Xbox One

hogso

No GTA5 on launch then, or am I misunderstanding that list?

There's been no confirmation at all of an XBONE/PS4 release for GTAV. PC seems to have been confirmed recently, but no 'next gen' consoles. Could change...could not. We don't rightly know.

Been reading some hands-on previews of Kinect and Titanfall this lunch. The main thing to take from Kinect seems to be, quite simply - it actually works. The previewer said in the one I read, having held a measure of disdain for it, given how it performed (or didnt) on 360, "I can barely believe I’m actually saying this but I now want to see Capcom release a version of Street Fighter solely for Kinect".

The Titanfall preview was good, although it was mentioned that, despite actually running on PC, it didn't look anything special, and although the novelty was pretty fantastic at the time, there were some concerns about longevity and variety in the full game.

I honestly don't think I could take anyone in the games industry seriously who said they would like to see a Kinect version of Street Fighter.

It's one of the most brainless gaming comments I've ever seen.

• Like 2

The Xbox has an HDMI input and output. So I assume instead of plugging your Sky box into the TV, it will go straight into the back of the xbox instead and it will pass the signal through.

I'm a little suspicious with how well this is going to work with Sky boxes. There's so many different Sky boxes with so many different software versions it may be that only 1 sky box will be compatible. And no doubt Sky would want £200 for it.

That's just guessing.... will be interesting to hear more on it. 

Won't sky just stream via the net like it does on 360?

I think the option will be there. But there's no way that Sky Go could function in the same way Microsoft were showcasing the TV functionality at E3.

Plus, half the channels are missing on SkyGo and the quality isn't really that good. 

Edited by PieFacE

It has HDMI-in though, so surely it's for satellite boxes? 

Yeah I'd assume so, although not confirmed for the UK yet the rumour is indeed that Sky will partner up with Xbox for some sort of UK XONE/TV service.

Why would anyone run Sky through their Xbox? Seems a bit pointless to me and like Microsoft are just using another gimmick in an attempt to sell their failure of a console (much like adding Fifa for free).

Why would anyone run Sky through their Xbox? Seems a bit pointless to me and like Microsoft are just using another gimmick in an attempt to sell their failure of a console (much like adding Fifa for free).

Because the idea of the Xbox One is that you no longer need to change channels or use other devices. The Xbox is trying to be the ultimate media device. 

The Sky idea isn't some gimmick which they've announced because it's failing, it's part of the reason why it's failing. 

Edited by PieFacE

http://mobile.theverge.com/2013/8/21/4643746/microsoft-previews-xbox-one-dashboard-gamescom-2013'>Xbox One can control Home Theater too

http://mobile.theverge.com/2013/8/21/4643746/microsoft-previews-xbox-one-dashboard-gamescom-2013

This is good news for me, pretty much will make my Harmony remote useless.

Edited by PieFacE

cock on the block - you're shitting yourself if you think sky will allow xbone full access to your sky account, this "one box" under your tv thing they are pushing for, absolutely no chance sky would have that, and if you've got your xbone sat under there next to your sky box then the fact that you can link the 2 and watch sky through your xbone is utterly pointless and will send your electric bill through the roof

it'll be sky go again at best, which same as it is this gen is only worth it if you have your xbox in a different room

to me the whole tv and 1 box thing is a gimmick for people too lazy to cope with having more than one remote, being able to change from gaming to tv with a press of the xbone controller isn't a reason to buy a £400 console, I can do it already by pressing the av button on my tv remote...

Â