Republic of Ireland

Voinjama

Steven Ireland wants play for Ireland again. But he thinks it will be disrepectful if he goes into Euro 2012 and takes someones place who helped them qualify. I think if he does really want to play for Ireland again, he should be part of the qualifiers and help them get to Brazil 14 but not the Euros.

also Liam Lawrence who isnt a squad regular(played about twice in qualifying) is complaining to FAI about qualification bonuses. what a clearing in the woods

He probably needs the cash. Not getting paid at Pompey.

Would be good if true. Nice having the likes of McClean, Ireland, McCarthy, Clark etc. Waiting in line to step up into the first XI for the 2014 WCQ campaign.

am sure I heard Jamie O'Hara will be available after the World Cup as well

Would be good if true. Nice having the likes of McClean, Ireland, McCarthy, Clark etc. Waiting in line to step up into the first XI for the 2014 WCQ campaign.

am sure I heard Jamie O'Hara will be available after the World Cup as well

Fawk Jamie O' Hara, his time to declare for the green has come and gone. Besides, there's bound to be more younger and better prospects coming through from the North or Scotland who'll want to play for us instead. :D

Strong starting line uptonite, should be good.

Trap is using these games to maintain momentum against decent opposition and keep his 1st team as a coherent unit, rather than as an opportunity to experiment with youth. We all know what his first 11 is going to be this summer so there's little point messing with it. Whether that's right or wrong, that's just the way it is. He's not a risk taker but he has earned the right to do (or not do) whatever he wants because he has us in a major competition. Something we've yearned for for too long.

They are better than Croatia....

And Italy, who haven't beaten IRE in ages! EC Q/F here we come :thumb:

No. Italy are not the giants of football that they once were, but they still have a better team than Ireland. Not many Ireland players would get in the Italy team. I just cannot wait to see the emerald green take over Warsaw.

No. Italy are not the giants of football that they once were, but they still have a better team than Ireland

but we were within minutes of beating them in last campaign and our B team gave them a beating in Belgium in the summer

No. Italy are not the giants of football that they once were, but they still have a better team than Ireland

but we were within minutes of beating them in last campaign and our B team gave them a beating in Belgium in the summer

That last campaign was 2009, we are now in 2012. Look how good Villa were in 2009, challenging Arsenal for 4th place. Italy were impressive in their qualifying campaign and have many good young hungry players coming through. I predict they will be 2nd in the group.

And because a team beats someone else in a one off game, it does not mean they are better.

Â