Things you do to piss people off

mjmooney

In before Rob...

Trying to put it up the wrong'un!

If that pisses her off you married the wrong 'un! :-)

I piss people off pretty easily just by being happy...seems to work a treat strangely

I used to know someone who pissed bowlers right off when he batted. He used to be very strong off his legs, so any ball which was too straight and on his pads he used to just flick it away into the leg side and go 'Thannnnnnkyou' right as he hit it.

If he played a nice cover drive or something or really gave it a whack he'd often say something like 'Oh! Got a hold of that one!'. He was a cheeky little bastard, really used to get on bowlers nerves but it worked, he got them wound up and they often used to end up trying to hard and bowling bad balls or wides at him as a result.

Is Sledging officially illegal in the game then Kidlewis? or is it just swearing that's disallowed?

sledging isn't illegal or swearing (unless mega bad).

my friend played in the birmingham league which for sport is about as friendly as dressing up as a nazi and walking into a barmitsva knocking one out.

generally speaking it's things like

"knock is F**king head off"

"cheating C***T"

"this guy is S***T etc".

all very predictable and poor sledging.

my friend dropped a catch in front of the opposition at mosely a few years ago, impeded by the fact they were saying "drop it, drop it, drop it" as the skier was coming down. he dropped it and they laughed.

few overs later the same thing happens to which he catches it, turns around, drops the ball at his feets and puts his hands to his ears (a la premiership footballer).

great response.

greatest sledge I have ever heard was a batsman who was on the receiving end of constant short balls and he was pulling the bowler for 6's and 4's.

he walks down the pitch gardening the pitch and as the bowler gets near he says

"I've come here to play cricket not tennis

why not try pitching the ball up you might have a chance then"

next ball the bowler comes in a bowls a nice delivery on off stump to which the batsman smashes the ball straight out the ground over long off

"that's much better" says the batsman. :D

greatest sledge I have ever heard was a batsman who was on the receiving end of constant short balls and he was pulling the bowler for 6's and 4's.

next ball the bowler comes in a bowls a nice delivery on off stump to which the batsman smashes the ball straight out the ground over long off

"that's much better" says the batsman. Very Happy

:lol:

Reminds me of my brother. He was playing at a ground in Litchborough. It's a tiny boundary and a concrete wicket, and they kept on pitching the ball short to him. He was just playing one shot; hook for 6, which for someone of his ability was about as difficult to do as putting on a hat.

He retired at 151 because he was fed up of playing the same shot, and in the score book he was officially recorded as 'Retired Embarassed'.

"that's much better" says the batsman. Very Happy

:lol:

Reminds me of my brother. He was playing at a ground in Litchborough. It's a tiny boundary and a concrete wicket, and they kept on pitching the ball short to him. He was just playing one shot; hook for 6, which for someone of his ability was about as difficult to do as putting on a hat.

He retired at 151 because he was fed up of playing the same shot, and in the score book he was officially recorded as 'Retired Embarassed'.

it's the most satisfying feeling not just hitting someone for a 4 or 6 but knowing it's fully annoyed them too.

played at a ground called temple grafton about 3 years ago. went in at 3 and their captain was at cover. Kept hitting the ball to him and couldn't find the gap.

"hey lads this guy bats 3 and can't get it off the square" he says.

brings himself on about 5 overs later and I hit him for 20, losing a ball in the wheat field at long on.

"looks like you can't keep it in your ground" I said at the end of the over.

best.....feeling......ever

I don't think I ever connected bat with ball successfully, let alone scored a run, despite all those years of school cricket.

Which reminds me off something I did to piss people off - stand at the boundary, and watch the "skier" coming down towards me, with all my teammates shouting "Catch! Catch!" - and step neatly to one side to avoid it.

How I **** detested cricket.

I don't think I ever connected bat with ball successfully, let alone scored a run, despite all those years of school cricket.

Which reminds me off something I did to piss people off - stand at the boundary, and watch the "skier" coming down towards me, with all my teammates shouting "Catch! Catch!" - and step neatly to one side to avoid it.

generally as a kid you end up hating sports you aren't good at.

Rugby (too small)

Tennis (beyond rubbish)

Swimming (why can't we be playing football)

Hockey (was good at it but always had the feeling some kid was one ball, stick away from a horriffic injury, which generally happened twice a year).

generally as a kid you end up hating sports you aren't good at.

Rugby (too small)

Tennis (beyond rubbish)

Swimming (why can't we be playing football)

Hockey (was good at it but always had the feeling some kid was one ball, stick away from a horriffic injury, which generally happened twice a year).

I was unimaginably crap at all sports (including running).

Only started to enjoy participating in sport after I left school.

I was crap at most sports, except badminton, which I played at county level. Because of this sole ability, I was placed in with the elite for all sports, which meant rugby was basically an opportunity for the bigger kids to hand my ass back to me on a plate.

In reply to the orig question:

Take threads wildly off topic.

Sticking my finger (not cock) in my wifes mouth mid yawn.

Sending stupid texts to my mates house phones.

Sometimes when I know a mate is going to call I put my phone on divert back to their mobile so they leave themselves a message.

standing still when I've just stepped off the bottom of an escalator.

stopping in shop doorways to check something in my bag.

not getting my purse out of my bag until after I'm asked for money for the thing I'm perfectly aware I was purchasing.

ooh, my mistake, those are all elderly female traits.

mine is leaving washing in a heap on the floor right next to the washing basket

she goes menthol!

None of you do team killing on call of duty then? Thats wht I do. Love it!

Keep flash banging them over and over again with "one man army" then RPG them or knife them. They usually threaten to hack me at that point "cos theyve got my IP address" thats when I ask them if they could tell me my IP address because I need it for some work.

Also had lots of angry manc and scots threaten to hunt me down and petrol bomb my house. Classic.

I was having a bit of a mare bowling once, and was leaking runs.Batsman racking ‘em up, giving me that. After a while he taunts me to change my style, tells me “you'd have more chance trying some fast bowling than the shit spin you’re serving me”…. So 4 balls later I decide I might like a fast bowl. You could see him laughing as I pitched up.... Straight through the gate. He stands there stunned. I say gleefully “That more to your style? **** off to the pavilion you clearing in the woods.” :D

Nothing better than removing a cocky batsman after he's giving it the bigg'n!

Also marking someone in football. I'm a dogged right back who likes a wander up the pitch. I'm not talented, but i will follow my mark around the pitch if needs be. nothing better than marking someone so determinedly they throw a strop, lash out at you and get booked.

I once played village cricket against a team containing Dr. George Carey (ex-Archbishop of Canterbury although he was still at the time). Not being especially religious I gave him a couple of short balls to think about, before completely accidentally launching a beamer right at him which he manfully took in the chest.

The local vicar (also my team captain) was far from pleased and whipped me off at the end of the over and essentially blackballed me from the village team. So I suppose I pissed off God, and an entire religious denomination.

Â