Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

Watch the replay and notice that the lineman doesn't start flagging until around 5 seconds after the imaginary stamp, during which time there was no appeal from Ollson, so essentially the linesman doesn't know WHAT the hell he was flagging for or why. Should be an easy one to appeal at least.

1558: Just a bit more on the red card/West Brom penalty at Villa Park. It was the linesman Darren Caan - who was assistant ref in the 2010 World Cup final - who gave it. Chris Herd and Jonas Olsson had a tussle as Chris Brunt prepared to take his free-kick, and Phil Dowd had a word with Herd then. Seems he marked his card even before anything actually happened. And, crucially for me, Olsson did not complain one bit when they tangled in the area, although he did celebrate when the penalty was given. Got all that? From BBC

This was the incident that led to the card, no the one that followed on the edge of the box -

11qpbvo.png

The flagging from the linesman happened some time after that and the foul was by Olson on Herd they both got up and moved on, maybe 10 seconds later when Dunne went for the header, the linesman flagged.

Again its really not Dowd's fault, the linesman should be dropped to non-leagues because that is one of the worst decisions i have ever seen.

But it's the ref who makes the decision and has to justify it in his match report. In my book, if Villa appeal successfully against the red card, Dowd should spend a few games in the lower divisions because it waas him who wielded the red card.

Lower league teams have it hard enough as it is, unfair to have him officiating their games.

The flagging from the linesman happened some time after that and the foul was by Olson on Herd they both got up and moved on, maybe 10 seconds later when Dunne went for the header, the linesman flagged.

He flagged straight away here. I promise you'll see it later and the linesman called it immediately.

Herd knew it. He walked straight off.

It might be worth taking Bent off for Albrighton and stick Gabby up front and just commit to trying to hit them with pace. Though Albrighton will prolly give away a cheap free kick that leads to a goal.

Guys, seriously, Herd kicked him about 10 seconds before the edge of the box incident. You'll see it clearly later. It was stupid retaliation.

He didn't even make contact, it looked on a zoomed reply he wasn't even looking at Olsson. I can't see how the linesman made the call, there was literally nothing in there. A tangle at best.