The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Just got back from the game, the performance of the team managed to dampen the party atmosphere. In a season of lows we plummeted to a new depth today, had to endure Norwich fans singing "you should've gone down" but at least they supported the 19th minute applause for Stan and cheered the shoes off protest.

Never thought we'd end the season below Wigan.

Just want this nightmare to end.

I know how you feel. Norwich took the piss out of us today, 70 min before we have a shot on goal-desperate! Fair fuks to Norwich though had some good banter with them and the highlight of the day singing " Blues stayin down and their going fuking bust....!".Apart from that and the weather the rest was shit. Thank god it's over. Get the ginger tosser out!!!!!!

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to be popular, but I have the feeling that he is here for the long haul

I did think after Bolton that it was inevitable that he would go. But now I am convinced that he will stay.

I just cannot see Lerner paying out compo for yet another manager, especially one that they have already had to pay serious compensation to get in the first place.

Plus another manager means another transitional season - which would be our third in three years.

I think Lerner will look at his record in Scotland, which is not too dissimilar to MON's, plus his relative success at SHA, and arrive at the conclusion that this season he has been unlucky with injuries and give him a chance over the summer to build his own team.

He now has three months out of the spotlight and no abuse from fans. He has that amount of time to put his stamp on things and change the playing squad to his own liking. This is worrying, when you consider the type of player's he is likely to go for.

To name potential targets, it wouldn't surprise me to see Roger Johnson and Scott Dann lining up for us next season in place of Dunne and Collins.

What does everyone else think?

Something keeps niggling me in the back of my mind, the situation with Mc"LIE"sh is similar to Blackburn for me & how even more similar we'll be to them if he stays.

rewind one year ago, Blackburn narrowly avoid the drop, after the owners (Venkey's) remove/sack the footballing people who ran the day to day stuff at the club. All the fans wanted Steve Kean out but he stayed & was given money to buy players & most of them apart from Yakubu have been poor. The Venkey's are never at Ewood park & yes Blackburn paid the price this season.

i see Villa going the same way, 95% of us want McLeish out, what if Randy keeps him & then gives him money to spend to avoid being in the this league position again & McDick buys more crap like N'zog, Hutton & Jenus (Given has been good i'll give him that, but 3 out of 4 is rubbish). We have no day to day footballing people at the club no more (Steve Stride) & an owner who is rarely here & seems to not give a shit about the fans anyway. I can honestly McDick blowing a load of money on crap & we'll still be in a relegation battle next year & probably go down too.

Randy don't waste any more time & money on this guy, he is simply not up to the job, before it's too late

I'm not going to be popular, but I have the feeling that he is here for the long haul

I did think after Bolton that it was inevitable that he would go. But now I am convinced that he will stay.

I just cannot see Lerner paying out compo for yet another manager, especially one that they have already had to pay serious compensation to get in the first place.

Plus another manager means another transitional season - which would be our third in three years.

I think Lerner will look at his record in Scotland, which is not too dissimilar to MON's, plus his relative success at SHA, and arrive at the conclusion that this season he has been unlucky with injuries and give him a chance over the summer to build his own team.

He now has three months out of the spotlight and no abuse from fans. He has that amount of time to put his stamp on things and change the playing squad to his own liking. This is worrying, when you consider the type of player's he is likely to go for.

To name potential targets, it wouldn't surprise me to see Roger Johnson and Scott Dann lining up for us next season in place of Dunne and Collins.

I think that if Lerner doesn't want to sack him due to paying him compo then he's a worse businessman than I thought. Estimate the loss of revenue that we'd have by keeping him and that will outweigh the compo. Doesn't take Sir Sugar to work out the right decision.

Sack him and i'll buy a season ticekt straight away, keep him and I wont buy anything.

As the meerkat says simplezzzzz.

I think you are right. You're not going to be popular.

And just because the season is over doesn't mean that McLeish will get 3 months without abuse from fans.

72 Hours to save the villa !

If hes still here Wednesday evening he's staying. PF has been Randy this week - surely the decision has been made ?

As someone else has said - there's nothing to analyse - on the playing field there's not one glimmer of hope. Mcleish signings Hutton, Nzog, Jenas have been well below £14m worth.

We haven't even played well and lost - its been boring , dour stuff.

If Lerner gets the next appoinment right - he can return to the low profile he likes. Keep Mcleish and he will be viewed as next seasons Venky brothers

I think if your right we all might as well get a rope and do the only thing that will ease the pain- SUICIDE!!

Something keeps niggling me in the back of my mind, the situation with Mc"LIE"sh is similar to Blackburn for me & how even more similar we'll be to them if he stays.

rewind one year ago, Blackburn narrowly avoid the drop, after the owners (Venkey's) remove/sack the footballing people who ran the day to day stuff at the club. All the fans wanted Steve Kean out but he stayed & was given money to buy players & most of them apart from Yakubu have been poor. The Venkey's are never at Ewood park & yes Blackburn paid the price this season.

i see Villa going the same way, 95% of us want McLeish out, what if Randy keeps him & then gives him money to spend to avoid being in the this league position again & McDick buys more crap like N'zog, Hutton & Jenus (Given has been good i'll give him that, but 3 out of 4 is rubbish). We have no day to day footballing people at the club no more (Steve Stride) & an owner who is rarely here & seems to not give a shit about the fans anyway. I can honestly McDick blowing a load of money on crap & we'll still be in a relegation battle next year & probably go down too.

Randy don't waste any more time & money on this guy, he is simply not up to the job, before it's too late

Yes, I've been saying the same thing since that chicken ran on the pitch at Ewood. We will be in Blackburn's position next season if McLeish isn't sacked.

I hate to say it but i think you're right, this thread will be in the ten thousands by then.

McLeish, Learner & Faulkner = the Aston Villa mental asylum

I actually agree with everything he said in his bbc interview apart from the im not negative bit. Its not his fault these idiots can`t pass a ball 10 yards.

But he is still shite and i want him out.

Yes, I've been saying the same thing since that chicken ran on the pitch at Ewood. We will be in Blackburn's position next season if McLeish isn't sacked.

Maybe we should throw our MBNA credit cards on the pitch, if nothing else it might help towards the players high wage bill

Keep the faith, he is toast.

Regarding the point about 'transitional season' - if McLeish stays he is, by his own account, planning big changes. So it's going to be another transition whoever is in charge. It's not like we've shown any sign this season that McLeish has made any progress with the squad which we can build on.

I can't even bring myself to watch that, just seeing him makes my blood boil. He realy is on another planet. I have a horrible feeling that he won't be sacked and he deffo won't walk. If nothing is said by tomorrow night then he is staying and we all will cry. Either way like has been said on another post they need to tell us! Back him or Sack him... 100% Sack though.

AVFC mystery man reckons..... Tuesday is the day we will know due to Faulkner being delayed and Lambert will be in before the end of the month. Seems pretty plusable to me!

The guy on Twitter? He said Mcleish was going last week for sure, then when he didn't, within hours of the deadline he'd given he was claiming his account had been hacked.

He's full of shit.

Â