Republic of Ireland

Voinjama

Hopefully Paul Mc'****'Shane will get nowhere near the pitch and, if he does, let's hope he can limit the damage.

I do think people need to accept that Trap has given himself licence to do whatever the hell he wants given what he has achieved for us. If he does something that someone doesn't like, then his tenure here has shown that it's probably him; and not them; that knows what he's doing. Something tells me Foley is not going to be the difference between us achieving and not achieving :)

What's so "disgraceful" about Trap dropping Foley? Ruthless yes, disgraceful no. too many people too quick to jump on the old man for every perceived mistake.

im usually always backing and defending Trap but to call somebody up and then drop him for another player is just poor form

Something tells me Foley is not going to be the difference between us achieving and not achieving

though im sure McShame will have a say in that :(

Can't wait to watch the Ireland boys, loved it in 2002. McCarthy's expression when big Niall got up to knock it down to Keane will live long in the memory.

Trap strength could be his weakness, I like that he'd got a settled side but Long really should be in ahead of Doyle and I don't think he will be.

Long will play plenty. I'm more worried by Keane's ability to play 3 games in 7 days. It might mean he's not ready for the knockout stages 8)

That's a shame. But Westwood is a very talented keeper. He obviously has no experience at that level which can haunt keepers (cough Green and Carson cough) but I'd back him to put in a decent shift if he has to step up.

The Given rumours go both ways. Some saying he'll be fine. Westwood is good but he's no Given. We'll just have to wait and see.

• 2 months later...

The end of an era. I dont think Ireland will be qualifying for Brazil 2014 now. This is a shame because their fans are amazing. Germany and Sweden from group C. The current crop of players are not good enough.

Â