The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Stop panicking

Nothing will happen before Norwich either way

Then there will be an end of season mop up / post Mortem

Why do you always post as if you know something, when time and again your prophecies are based on an overactive imagination and a two year old copy of football manager?

but he won the prem with exactly the same squad, but recalled Makoun!!!

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If McLeish stays, Randy will have to give him millions this summer to bring in McLeish type players.

No he wont, McLeish will sell some of the big assets and 4/5 other players and bring in a rake of Bosmans like he did in Glasgow.

Lerner wont have to give him millions to do this at all. He could probably generate £30m + by selling players and use less than half of that to replace everybody.

He could save about 30% off the wage bill at the same time too.

There's a myth about Bosmans .... that they're cheap. The wages that a good player on a Bosman will ask for are far more than Randy will want to pay. That just leaves average players and if you multiply their wage expectations (coming on a free) by 4/5 players x 3 years, it's still a big multi million pound sum!

Exactly I have been making this point for a while, not sure how signing Bosmans helps the wages

'PussEKatt' we lost our label as an attacking team once Downing and Young were sold.

Dont agree with that.We are still a team that prefers to attack,its just that without Downing and Young we dont do it as well.And then McLeish came along and now we have players that want to attack bieng told to defend.No wonder we are crap on the field, the players are bieng asked to play a style of football that is completly alien to them.

Attack with what exactly?

Before Keane was signed in January neither of our wingers was playing to form so no supply to Bent.

Very little creativity in midfield until Ireland started to find some form and when he did, then Bent got a bad injury.

However when Keane arrived in January we had more of an attacking threat through the middle but when Keane left that attacking threat went with him.

You also have to factor in Gabby's injury, his subsequent loss of form and please tell me how then could McLeish set us up as an attacking team?

He simply couldn't so he made us hard to beat to try and get enough points to keep us safe.

You are looking at the symptoms but ignoring the underlying disease.

NZogbia came to us on a high having almost single handedly keeping Wigan up.

Albrighton should have made this his break through season.

Ireland in and out of the team due to "illness" and "injury"

Gabby being played as a winger even though McLeish said he wouldnt

Bent touching the ball less than any other player in the premier league

All of those were down to bad luck and Downing/Young going.

Come off it.

New club and loss of form concerning N'Zogbia. It does happen you know.

Blaming the manager for Albrighton not breaking through this season is unfair. Albrighton isn't good enough and has shown that consistently this season.

Gabby was played on the wing due to a lack of form from our wide men.

Bent touching the ball less than any other player in the Premiership due to a complete lack of service from our wide men (see above) and of course the loss of our quality wingers Downing and Young.

Anything else?

'PussEKatt' we lost our label as an attacking team once Downing and Young were sold.

Dont agree with that.We are still a team that prefers to attack,its just that without Downing and Young we dont do it as well.And then McLeish came along and now we have players that want to attack bieng told to defend.No wonder we are crap on the field, the players are bieng asked to play a style of football that is completly alien to them.

Attack with what exactly?

Before Keane was signed in January neither of our wingers was playing to form so no supply to Bent.

Very little creativity in midfield until Ireland started to find some form and when he did, then Bent got a bad injury.

However when Keane arrived in January we had more of an attacking threat through the middle but when Keane left that attacking threat went with him.

You also have to factor in Gabby's injury, his subsequent loss of form and please tell me how then could McLeish set us up as an attacking team?

He simply couldn't so he made us hard to beat to try and get enough points to keep us safe.

You are looking at the symptoms but ignoring the underlying disease.

NZogbia came to us on a high having almost single handedly keeping Wigan up.

Albrighton should have made this his break through season.

Ireland in and out of the team due to "illness" and "injury"

Gabby being played as a winger even though McLeish said he wouldnt

Bent touching the ball less than any other player in the premier league

All of those were down to bad luck and Downing/Young going.

Come off it.

New club and loss of form concerning N'Zogbia. It does happen you know.

Blaming the manager for Albrighton not breaking through this season is unfair. Albrighton isn't good enough and has shown that consistently this season.

Gabby was played on the wing due to a lack of form from our wide men.

Bent touching the ball less than any other player in the Premiership due to a complete lack of service from our wide men (see above) and of course the loss of our quality wingers Downing and Young.

Anything else?

Yes, one or two of those in isolation and you can say "these things happen", for them all to happen at once indicates your manager doesnt know what he is doing. Something born out by his results over the course of the season.

I respect you trying to find daisies in the shitpile, but not convinced by your arguments.

Unlike GED or DOL who you just wanted to punch

I disagree with that. I'd like to go out for a pint with GED, would be great to have a conversation about football with him.

I think all of our past managers would be more interesting to talk to about football than this dinosaur we've got hanging around the club. Hell I'd rather talk to George Ramsay about football than McLeish.

Oh completely, I wouldnt dispute McLeish's lack of knowledge.

The point I was making was that I wouldn't like to go to a pub and meet DOL, MON, McLeish etc... But I would like to meet GH for pint purely to discuss football. I personally believe he's rather intelligent and would like to discuss his career and players with him. Certainly wouldnt want to punch him as stated.

Anyway, that's off topic.... McLeish to be sacked Monday? I doubt it... I think he's here for good. Gutted as I have a season ticket for next year.

Unlike GED or DOL who you just wanted to punch

I disagree with that. I'd like to go out for a pint with GED, would be great to have a conversation about football with him.

I think all of our past managers would be more interesting to talk to about football than this dinosaur we've got hanging around the club. Hell I'd rather talk to George Ramsay about football than McLeish.

Oh completely, I wouldnt dispute McLeish's lack of knowledge.

The point I was making was that I wouldn't like to go to a pub and meet DOL, MON, McLeish etc... But I would like to meet GH for pint purely to discuss football. I personally believe he's rather intelligent and would like to discuss his career and players with him. Certainly wouldnt want to punch him as stated.

Anyway, that's off topic.... McLeish to be sacked Monday? I doubt it... I think he's here for good. Gutted as I have a season ticket for next year.

Oh yeah, I got what you mean and I agree with you.

We dont need a 'nice bloke' we need someone who is going to win football matches.
Shame we have neither. :P

So let me get this right. He has been bigging up the players the likes of Dunne, Collins, Hutton etc in all of his post match interviews even saying about hard they have worked all season. But I read latest bullshit is that he is not putting up with the players not putting in a shift anymore and they all need to pull there fingers out, quoting he will not be taking the flack for the players anymore???? I don't know about coming back to the Villa next season, I think he needs treatment.

A pint with GED, errr no thanks, I mean I wish the guy a healthy long life but I'm so glad he's no longer attached to the club
I'd much rather have him attached to the club than Alex **** McLeish.

Just out of curiosity, why would like to have a pint with McLeish? You don't like Houllier and that's fair enough but McLeish has been just as much of a clearing in the woods in interviews if not more so.

I just got the impression GED didn't want to be here and we were lucky to have him

I found much of his teams football as bad as McLeish's eg. Sunderland at home

And he dissed villa too many times

That Liverpool love in at anfield was frankly embarrassing and if I could of I'd have swung at him that night

Just out of curiosity, why would like to have a pint with McLeish? You don't like Houllier and that's fair enough but McLeish has been just as much of a clearing in the woods in interviews if not more so.

Because for all his managerial faults. McLeish comes across as a humble down to earth bloke. He doesnt talk down to you like some managers, he's just a decent bloke

Why is that so hard to believe ?

It doesn't mean he's a good manager, it just means he's a decent sort of bloke that you could probably end up talking to at the bar in the local without thinking he's a bellend

Â