The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sensing alot of defence/love for Faulkner. But is this not the man who keeps defending McLeish and the one at the start of the season who was agreeing he was certainly the right choice and he will be good for the club???

His boss employed Mcleish. His boss has kept Mcleish all season. After a terrible season his boss is going to keep Mcleish as manager.

What do you want him to say?

Lerner is the one with the control and the power.

Im not sure you have any knowledge of business at director chairman level. Faulkner is Randy's number one. If Faulkner believed McLeish was not the man to take us forward, he and his staff could advise Randy with good evidence which we have, to relieve him of his role and im sure randy would have to listen. He is the money man he employs people to run the business as he see fit.

I.e, if Faulkner did'nt want McLeish here with reason, Randy would more than consider letting him go.

If Faulkner believed McLeish was not the man to take us forward, he and his staff could advise Randy with good evidence which we have, to relieve him of his role and im sure randy would have to listen.

How do you know he hasn't? And Lerner doesn't have to do anything.

If Lerner is happy with Mcleish then Faulkner is not going to say anything but positive things in the press. Seems silly to have a go at him for that.

I think Lerner is only interested in survival and wage cutting. Faulkner is probably performing the role he's been asked to do.

All the anger about the direction of the club should be aimed directly at one man.

How do you know he hasn't? And Lerner doesn't have to do anything.

If Lerner is happy with Mcleish then Faulkner is not going to say anything but positive things in the press. Seems silly to have a go at him for that.

I think Lerner is only interested in survival and wage cutting. Faulkner is probably performing the role he's been asked to do.

All the anger about the direction of the club should be aimed directly at one man.

This.

McLeish is doing exactly what Randy wants, therefor exactly what Faulkner wants. Which is fundamentally to lower the wage bill, then there will be a rebuild which will more then likely consist of a wage cap to make AVFC a self-sustainable business.

We just rolled over and took it up the rear at OT. Before someone says we were playing kids, it would have been exactly the same with our full squad fit and available.

Spot on, we did well against them last year when we played a lot of kids, had a go and got a 2-2 at home.

Please freshen things up Randy and bring in a new manager, McLeish and his little sidekick must go! Both are proven disasters.

Remember Martinez was Randy's first choice, and I think he would have been a decent appointment.

Nah - hes another houllier. granted at the moment anyone but AM looks decent. But Martinez couldn't and won't cut it at a big club

Yes he will, given time he will do very well at a big club.

I would give him the job and unlike those who slagged Houllier, give him the time to achieve it.

You cannot make an omellette without breaking a few eggs as AVB found out. The core of our club is wrotten right the way through and it needs drastic changes, not cosmetic panderings.

Thankfully, my decision not to renew coincided with MON leaving, so i've missed all this rubbish.

But that was not to be, and we are where we are. The only thing that we can pray for is that the next one is a footballing manager.

Fingers crossed, although the only two managers he's had to appoint, have been a disaster, third lucky then?

Three, he appointed O'Neill (but he didn't fire him :winkold: )

Deadly appointed O'Neill, Randy inherited him. Randy's appointments are KMac as interim, GH and AMc.

Randy was truely insane to employ McLeish this season. If he is not bothered about success this season or maybe next, he should have employed a manager who is going to devlelop the team over time, i.e Martinez. McLeish will not be able to develop the team, this is not the way he works. The only way he will make the team better is by spending money and to be honest I dont trust him do do that.

, i.e Martinez.

Well he did try to be fair.

He was running out of options for managers with "Premier League Experience"... He could have gone into the lower leagues and pick up an up and coming manager.... but I can see why he'd choose not too. Even though I think that would have been the better option.

, i.e Martinez.

He was running out of options for managers with "Premier League Experience"... He could have gone into the lower leagues and pick up an up and coming manager.... but I can see why he'd choose not too. Even though I think that would have been the better option.

Well he did go into the lower leagues (SHA were consigned to the Championship when McLeish left).

However, instead of bringing in an 'up and coming' manager he got a 'down and out' manager.

, i.e Martinez.

Well he did go into the lower leagues (SHA were consigned to the Championship when McLeish left).

However, instead of bringing in an 'up and coming' manager he got a 'down and out' manager.

Sorry, should have stated to go into the lower leagues and pick up a manager without premier league experience......

Christ not the Martinez debate again

I thought we'd put this one to bed

He's a championship manager punching above his weight in the bowels of the PL

If Martinez is a Championship manager then McLeish is a League 2 manager.

Actually, it doesn't matter what Martinez is. McLeish is a League 2 manager anyway.

Christ not the Martinez debate again

I thought we'd put this one to bed

He's a championship manager punching above his weight in the bowels of the PL

When you say "put this one to bed" you actually mean "people gave up arguing with my misguided opinion".

Â