The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Remember Martinez was Randy's first choice, and I think he would have been a decent appointment.

Nah - hes another houllier. granted at the moment anyone but AM looks decent. But Martinez couldn't and won't cut it at a big club

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

moyes was his first choice

mcleish was way down the list

Agreed and talking to my neighbour who is in football management the inside view was that our next manager would be Moyes.

How that morphed into McLeish **** knows.

Personally I lost all respect for Lerner when he made that appointment. It just proved to me that he and his monkey Paul Faulkner are completely out of touch with football. Well you reap what you sow and all that....

I believe that Randy needs to get out of the sports ownership completely. I am an American, and have the terrible luck of having Randy be the owner of two of the clubs that I love. I know for sure he has not been round Villa Park, because the NFL draft is on thursday where he will continue to run my beloved Cleveland Browns into oblivion, after that is done he will have a fire sell In Birmingham for the third straight year. Hold on hope for the future my friends for that is all we can do.

moyes was his first choice

mcleish was way down the list

Agreed and talking to my neighbour who is in football management the inside view was that our next manager would be Moyes.

How that morphed into McLeish **** knows.

Personally I lost all respect for Lerner when he made that appointment. It just proved to me that he and his monkey Paul Faulkner are completely out of touch with football. Well you reap what you sow and all that....

i genuinely think we panicked with the mcleish hire. we were knocked back by most people we went after due to the lack of budget that wouldve been available, and the fact that so many earners needed to be offloaded. chances are mcleish was the first person who said he'd take the job and we jumped at it after being shot down by so many before him

So the story goes... we did try for Moyes but it would have taken £7m to get him.

If it was as simple as that - for all his faults - I believe Randy would have paid.

I believe that as well. Lerner isn't a complete moron. He had a few decent choices for the manager but none were willing to take the job due to limited funds or they would have cost far too much. I still pray that we will survive this season, McLeish gets fired and Lerner hires Benitez.

jesus i would **** hate benitez to be our manager. it was bad enough having martin o'neill, who i hated long before he got the job with us, but benitez would be another universe of hatred for me. i genuinely cannot stand the guy

after today we have played 17 games at home and 17 away

we have won just 4 at home, drawing 6 and losing 7. we have scored 18 goals at VP and let in 22

away we have won 3, drawn 9 and lost 5. scoring 17 and conceding 26

that is pitiful. it is an eerily similar pattern to mcleishs time at SHA. lack of goals and wins, and too many draws.

If we keep him much longer the expectations will continue to drop and people will be happy just to stay up every year. It really is amazing that some people still defend him.

Winning does become a habit but so does losing. Most people who support other clubs keep commenting on what a poor team Villa have become but it seems to many of us are okay with it.

Nothing at all is going on and we just seem to hope that Randy is going to sack him but I really don't see that happening unless attendances drop dramatically or some mass protests happen. We as fans must do something.

Don't know if it was true, but didn't Quique Sanchez Flores want the job even after McLeish got it?

He did want the job.

but he was quoted as saying something along the lines of: "with a couple of additions (ie: new players) to the current squad, i would have them back in the top 6" (after we finished 9th).

we weren't going to keep the squad together and spend more adding to it, so that kind of ruled Flores out.

Blamed it on the refs again. What a word removed.

Incredible. The officials rescued a point for us today.

Well he admitted that the refereeing was in our favour today but also said that it balances out over a season and that so therefore we should have lots more refereeing decisions going for us as apparently the refs have been so hard on us this season.

If we keep him much longer the expectations will continue to drop and people will be happy just to stay up every year. It really is amazing that some people still defend him.

Winning does become a habit but so does losing. Most people who support other clubs keep commenting on what a poor team Villa have become but it seems to many of us are okay with it.

Nothing at all is going on and we just seem to hope that Randy is going to sack him but I really don't see that happening unless attendances drop dramatically or some mass protests happen. We as fans must do something.

Who's defending him?

after today we have played 17 games at home and 17 away

we have won just 4 at home, drawing 6 and losing 7. we have scored 18 goals at VP and let in 22

away we have won 3, drawn 9 and lost 5. scoring 17 and conceding 26

that is pitiful. it is an eerily similar pattern to mcleishs time at SHA. lack of goals and wins, and too many draws.

only wolves have won less games than us this season.

only wigan have scored less goals at home this season.

Who's defending him?

Ok, defending him is maybe an overstatement but there are people that accept him and say that we wouldn't have done any better (or even played better!) with some else at the helm.

Â