Xbox One

hogso

I've had an Xbox since the 360 was released but it looks like I'm going to cancel my pre-order and convert to the PS4. I have no loyalty or care towards either console, it just looks like the PS4 is the better console this time around.

I do cringe at the people arguing for either console. It's like they're promoting them without getting paid :lol:

I've heard COD looks horrendous on both. Doesn't look next gen at all.

The videos i've seen look just like current-gen. 

Infinity Ward have pretty much come out and said that the people who play COD are very casual gamers who have found a formula they like and will keep buying it, so IW will keep making it. 

I don't know how people can look at COD and BF with next-gen eyes and see COD as the better game to play. Surely this is Battlefield's time to become tog dog of the FPS genre?

They will take a bigger market share but cod is very easy on the "eyes" for younger kids and people who are not that into games. That market is very big. I have some friends and I told them this but they give me a look like I am trying to be a know it all or something like that. It`s quite funny.

And no, I still don`t think Cod on xbox one will be under 1080p. I know the developers are shit but that is a stretch, like embarrassing is not good enough to explain it 

Infinity Ward have pretty much come out and said that the people who play COD are very casual gamers who have found a formula they like and will keep buying it, so IW will keep making it. 

I don't know how people can look at COD and BF with next-gen eyes and see COD as the better game to play. Surely this is Battlefield's time to become tog dog of the FPS genre?

Because the way BF plays is pretty awful, people will always go to COD.

Really?

On the 360 yeah. It played at 30FPS. On Xbone it will play at 60FPS and will be just as smooth as COD.

I think that's too much of a generalization to say people will always go to COD. I think there's a massive difference this time around in terms of CoD and BF. While I don't think that BF4 will overtake it right now, getting to be the first one out of the gate in the next gen is worth a lot. It's likely to have the CoD4 effect.

People will only take crap for so long.

While I don't think that BF4 will overtake it right now, getting to be the first one out of the gate in the next gen is worth a lot. It's likely to have the CoD4 effect.

they're both launch day titles though...

Really?

On the 360 yeah. It played at 30FPS. On Xbone it will play at 60FPS and will be just as smooth as COD.

I said the way it played. The controls and movement are very clunky, it's a game I can't get into at all. I tried 2, then 3, just not for me at all.

The one game that I'd like to have that the XBO has is Titanfall. I hope the rumours of it coming out on the PS4 are true. I suppose I could just get it on the 360 if I really wanted to play it.

Then again, isn't it made by the old CoD people? Maybe it wouldn't be my cup of tea..

I'm keeping my pre-order, have you seen how many desperate people there are on eBay?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251365920171&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

That's with 3 hours left of the auction, and 1 month before release. I could get my PS4 half paid for with the profits I make! They're only gonna get more desperate the closer it gets too.

Edited by villarule123

Really?

I said the way it played. The controls and movement are very clunky, it's a game I can't get into at all. I tried 2, then 3, just not for me at all.

The infantry gameplay in BF4 struck me as noticeably better. It's incredibly smooth now and everything flows from action to action.

Edited by Sie

xbonelel23o7w.jpg

Enjoy that 'next gen' tech. :)

Titanfall is also strongly rumored to be running at 720p.

The thing is that the developers haven't been able to enjoy the 'next gen' tech either.  They probably didn't get final hardware until they were almost finished making their games, it happens every time there is jump in console generations and it's one of the main reasons launch titles look gash compared to the second or third wave of software released. 

I think BF's chance has come at a time when that style of FPS is on the decline in general, people want more than just various levels to shoot things on these days.

They'll still be big releases, but nothing like the all conquering titles they were.

Lots of rumours coming out now that the Xbox One isn't really in much of a good way at all at the minute. Xbox Live is meant to be horrible and very unstable, things like the Snap feature causing games to crash a lot, and the ESRAM is bottlenecking it. Pretty much, it's just not ready. Also, BF4 apparently looks a lot better on PS4 than Xbox. Kinda wish I didn't cancel my PS4 pre-order now. Xbox seems to be a bit of a mess.

Edited by PieFacE

Pieface, if you still want a PS4 then I suggest selling your pre-order on eBay, they're already going for £550 and it's still a month until release. You could use the profit you make to buy an overpriced PS4. I'm sure I saw that there's more PS4s built than people anticipated.

Or you could just sell it now, make profit, then buy the XBO when it's fixed and maybe even cheaper.

Pieface, if you still want a PS4 then I suggest selling your pre-order on eBay, they're already going for £550 and it's still a month until release. You could use the profit you make to buy an overpriced PS4. I'm sure I saw that there's more PS4s built than people anticipated.

Or you could just sell it now, make profit, then buy the XBO when it's fixed and maybe even cheaper.

Good idea! I can't believe they're going for £550+ on Ebay! That's crazy!!! 

Â