The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

So many reasons why we shouldn't protest and to have faith in our chairman to do the right thing at the end of the season.
I don't have any faith in Lerner these days. Yes, the protests are a little unsavoury but not half as unsavoury as the prospect of another season written off under McLeish.

Everything Lerner has done over the past two seasons would support your point concerning a lack of faith in him but only someone on the top tier of stupidity would turn a blind eye to what has been happening to our club on and off the pitch this season.

I firmly believe that the decision has already been taken for McLeish to go at the end of the season and that plus the other reasons i have stated are reasons enough for me to believe that any protest now is futile and harmful to the image of the club!

It's catch 22 for me. Only an idiot would've appointed McLeish in the first place and only an idiot would consider keeping him in charge next season. I think he'll be gone but I'm by no means certain.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The players didn't play for MON at the end

The players didn't play for GED

The players aren't playing for McLeish

Anyone seeing the pattern

You like starting sentences with 'The'??? :lol:

Yeah. We keep getting shit managers :P

Joking aside, we need to get rid of the shit and rebuild fast, otherwise we'll be facing another relegation battle, no matter who we appoint.

Difference being the first two managers still achieved top ten finishes in the league

Denis - you're seemingly adamant that McLeish is gone at the end of the season, so you might as well get all the money you have on him not being here next season. It's 4/7 with SkyBet. Free money!

Thanks for that. Opened an account and used my free £10 starter as well - definately FREE MONEY :)

Don't mention it :) Only £10 though! Something tells me you aren't so sure.

I did match it with my own too :) So I am sure but not 100% as who would have picked Wigan to beat Manure, Toon and Arsenal in a month?

Tarnish the image of the club.....after what a few players did the other night, the way other teams think we are easy points and the media describing our football......you're having a laugh.

Also, who cares what other people think of us, I'd rather be successful and hated than respected and rubbish. While we may not get relegated this season, if this continues then we might next season.

Have we ever hounded a manager out before?

How do you think the media is going to protray the sacking of McLeish after the demonstration on Sunday?

McLeish is going to get the sympathy vote rather than people looking at the real reasons why he was sacked. Its just giving McLeish the excuse he needs and it might very well influence Lerner to keep McLeish for another season by not pandering to the wishes of the fans.

It also might influence other managers in deciding not to come to our club.

So many reasons why we shouldn't protest and to have faith in our chairman to do the right thing at the end of the season.

This protest could badly backfire on us.

I disagree entirely - sitting back and hoping for something to happen is far worse. If you don't display the fact that you want McLeish out publicly, then it'll be assumed that you don't have a problem with it.

It's like people who don't vote and then complain about the state of a country - totally hypocritical.

All fair points but Lerner will already know how the fans feel about McLeish. It goes right back to when he was first appointed and it has gone downhill from there with the team's results. Performances and results just haven't been acceptable and thats what any chairman will judge his manager on, not the fact that the fans have decided to protest!

so why has it taken so long to get rid of McLeish, why did he appoint him when he knew fans feelings, why didn't McLeish go earlier in the season or ten games ago or after the Bolton match??? Until he's gone I will still have my doubts that Lerner will let him go because of the reasons above......everything points to him going but everything pointed to him not being hired but Lerner hired him.

This probably goes back to the debate i had with 'TrentVilla' a few weeks ago.

'TrentVilla' stated that McLeish wasn't a 'victim of circumstance.'

I argued the point that to some degree McLeish was, due to losing our best players before the season started, having limited funds to replace those players and then having to deal with injuries to our best remaining players.

I think thats why Lerner has given McLeish more time because of the constraints in which McLeish has had to deal with in managing our team. You then factor in the sad loss of Petrov as well.

However, i believe it was the performance against Bolton which our chairman witnessed which has been the catalyst for McLeish leaving at the end of the season.

You also state that the chairman took no notice of how we would feel when McLeish was first appointed. That being so, do you now think he will take notice of a fans protest?

I don't have any faith in Lerner these days. Yes, the protests are a little unsavoury but not half as unsavoury as the prospect of another season written off under McLeish.

Everything Lerner has done over the past two seasons would support your point concerning a lack of faith in him but only someone on the top tier of stupidity would turn a blind eye to what has been happening to our club on and off the pitch this season.

I firmly believe that the decision has already been taken for McLeish to go at the end of the season and that plus the other reasons i have stated are reasons enough for me to believe that any protest now is futile and harmful to the image of the club!

It's catch 22 for me. Only an idiot would've appointed McLeish in the first place and only an idiot would consider keeping him in charge next season. I think he'll be gone but I'm by no means certain.

Lets hope then that our chairman has more sense than you give him credit for? :winkold:

do you now think he will take notice of a fans protest?

Yes, a few hundred protested in June however there were thousands of us at the Bolton game

Do you feel then 'Denis_B' that it was this protest at the Bolton game rather than the performance and ensuing result that caught Lerner's attention?

Not trying to be smart here mate i'm just genuinely interested as i wasn't at the game?

I think its pathetic. Especially now. Where was it pre-Bolton when it was needed. Every man and his dog knows McLeish will be gone in June now....

What you see there is the result of one utter word removed and a few of his mates shutting the door after the horse is long gone.

Of course, when McLeish does go, we will have to listen to the smug pricks proclaiming it was the advert wot done it.

Morons.

do you now think he will take notice of a fans protest?

Yes, a few hundred protested in June however there were thousands of us at the Bolton game

Do you feel then 'Denis_B' that it was this protest at the Bolton game rather than the performance and ensuing result that caught Lerner's attention?

Not trying to be smart here mate i'm just genuinely interested as i wasn't at the game?

Also not trying to be smart but ........... How the **** do I know?

I was merely pointing out that the June and Bolton protests were vastly different in the impact they had.

I think its pathetic. Especially now. Where was it pre-Bolton when it was needed. Every man and his dog knows McLeish will be gone in June now....

What you see there is the result of one utter word removed and a few of his mates shutting the door after the horse is long gone.

Of course, when McLeish does go, we will have to listen to the smug pricks proclaiming it was the advert wot done it.

Morons.

You are still assuming its a definite that McLeish is going! Well that's fine but some of us still aren't 100% sure it's a locked. As with signing players using the ITSOTP....I'm, until he's gone I'm not resting.

I say fair dues to these guys for doing this and would argue you are the stupid one for counting your chickens before they've hatched. I'd rather extra nails in the coffin rather than becoming complacent.

Good on these guys for putting their money where their mouth is.......

Utterly embarrassing. Well done to whoever came up with that for completely invalidating any actual negative points regarding McLeish's tenure.
How is it embarrassing? The poster uses facts.

To construct a coherent argument, you have to present immutable facts to support your case. Here we have facts which may or may not have anything to do with McLeish. Of course, we can postulate that they're all McLeish's fault to a greater than lesser extent, but there's no proof of that is there? So in the end all it looks like is a few rabid less than intelligent fans who don't really understand how the world works outside of their safe zone, moaning.

I'm sure you already knew that and just wanted clarification of my point.

Â