The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

In an ideal scenario, we'll be safe by the time we host Spurs, then we can really let rip

Theres too much riding on the Sunderland & Bolton games, but as I said previously, if these games start to go badly, events will take there natural cause anyway ie. 0-2 down to Sunderland, he takes Zog off for Heskey - Hell is unleashed

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so is anyone doing the banner :-

"Its not where your from - its where youre taking us '

to good to miss ?

Love this, but if it does happen, can we ensure that it's grammatically correct, i.e. apostrophes in "it's" and "you're", and you're instead of "your"

Don't want to re-enforce stereotypical image of the stupid Brummie.

nicked

McLeish out on tiwtter is aiming to do this.

"Hopefully if enough people donate, get 30,000 A4 flyers printed off and distributed to all sections of the ground."

You got their twitter details mate? I run a printing.com franchise so will see what deal I can do for them, and bung a few quid in the mix myself ;-)

It can be done. We filled VP with 20,000 pound signs at a Sunday match after having had the idea on the mailing list on Wednesday.

If everybody prints off a few dozen/score/hundred you can pass them around in the ground.

"Hopefully if enough people donate, get 30,000 A4 flyers printed off and distributed to all sections of the ground."

You got their twitter details mate? I run a printing.com franchise so will see what deal I can do for them, and bung a few quid in the mix myself ;-)

Twitter name is McLeish_Out mate.

For which game ?

Spurs game.

To late - we will either be safe and no one (well not enough) people will care.

If we are already down Mcleish will probably get axed anyway.

It really needs to start at the Sunderland game.

Nothing to stop the back turning and the chanting at the Sunderland game. Hope the crowd does something.

Any form of fan protest will only result in the media sympathizing more with AM. Look what happened at Blackburn and i wouldn't want to be associated with the way their fans treated their manager.

You also have to think about what sort of damage a full scale protest would do to attracting another manager to the club?

If the type of football and results don't improve next season, if we survive that is, then AM will be moved on soon enough.

And we wouldn't want to be branded 'Small Time' would we? Yes, let's wait until next season until it's too late. There's nothing like apathy!

Any form of fan protest will only result in the media sympathizing more with AM. Look what happened at Blackburn and i wouldn't want to be associated with the way their fans treated their manager.

You also have to think about what sort of damage a full scale protest would do to attracting another manager to the club?

If the type of football and results don't improve next season, if we survive that is, then AM will be moved on soon enough.

hmmm? that's a bit gay ain't it Morp!

And we wouldn't want to be branded 'Small Time' would we? Yes, let's wait until next season until it's too late. There's nothing like apathy!

I don't think we would be branded small time. We have a reputation for doing things right and as it is at the moment, the majority of managers we'd be interested in, would still come to us if AM was sacked by the board due to results not being good enough. However if there is a mass protest and he is sacked because of it, or the board is forced into doing it, what do you think AM will say? Probably something like 'the fans just wouldn't give me a chance.' Do you want to present that excuse to him on a plate?

Do you not think that protesting would also influence other managers accepting the job at our club? Ferguson would also have something to say and someone like Lambert wouldn't touch us with a barge pole if things turned nasty at our club. I have no doubt that AM will be sacked but let the friggin board do it and not we the fans.

Please explain?

I don't think we would be branded small time. We have a reputation for doing things right and as it is at the moment, the majority of managers we'd be interested in, would still come to us if AM was sacked by the board due to results not being good enough. However if there is a mass protest and he is sacked because of it, or the board is forced into doing it, what do you think AM will say? Probably something like 'the fans just wouldn't give me a chance.' Do you want to present that excuse to him on a plate?

I don't think any football fans are that blind to think he did'nt have a chance. I mean results talk and they are more than proof to prove McLeish has just not been good enough!

Please explain?

So lets all be good boys and wait????

NO! Lets go all out protesting from the Sunderland game. Who cares what the media think, its the fans and fans of other clubs who no the score, he's shit and needs to go!

Fat Spanish Waiter is the answer to solve all problems with us at the momment.

Shame it won't happen though cuz Lerner enjoys failure... Clearly.

Because i'm sure he's absolutely desperate to come to AVFC in a wage reduction exercise???

But if we the fans protest, which will be highlighted in the media, then the headlines will be McLeish forced out by Villa fans rather than just McLeish sacked! It is the perception that will hurt the club the most and may very well influence other managers in taking the job here. After two poor appointments by the board i do not want a third because our main targets simply won't come here due to the way McLeish was treated by us.

But if we the fans protest, which will be highlighted in the media, then the headlines will be McLeish forced out by Villa fans rather than just McLeish sacked! It is the perception that will hurt the club the most and may very well influence other managers in taking the job here. After two poor appointments by the board i do not want a third because our main targets simply won't come here due to the way McLeish was treated by us.

I understand what you're saying. But if there's no protests or fan pressure then maybe Randy will just not ever sack him? (FWIW I don't think any kind of protests will change Randys opinion at all)

Do you not think that protesting would also influence other managers accepting the job at our club? Ferguson would also have something to say and someone like Lambert wouldn't touch us with a barge pole if things turned nasty at our club. I have no doubt that AM will be sacked but let the friggin board do it and not we the fans.

Do you think the Board are capable of making a logical and sensible decision without any influence from the fans?

Do you think other managers have such high morals and principles that they wouldn't be lured by a multi £million salary?

To be honest, I don't give a toss what Alex McLeish says. Everything that has come out of his mouth since last summer has been complete bollocks.

Â