plans for the weeeeekend

leemond2008

First weekend I've had in a while where I can truly just chill out.  Lots of stuff on work wise (had to give a really important presentation yesterday which went A-OK! Had really good feedback sent to my boss who said he will pass it up the chain of management. I've been worrying about it for aaaaaages!)

Oh and for the first time in months, I can enjoy the weekend doing the usual things, you know, having a beer with mates, maybe watch a movie, maybe grab a bargain, without worrying about "ooohhhh, can I afford it?".  That feels bloody spectacular. 

Edited by trekka
  • Like 1

I am craving a weekend when I am just left the **** alone, it seems every single week it is someone's wedding, I am house sitting for me mom n dad, I have to go out for a meal for me dads birthday or me mate wants to go on the piss etc etc

I just want to get home from work on a Friday afternoon and not have to speak to anyone until Monday morning

• Like 1

It's my birthday tomorrow and I'm seeing Kasabian in Leicester. Hope it's a good 'un!

Ain't kasabian from leicester? Bit of a homecoming gig is it?

And did I hear right that the lead singer ran his dad over when he asked him to release the hand brake and instead he put his foot on the accelerator or something like that?

It's my birthday tomorrow and I'm seeing Kasabian in Leicester. Hope it's a good 'un!

Ain't kasabian from leicester? Bit of a homecoming gig is it?

And did I hear right that the lead singer ran his dad over when he asked him to release the hand brake and instead he put his foot on the accelerator or something like that?

Yeah it's a homecoming gig at Victoria Park. I saw them last year at Hard Rock Calling and they were incredible.  

And yes, very bizarre! :blink:  http://www.nme.com/news/kasabian/78020

Seeing my parents today, this should be in the things that piss you off thread, but they live abroad and this suits me fine, I am going to see them in a couple of weeks as I never visit them apparently, this is true, but then they come over here and expect me to go see them. So yes, going to see them today. 

Off to Malta for the weekend

Followed by Athens

followed by Albania

Followed by Iran

Followed by Azerbaijan

Not all in the same weekend though, got 2 weeks

Really really looking forward to Iran , people look at me like in crazy when I say in going and then add " why on earth are you going there " like im going to be shot and then eaten alive or something ...guess these are the un-enlightened times we live in

• Like 1

Feel free not to answer my question tonyh29, but how come your able to do all this travelling. Does your job enable you to?

I utilise weekends Easter , Christmas and bank holidays for a lot of trips so don't always miss a lot of work time

But also a lot of my trips involve downtime at airports where I'll work on quotes and respond to emails so clients don't always realise I've even gone away ... I've got a 4 hour lay over in Istanbul before I head to Iran for example so I'll head into the lounge have a beer and hook onto the wifi

Tbh I don't mind it ,id rather do that than come home to 400 emails and not know what is going on

Iran is a really beautiful country, judging by the internet... I would love to go one day, I also want to go the Palestine.

I could pretty much see it from Jordan when I went but poor planning * on my behalf meant I didn't realise how close it was ... It was only when I picked up a Palestinian. Phone network that I realised how close I was ... But I'll head there and Israel at some point in the coming year(a)

* Tbh I'm not sure if you can enter directly from Jordan anyway so it may have been that reason rather than my lack of planning

• Like 1

Feel free not to answer my question tonyh29, but how come your able to do all this travelling. Does your job enable you to?

I utilise weekends Easter , Christmas and bank holidays for a lot of trips so don't always miss a lot of work time

But also a lot of my trips involve downtime at airports where I'll work on quotes and respond to emails so clients don't always realise I've even gone away ... I've got a 4 hour lay over in Istanbul before I head to Iran for example so I'll head into the lounge have a beer and hook onto the wifi

Tbh I don't mind it ,id rather do that than come home to 400 emails and not know what is going on

awesome, seems like you live a very interesting life,and a fun one at that.

Followed by Athens

followed by Albania

Followed by Iran

Followed by Azerbaijan

Really really looking forward to Iran , people look at me like in crazy when I say in going and then add " why on earth are you going there " like im going to be shot and then eaten alive or something ...guess these are the un-enlightened times we live in

Have fun Tony! 

preparing for the final barbeque in the house I'm moving out of. It's going to be good. Marinading the souvlaki yesterday, getting all the salads and sauces done this morning ( a lovely olive / onion / mustard / dill / mayo for starters ) and more importantly lining up the choice of reds and beers. tomorrow I will be aiming to work this off in a tennis match. :wacko:

Followed by Athens

followed by Albania

Followed by Iran

Followed by Azerbaijan

Have fun Tony!

Nearly crashed the car looking at bikini clad girls as I arrived in St Julian ... Car safely tucked away in bed now while I have a beer , sight seeing starts tomorrow when my mate arrives
  • Like 2

Had a heavy one last night with some unbelievable pints of Guinness in one of Dublins best Guinness pubs - the Gravediggers. Nicest pints I've tasted in a while. Heading to a charity gig down in the hometown tonight. Handy weekend

im going to be shot and then eaten alive or something 

You should tell them, there are places you can go in every country in the world, where a person can have those things happen to them, if they're in to that.

Â