Trying POF again

Dante_Lockhart

Whatever happened to the old dark art of going out and pulling a bird ?

1. I fear rejection and so never chat up birds when I'm out.

2. Fear of talking to people you don't know.

I think it's easier if you meet up with someone on a 1 to 1 basis. Rather then just trying to pull someone in a club or whatever...

Well i find that anyway...

Plus, i hate clubs...

I think it's easier if you meet up with someone on a 1 to 1 basis. Rather then just trying to pull someone in a club or whatever...

Plus, i hate clubs...

Amen.

Plus, i hate clubs...

And the big thing is that you know they are looking! :winkold:

The fear of being rejected is a biggy for most except the married ones as they have nothing to lose.

My GF complained that the mostly only guys who approached her were really confident and she could tell they were married. She asked if I would have approached her if I saw her in a bar and I said no way! Yet she said that she would give a lot of guys a chance of at least a date if she was asked but the truth is I would have just admired from afar.

I think the mindset of hunting women down like apes on horseback with nets is the wrong one. I find it just happens, inexplicably, so thinking too much about it will be a tad on the self-fufilling prophecy side of things, which can be both good and bad.

Still, like many things the best relationships are the ones you just fall into.

So chill. Have some tea, maybe a twix, and don't worry about it.

I used to know a lad that went to ballroom type dancing, before strictly started, we all took the piss out of him at first until we saw the amount of women he went out with, he's now settled down with one of them.

The problem is that this kind of thing has now become common knowledge and thus Salsa classes are packed with opportunist bachelors looking for an easy 'in'.

I used to know a lad that went to ballroom type dancing, before strictly started, we all took the piss out of him at first until we saw the amount of women he went out with, he's now settled down with one of them.

The problem is that this kind of thing has now become common knowledge and thus Salsa classes are packed with opportunist bachelors looking for an easy 'in'.

Dunno I think Salsa is probably considered kind of sexy and modern whereas ballroom is old school and I doubt its as popular.

Oh dear ive just become the like Louis Spence of VT :oops:

I am telling you, GO SPEED DATING.

Cures any fear of rejection. Honestly.

And b6bloke, you're right, what is bad for me may be good for others and Dante wants someone to suit him. It's what we've all been saying in the last few pages, he should write whatever he feels because that will attract someone who likes how he thinks - which is the most important thing.

And it appears Dante attracts hotties, I can see that!

One of my best friends, who also had similar problems with approaching and meeting girls went speed dating. He is now happily married with his second child on the way. So it worked out well for him. He was going to go along to the speed dating with another of my friends, but the other friend met someone (now his wife) before the day of the event. The first guy said he almost didn't go to the event, but plucked up enough courage and told himself what is there to lose.

Agree, you don't just "fall into" a relationship via www, would the trust and respect ever really be there long term ?

Why? I think your view on internet dating is not really in line with how it really is. Respect and trust? why should they have that doubted just becasue they are on line?

Not wanting to hijack Dante's thread....but I am currently seeing a girl of POF (have been for over a month) and I have an issue.

I usually see her once during the week and once at the weekends. The weekends we usually go out on dates but during the week I usually go round to hers (we cannot go out as she has a 2 year old boy).

The weekend dates are great and we have a really good laugh an the attraction is there.

The problem I have is with seeing he mid week. It always leads to sex (which I want as much as her!!!) but I always leave feeling a little bit empty (emotionally) and a bit dirty. I have tried not to have sex when I go round but I am my own worse enemy! The next day I am a bit distant with her too. I don't mean to be it is just how I feel.

But the weekend dates are so amazing I get interested all over again.

After being with someone previously for 11 years I dont know if this is common.

Is this normal??

Â