The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had a message from a mate who lives in a little village in Stratford.

Apparently McLeish has just moved into the area and the reliable info is "he's got the bullet"

Thats a bit strong, i don`t like the man but i would never want him shot. Hope he pulls through.

Apparently McLeish has just moved into the area and the reliable info is "he's got the bullet"

Thats a bit strong, i don`t like the man but i would never want him shot. Hope he pulls through.

whatever it takes.

It would make sense.

I did find his comments surprising on Sunday especially the way he laid into the players etc

I've been up Bodymoor on a jolly today and from the little I heard and things I picked up. I'll be amazed if he's sacked.

Everyone there seems to think he's a top bloke. And to be fair he does come across that way.

I'll give him credit for taking the time to come and talk to (those that wanted to speak to him) us too. He certainly didn't have to and I was reliably informed O'Neill would NEVER have done that (neither would Robbie Keane apparently but that's another story)

But, being a 'nice bloke' (which he undoubtably is) isn't top of my managerial requirements sadly. He's still absolutely got to go.

No other titbits, apart from one staff member saying we need MAJOR changes if we arent going to be relegated next season (not sure if he meant playing staff or management .. or maybe both) but the overwhelming feeling I got was McLeish is going nowhere soon.

No sign of Faulkner or Randy (surprise surprise)

Someone said they'd seen the new away shirt, it's 'different' but nice according to them.

It has to be said Bodymoor is absolutely top class. If working in those surroundings can't inspire players I don't know what will.

FWIW Both CI and villabromsgrove are right. He never stood a chance but yes, we all thought he would deliver an attackless team which he did. I do feel sorry for him with the injuries resulting in a team whose midfield are all defensive minded leading to very few attacking moves but it's not like we were pulling up any trees before the injurues started. I guess I'm saying we'd have still been poor but less poor.

Strongly disagree.

How exactly did he never have a chance?! He got the f**king the job, he got transfer backing from the board. That was his chance.

The joyless football we produced all season is the result of him being given a chance. The 4 wins at home this season is the result of him being given a chance. The 3 wins away is a result fo him being given a chance.

We are a disgrace this season and that’s a result of him being given a chance.

If he is given a further chance next season we will be relegated.

I wish he hadn’t been afforded a chance but lets be clear he was.

I've been up Bodymoor on a jolly today and from the little I heard and things I picked up. I'll be amazed if he's sacked.

Everyone there seems to think he's a top bloke. And to be fair he does come across that way.

I'll give him credit for taking the time to come and talk to (those that wanted to speak to him) us too. He certainly didn't have to and I was reliably informed O'Neill would NEVER have done that (neither would Robbie Keane apparently but that's another story)

But, being a 'nice bloke' (which he undoubtably is) isn't top of my managerial requirements sadly. He's still absolutely got to go.

No other titbits, apart from one staff member saying we need MAJOR changes if we arent going to be relegated next season (not sure if he meant playing staff or management .. or maybe both) but the overwhelming feeling I got was McLeish is going nowhere soon.

No sign of Faulkner or Randy (surprise surprise)

Someone said they'd seen the new away shirt, it's 'different' but nice according to them.

It has to be said Bodymoor is absolutely top class. If working in those surroundings can't inspire players I don't know what will.

Bodymoor Heath work with the guy, they ain't going to tell you he's an ass are they? Just as they wouldn't have said MON was an ass when he was there! Fact is only person who has any idea what he's going to do is Lerner himself, he has to decide does he want more drop in ST's merchandising or does he want Tin Tin in the dugout!

the more days that pass the more likely it is he going to stay in my opinion. i think they will give 6-10 games next season if he performs the same he will be sacked

but if they stick with mcleish the stadium will be half full i gurantee it. we have already seen signs of this

He won't be going anywhere until after the Norwich game anyway, so it's pointless to speculate until then. He's no more likely to stay tomorrow than he is today. Let's give it a week.

Bodymoor Heath work with the guy, they ain't going to tell you he's an ass are they? Just as they wouldn't have said MON was an ass when he was there! Fact is only person who has any idea what he's going to do is Lerner himself, he has to decide does he want more drop in ST's merchandising or does he want Tin Tin in the dugout!

I used to work with plenty people I didnt like and was happy to tell anyone interested. They could've told me he was a grade A clearing in the woods and there wouldn't have been any comeback.

Maybe, just maybe, these people and players actually DO like him. Think about that

I think it was well known O'Neill wasn't exactly Mr Popular with many members of staff

Maybe, just maybe, these people and players actually DO like him. Think about that

I think it was well known O'Neill wasn't exactly Mr Popular with many members of staff

I think they probably do like him. One of the most persistent points to come out of this seems to be that he's a very likeable bloke. But that's completely irrelevant in a discussion about whether he'll be there next season, not least because those people at Bodymoor will ultimately not be part of the decision making-process.

Â