Trying POF again

Dante_Lockhart

Been single for a year now so I've succumbed and made a profile on POF again. Last time I did this I didn't get any replies from my messages. Was kind of a blow to the old ego tbh, but I figured I'd try again.

I don't like to put an essay in my profile as I like to keep some info to one side so if I do go on a date there are plenty of questions to ask.

So, (b6bloke mainly) any pointers in getting women to message me first / reply back?

Every message I send out is unique to the profile in question so it's not like it's a generic message saying 'Hey, like your profile, message me if you wanna get to know me'.

From what I've heard from female friends who have tried the site, women don't message blokes.

They get bombarded with messages so they just choose who they reply to.

It also means you have to make your message stand out big time!

From my brief time on there (went on to see what it was like) it's full of **** weirdos, not just weird blokes, weird women too.

Any hot girl is impossible to get replies from.

The best success I got was to make my profile say very little of the usual stuff like my interests etc

I just made it funny, and made me sound like a bit of a dick.

Remember, unless you're blessed with amazing looks, your profile needs to be different. Avoid the usual "Oh I'm just a normal bloke..." what girl will be impressed by that?

Ok Dante...

1. Don't send out generic 'copy & paste' messages to girls - ALWAYS relate to something in their profile. Girls can smell those messages a mile off and they won't reply. Make your message feel personal.

2. Do not post any of the pictures I have seen of you on this forum.

3. Don't write your life story in your profile. Honestly, women want to do all / most of the talking and they want to know you are a good listener.

4. Do NOT initiate sexual conversation. Women think that men have nothing but that on the brain at the best of times, prove her wrong and it will pay you back ten fold.

5. Don't lie. If you think something about you isn't the best it can currently be (job, living situation, etc) then up-sell the things about you that are, focus on the positive.

6. Know that girls will subtract three inches from your height, double your weight, halve your income and add at least 2 years to your age - out of suspicion. So don't rely on what your mother gave you. Show your personality. (Umm, but not too much...)

7. Don't behave like a kid in a sweet shop. If you've met a nice, down to earth girl and you're having a good time dating her then don't log back on the next chance you get to flirt with other girls. Give her a real chance and your full attention or she will sense you are not 100% interested, move on and you'll be left wondering what went wrong.

8. Take the dating attitude of - even if there is no spark / chemistry, we'll still have a good time and maybe become friends. I've had some cracking nights out on dates when it was clear there was no dating connection. Don't ruin your night, make the most of it!

9. Don't open the ex files on the first date unless asked!

10. If you are interested after a great first date, send her a text when you get home. Not the day after. Ignore the cool as cucumber rubbish, girls love an after date text.

And 11. Don't take any dating advice from anyone on this forum who has a penis.

Dante,

When I was on there I found that most women are looking for someone who will make them laugh.

Although most of them use it as a throwaway line there are alot of women on there that don't.

My messages just used to consist of a joke (most of which were robbed from the Villatalk joke thread). My message was just the joke with a line underneath...."if I made you laugh, lets chat". Nothing else on the message

That seemed to work pretty well. I have been seeing a girl for a month. She is really cool.

Another mate has had a good few dates on eharmony. Pricey, but you dont get the crazies like on POF.

Hope that helps.

Ok Dante...

1. Don't send out generic 'copy & paste' messages to girls - ALWAYS relate to something in their profile. Girls can smell those messages a mile off and they won't reply. Make your message feel personal.

3. Don't write your life story in your profile. Honestly, women want to do all / most of the talking and they want to know you are a good listener.

4. Do NOT initiate sexual conversation. Women think that men have nothing but that on the brain at the best of times, prove her wrong and it will pay you back ten fold.

5. Don't lie. If you think something about you isn't the best it can currently be (job, living situation, etc) then up-sell the things about you that are, focus on the positive.

6. Know that girls will subtract three inches from your height, double your weight, halve your income and add at least 2 years to your age - out of suspicion. So don't rely on what your mother gave you. Show your personality. (Umm, but not too much...)

7. Don't behave like a kid in a sweet shop. If you've met a nice, down to earth girl and you're having a good time dating her then don't log back on the next chance you get to flirt with other girls. Give her a real chance and your full attention or she will sense you are not 100% interested, move on and you'll be left wondering what went wrong.

8. Take the dating attitude of - even if there is no spark / chemistry, we'll still have a good time and maybe become friends. I've had some cracking nights out on dates when it was clear there was no dating connection. Don't ruin your night, make the most of it!

10. If you are interested after a great first date, send her a text when you get home. Not the day after. Ignore the cool as cucumber rubbish, girls love an after date text.

Nonsense Laura :P

Dante...... All you need to do..... cock pic. Pouty photo. Message explaining in intimate detail where, when and how you will be smashing her back doors in.

Then sit back and bask in the attention.

Yeah I do that. Just struggle to put an 'eye catching subject title' really. I suppose that's what really gets them to open the mail in the first place.

But... but.... :cry:

My profile won't be an essay. Just a few likes/dislikes and that to be honest. Don't wanna give everything away.

I'm quite good like that. I'm not some horn dog with sex on the brain.

Agreed. No point in lying to get a date as it can bite you in the ass.

I have tonnes of personality!! Really. I do. On Wednesdays.

Also agreed. I don't like talking to more than 1 girl at a time anyway. I feel.. icky doing that. It's not cheating, but my moral compass tells me it is.

I always go into the date thinking like this. Even if there is no spark, like you say, there's no point in letting it ruin your evening.

I try to never talk about my ex to anyone I'm dating. If they ask then fair enough but I won't go into detail.

I'm crap at 'playing it cool' anyway so I pretty much do this most of the time.

Affirmative.

I live with 2 other girls, all of us have been single, all of us have used internet dating websites. I've seen it all. Yes, that too.

Wouldn't rule out using it again, I've had far more traumatic experiences meeting people on a night out.

Dante, you have the right attitude, you'll be fine. :thumb:

Oh and if you want a really fun dating experience, do speed dating. The girls and I did it as a laugh, had a brilliant night. I didn't date anyone from it as I wasn't really looking at the time, but it's surprisingly fun.

I live with 2 other girls, all of us have been single, all of us have used internet dating websites. I've seen it all. Yes, that too.

Wouldn't rule out using it again, I've had far more traumatic experiences meeting people on a night out.

Dante, you have the right attitude, you'll be fine. :thumb:

Oh and if you want a really fun dating experience, do speed dating. The girls and I did it as a laugh, had a brilliant night. I didn't date anyone from it as I wasn't really looking at the time, but it's surprisingly fun.

Dante...speed dating?!!??

Everything he does with women is done at speed!!!

Â