'

It depends on the relationship and how good you are at being alone. There will always be a down side to either option. But I would love to go on "lads holidays" with my husband. Hanging out with the guys has always been more fun. Sporting events, drinking beer, checking out chicks for the single guys to hit on. FUN.  I get the single life had the perk of doing whatever you want whenever you want which is why you shouldn't just be with someone because loneliness doesn't agree with you. So it's really a case by case scenario.

:D Leemond, Brumerican still does that! (only it's Stella instead of Red Stripe) If for no other purpose than to make me sick. You gotta have fun with the relationship, keep the mystery alive.  

• Like 1

I hear you, brother.

I hear you, brother.

Today a friend asked me to fly to him in Hong Kong, stay there for a few days, and then head to Perth for Christmas followed by Syndey for NYE. I got all excited and then remembered I can't because I've got a girlfriend. It's all well and good me thinking that Christmas will be great anyway, which I believe it will, but in reality the plan my mate had was better. If I was still single then I'd have given it no second thought. Unfortunately I can only get away with one holiday per year without my missus and I've already had my quota this year :(

Lol count yourself lucky your allowed one lads holiday a year. Wouldn't even be allowed that. Man Ive become everything I've always hated. ..an under the thumb biatch :-)

I've had friends that got into relationships then cut all contact with friends after. Now that is pathetic but happens so often. One of my best mates I ain't seen in a year since he met the love of his life. .. who in reality is an obese, munter.

It's the word 'allowed' that winds me up...not you personally Donnie, but the scenario. You shouldn't have to be allowed to go away with your mates... you should just do it. I don't mean spend all your holidays with your mates but one weekend / week a year isn't too much to ask is it? Especially if you spent 2 or 3 holidays with the missus. 

If I ever got in a relationship and the other half wouldn't allow me to go away then she'd be **** off. The attitude is just spiteful. What she is saying is that she doesn't trust you! Past relationships of mine have always had that give and take, where we both spend time together on holiday but we have our own time away with our mates. You need your time with the lads.

Sorry for the passion but seen too many mates of mine have their balls removed by their overbearing other halves. 

• Like 2

Â