The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Well done to the club for acting so quickly. Despite the protestations of McLeish he knew, as we did, he was a dead man walking. Finally too, some of the media is waking up to the fact that it was never about where he came from but everything about the results which were simply not good enough. In truth they were totally unacceptable and I am pleased that RL effectively said that.

I don't feel remotely sorry for McLeish. He is walking away with as much as £6m for 11 months work. I suspect he will never get a job in the PL again unless he can bring a Championship club up and I think that is justice for the way he has performed.

Where he finally lost me was his total refusal to accept responsibility for the poor performances. I would agree that some of the players have not delivered but that was dwarfed by the inept tactics, the lack of a Plan B or any other plan for that matter and the utter dross we have been 'treated' to.

The key now is the next appointment......over to you Randy.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The latter Bent was more worried about his euro spot than sitting on the bench for us in a relegation battle.
You keep saying this, where you getting this from? :?

from the fact that Bent has declared himself a week away from full fitness, yet he hasnt been on the bench. Mcleish said he has asked him about playing and he said he wasnt ready.

If you're a week away and committed to the cause, you would risk 20 minutes in a crucial game.

it has enraged me. :evil:

Yes, but Bent himself said he was never asked. I think I know who I trust more.

I guess for me its not just about who i believe. The fact that I think he could have made himself available and hasnt is enough. He would rarely celebrate with others, even went shopping rather than support the team.

At the end of the day he left sunderland when we were below them for nothing other than money (IMO). Ive made my mind up about him along time ago, if hes still here next season and puts in a bit more effort I may change my mind.

He is not walking away with £6m

He'll be getting very little pay off if any

He should get £0.

He has failed.

If I failed in my job as he has in his then I would get the sack and **** all compensation.

No reward for failure.

Surely PF had his arse kicked by RL.

I am still astounded how PF tapped up AM, got him to resign, got caught out by BCFC and we paid compo to BCFC for him. We then pay him a salary to serve up that shat for 11 months.

Now we have to pay him some compo after he gets the chop. There must have been a clause with the termination of his contract, taking into account how bad his record is and how he had already cost them comp already.

I am sure someone said they were in a restaurant were AM's wife was the with friends and was over heard taking about 2mill comp if he was sacked.

Surely PF had his arse kicked by RL.

I am still astounded how PF tapped up AM, got him to resign, got caught out by BCFC and we paid compo to BCFC for him. We then pay him a salary to serve up that shat for 11 months.

Now we have to pay him some compo after he gets the chop. There must have been a clause with the termination of his contract, taking into account how bad his record is and how he had already cost them comp already.

I am sure someone said they were in a restaurant were AM's wife was the with friends and was over heard taking about 2mill comp if he was sacked.

Football management and corporate banking. The only 2 professions where you can make the biggest **** up of all time and get handsomely rewarded for it.

I am sure someone said they were in a restaurant were AM's wife was the with friends and was over heard taking

That's a competitor for ITK of the year, you know.

Talks of having to meet certain goals in his contract. I'd be very surprised if he met any, he's beaten just about every record we had for the worst season.

Lowest points. Lowest home points. Lowest home wins. Lowest goals scored. And we were the only team to go the entire season without scoring from a corner.

Pure speculation, but I'd like to believe the rumours he's leaving with sweet FA compensation are true. He certainly doesn't deserve any, he's already taken us for 11 months salary.

Just pay him off and consign the memory of his tenure to the dustbin.

I don't want to think anymore about the money that was wasted on the man and the money he personally made for doing such a shit job.

Not bothered if he did get compo tbh. Its pretty much par for the course this day and age.

Just glad this particular dark cloud on an otherwise proud history has passed. I would imagine that arses have been well and truly kicked all along the line over this monumental balls-up and rightly so. Just a pity we'll never know, but I would like to think that PF has been left in no doubt as to how fortunate he is to be employed right now.

Its done, dusted and there are more important matters to be dealt.

I am sure someone said they were in a restaurant were AM's wife was the with friends and was over heard taking

That's a competitor for ITK of the year, you know.

Talks of having to meet certain goals in his contract. I'd be very surprised if he met any, he's beaten just about every record we had for the worst season.

Lowest points. Lowest home points. Lowest home wins. Lowest goals scored. And we were the only team to go the entire season without scoring from a corner.

Pure speculation, but I'd like to believe the rumours he's leaving with sweet FA compensation are true. He certainly doesn't deserve any, he's already taken us for 11 months salary.

I promise you it was not plucked out of thin air (although it could be total bollocks!)

If it is nowt paid out for compo that will be great, but I think he only stuck to his guns and didnt quit because of the payout available.

I must have had 20 people come up to me at work to tell me AMC had gone. They all seemed genuinely happy for me, I was certainly happy to relive the moment many times in the day. It takes quite a lot to unify fans across clubs like that, I still know people that think Messi is not all that great, but that Villa is better off without AMC seems to be a universal truth.

Â