The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoke to someone at the club before yesterday's game and he pretty much backed up what MM has said on here. Just outside the Trinity Road gates were the McLeish Out protesters and their banners.

"If only they knew the truth" were his words "maybe they should move inside the gates by the players car park & do some protesting there!"

Anyone notice Kevin MacDonald squeeze McLeish's arm during the game on TV on the bench, in a nice touch of support from someone who knows AVFC inside out.

So what is this guy at the club saying, that it is the fault of the players and not McLeish? We all know there are rotten apples at the club, but the manager has got to sort it out. For example, if some players are causing problems they should be dropped and others put in their place. Fergie soon sorted out the drinking culture at Manure.

This is the sort of ill informed bollocks that i would expect to hear from the media and not a villa fan.

Who the word removed has he to replace those players with? Do you expect McLeish to start up his footballer machine and create Premiership players out of thin air to replace those that are apparently causing trouble?

You use Fergie at Man U as some sort of example. Last time i looked, Manchester United had a squad full of quality players who have won many trophies over the past ten years so Ferguson was able to ship the drinking culture out of the club and replace those players with the same quality.

Stop talking out of your backside man!

Spoke to someone at the club before yesterday's game and he pretty much backed up what MM has said on here. Just outside the Trinity Road gates were the McLeish Out protesters and their banners.

"If only they knew the truth" were his words "maybe they should move inside the gates by the players car park & do some protesting there!"

Anyone notice Kevin MacDonald squeeze McLeish's arm during the game on TV on the bench, in a nice touch of support from someone who knows AVFC inside out.

So what is this guy at the club saying, that it is the fault of the players and not McLeish? We all know there are rotten apples at the club, but the manager has got to sort it out. For example, if some players are causing problems they should be dropped and others put in their place. Fergie soon sorted out the drinking culture at Manure.

Nop he agreed with me that it was a crazy commercial decision to put McLeish in place in the first place and I said he didn't seem to be able to motivate the players at half time like a MON could.

There's bin lots going on behind the scenes at VP about players that HASN'T come out in the press from what I gather.

Brad Friedel is on public record on his exit to Spurs as stating that under Houllier it wasn't so much the manager - he couldn't beleive some of the goings on with the players at B6. If even an old pro like Friedel whose done the rounds is shocked at stuff then it must be bad!

IMHO a bunch of overpaid idiots - who have no respect for the fans, the club and worst of all themselves!!

This is the sort of ill informed bollocks that i would expect to hear from the media and not a villa fan.

Who the word removed has he to replace those players with? Do you expect McLeish to start up his footballer machine and create Premiership players out of thin air to replace those that are apparently causing trouble?

You use Fergie at Man U as some sort of example. Last time i looked, Manchester United had a squad full of quality players who have won many trophies over the past ten years so Ferguson was able to ship the drinking culture out of the club and replace those players with the same quality.

Stop talking out of your backside man!

Actually he has a point certainly more of a point than you do in regards Man Utd!

The Man Utd of today is irrelevant he is talking about the club as it was in e mid 80's when Fergie arrived and he shipped out McGrath and Whiteside two of t heir most talented but most problematic players.

He made examples of them and set standards that he expected for both existing and future players.

I'm sure McLeish inherited problems with the players at the club but in contrast to Fergie he didn't push them out the club. In fact in terms of Collins and Dunne they have been key players under him at the expense of the far more professional and consistent Cuellar.

You say he can't magically create players and you are right butb then he has had money to spend and he has largely wasted it. What is worse is that he has compounded the problems he inherited by signing problematic characters like Hutton and N'Zogbia!

So no he isn't talking bollocks, quite the opposite.

It's McLeish's job to control the players and get the best out of them, if he's failed to do what we know these players are capable of, it's yet another black Mark in a sea of black marks.

I really don't see motivation as a problem. The players have looked fairly committed to me most times this season. There are charging around like headless chickens most of the time - theres a fair bit of effort - but effort alone isn't enough.

As to those blaming MON's rotten apples - there aren't that many left - 4 in yesterdays first 11 ?

I fear he is staying - the cheap season tickets - were to soften the anti mcleish stance\Boycott - It all makes sense.

I only hope someone comes forward to buy the club. Because beyond reducing the wage bill - Randy seems to have no interest at all.

I can almost hear Faulkner now:-

'oh Alex - weve accepted this offer for Darren Bent is that ok'

Alex 'Thats splendid paul'

PF 'we won't be buying a new striker though as we have one of the best academy's in the country'

Alex 'Absolutley Paul'

Pathetic

Sorry don't buy all this crap about problematic players, he's paid to do the job if he can't handle which he has shown then through the door you go! Read his latest comments, they are an absolute disgrace, he's sees what he has done as a massive achievement. His tactics are shit, Gary Gardner is CM so our manager plays him LM! Lichaj is a RB he plays him LB, he plays a LB at LM! Plays Heskey in CM on Wing! I couldn't care less what problems he's had to manage I am on about the tactics he brings on a Sat afternoon! Against 10men we had 37% possession, look what Sandro said about us we were happy with a point. 2 wins in 2012, but you are judged by results and bottom line is he's failed! He has to go, no question!

The problem with 'mons rotten apples' is that they are senior players at the club. The likes of Collins Dunne and Warnock should be the professional ones who are something that the kids can look up to. They are far from it though.

Well at one point in the first half he appeared from his 'hutch' and bollocked N'Zog for not reading play and moving....NZog just waved his hand at him and walked away....... now I felt then take him off and put on Carruthers but he persevered with a man who was not interested and was merely going through the motions - rank management

McLeish is a liar, we have all known that from the beginning. He'll say whatever it takes to save his own skin. The players being injured, Stan's illness, the night club brawl will have gone some way to McLeish being able to blame things outside of his control. BUT. Randy and Faulkner must stay focussed on the main points. A record breaking season for home wins, 18mill spent, unable to motivate even his own signings, only 37 goals scored, three relegation fights in four years, only 7 wins when two of the three likely to be relegated clubs have won more, lowest points tally ever. How can the guy continue into next season when he is just one result away from another protest, not to mention the attendance levels being the lowest for years. Untenable is the word.

NZogbia was a disgrace yesterday, lazy, disinterested and feigning injury on every opportunity

He simply didn't want to be on the pitch IMHO

McLeish stood up twice to bollock him

Bad apples they may be, but they're not the ones who forfeit games before they begin, or sit back on 1-0 leads against the likes of Blackburn etc etc.

Well I did notice yesterday that as soon as Hutton was replaced by a certain player we sat back and he just hoofed the ball up.

Is that Mcleish or is it the fault of the player?.... I don't know. You make your mind up but whatever the difference was marked.

Never thought I'd say these words but when Heskey & Hutton went off it changed the game in Spurs favour.

Â