The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tomorrow*

(too early in the morning)

From what i've seen from Spurs goals have been a problem but they found they the goalscoring touch last game so it could get ugly should we not defend properly (like most of the season so far)

Its will be very ugly then.

Tarnish the image of the club.....after what a few players did the other night, the way other teams think we are easy points and the media describing our football......you're having a laugh.

Also, who cares what other people think of us, I'd rather be successful and hated than respected and rubbish. While we may not get relegated this season, if this continues then we might next season.

Have we ever hounded a manager out before?

How do you think the media is going to protray the sacking of McLeish after the demonstration on Sunday?

McLeish is going to get the sympathy vote rather than people looking at the real reasons why he was sacked. Its just giving McLeish the excuse he needs and it might very well influence Lerner to keep McLeish for another season by not pandering to the wishes of the fans.

It also might influence other managers in deciding not to come to our club.

So many reasons why we shouldn't protest and to have faith in our chairman to do the right thing at the end of the season.

This protest could badly backfire on us.

Luckily, I don't think this protest will take off anyway

We've seen before that some of the radical views aired on VT are not representative of the 30 odd thousand fans who attend the games

So many reasons why we shouldn't protest and to have faith in our chairman to do the right thing at the end of the season.
I don't have any faith in Lerner these days. Yes, the protests are a little unsavoury but not half as unsavoury as the prospect of another season written off under McLeish.

Tarnish the image of the club.....after what a few players did the other night, the way other teams think we are easy points and the media describing our football......you're having a laugh.

Also, who cares what other people think of us, I'd rather be successful and hated than respected and rubbish. While we may not get relegated this season, if this continues then we might next season.

How do you think the media is going to protray the sacking of McLeish after the demonstration on Sunday?

McLeish is going to get the sympathy vote rather than people looking at the real reasons why he was sacked. Its just giving McLeish the excuse he needs and it might very well influence Lerner to keep McLeish for another season by not pandering to the wishes of the fans.

I disagree entirely - sitting back and hoping for something to happen is far worse. If you don't display the fact that you want McLeish out publicly, then it'll be assumed that you don't have a problem with it.

It's like people who don't vote and then complain about the state of a country - totally hypocritical.

I can see both sides to this protest and as much as I want McLeish gone I just can't justify the level of abuse he will surely receive tomorrow. Mostly because at some point it WILL become personal.

The thing that bothers me is that Mr Lerner is not getting any abuse over everything that has happened during our decline over the last 2 or so years. Everything that's wrong with the club is all McLeishs fault it seems.

I want McLeish gone as much as most people and will celebrate like a mental bastard when he is gone but these flyers, 'McLeish Out Day' and what not is just too far imo. This could really affect any future managers decision to come here.

And remember, what next? We still have Lerner and Faulkener (who in my opinion is ALMOST as worse a poison coursing through the club than Eck is) running the show and I just don't trust them at all to make a decent decision anymore and it staggers me that they have escaped any abuse.

Luckily, I don't think this protest will take off anyway

We've seen before that some of the radical views aired on VT are not representative of the 30 odd thousand fans who attend the games

What radical views?

Denis - you're seemingly adamant that McLeish is gone at the end of the season, so you might as well get all the money you have on him not being here next season. It's 4/7 with SkyBet. Free money!

Thanks for that. Opened an account and used my free £10 starter as well - definately FREE MONEY :)

I don't have any faith in Lerner these days. Yes, the protests are a little unsavoury but not half as unsavoury as the prospect of another season written off under McLeish.

Everything Lerner has done over the past two seasons would support your point concerning a lack of faith in him but only someone on the top tier of stupidity would turn a blind eye to what has been happening to our club on and off the pitch this season.

I firmly believe that the decision has already been taken for McLeish to go at the end of the season and that plus the other reasons i have stated are reasons enough for me to believe that any protest now is futile and harmful to the image of the club!

I disagree entirely - sitting back and hoping for something to happen is far worse. If you don't display the fact that you want McLeish out publicly, then it'll be assumed that you don't have a problem with it.

It's like people who don't vote and then complain about the state of a country - totally hypocritical.

All fair points but Lerner will already know how the fans feel about McLeish. It goes right back to when he was first appointed and it has gone downhill from there with the team's results. Performances and results just haven't been acceptable and thats what any chairman will judge his manager on, not the fact that the fans have decided to protest!

Denis - you're seemingly adamant that McLeish is gone at the end of the season, so you might as well get all the money you have on him not being here next season. It's 4/7 with SkyBet. Free money!

Thanks for that. Opened an account and used my free £10 starter as well - definately FREE MONEY :)

Don't mention it :) Only £10 though! Something tells me you aren't so sure.

Why protest against McLeish ?

Lerner appointed him

The players have let him down

Nice to meet you, you must be the new village idiot on here!

Why protest against McLeish? Pretty obvious why. He is not capable of performing his duties to a satisfactory level, even though his leaders believed so one year ago. The manager galvanizes the players, but he has not done so. Another manager will, the right one would have easily handled a better point tally and a better position in the table.

McLeish out, and perhaps forever from this league.

All fair points but Lerner will already know how the fans feel about McLeish. It goes right back to when he was first appointed and it has gone downhill from there with the team's results. Performances and results just haven't been acceptable and thats what any chairman will judge his manager on, not the fact that the fans have decided to protest!

so why has it taken so long to get rid of McLeish, why did he appoint him when he knew fans feelings, why didn't McLeish go earlier in the season or ten games ago or after the Bolton match??? Until he's gone I will still have my doubts that Lerner will let him go because of the reasons above......everything points to him going but everything pointed to him not being hired but Lerner hired him.

All fair points but Lerner will already know how the fans feel about McLeish.

Didn't stop him from hiring him though.. and this was without the protest.

No-one knew who the chairman was going to choose as our new manager, so your point is irrelevant and there was a protest i believe after news broke of McLeish's appointment!

Â