The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

I actually think the silence coming from the US may be a good thing. No backing of the manager.

Lerner possibly realises he's dropped a major bollock and things will be sorted after the final game, hopefully before.

I would remove him now and just put KMac/Sid in until the end of the season.

By doing that alone the whole club would get a lift

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am hearing rumours that the Holman deal isn't as watertight as we are lead to beleive. No pre contract has been signed - obviously the announcement of this deal - lead us all to beleive that AM would be here next season. If as it now seems this was just an informal agreement - it wouldn't appear to secure Mcleishs position at all.

We can only hope.

I certainly don't think he's be playing for us if we were relegated. No pre-contract signed at all would be incredibly poor stuff though, I think even our board is smarter than that. Surely.

Holman has signed a pre-contract! I'dbe very surprised if it wasn't a done deal! I think priority is to get safe as quick as possible, So against Spurs I think it should turn into a McLeish out day. Lap of shame, we show them exactly how we feel. I just think we need to get behind the boys the next two games, get us safe, then vent our fury on McLeish, board you name it!

Has he ? - all I can find is agreed to join ?

I really reckon Mcleish is on dodgy ground now.

I dont see how you can keep him as manager, i really dont. No cup run, flirting with relegation, worst season in the Prem, lowest gates, unhappy fans etc etc.

The important thing for me is that he hasnt been publically backed by the board. Fingers crossed.

I dont see how you can keep him as manager, i really dont. No cup run, flirting with relegation, worst season in the Prem, lowest gates, unhappy fans etc etc.

The important thing for me is that he hasnt been publically backed by the board. Fingers crossed.

I think the Holman deal was his vote of confidence. Thats why I am quite excited that it appears only to be loose agreement - that the club can get out of if we change manager.

I think the Holman deal was his vote of confidence. Thats why I am quite excited that it appears only to be loose agreement - that the club can get out of if we change manager.

Is he actually any better than what we already have?

Is he actually any better than what we already have?

His wikki entry is very patchy.

Why would they do that this board has already shown its happy to buy players without a manager.

Why would they do that this board has already shown its happy to buy players without a manager.

Maybe along the lines of...

"Yes we agree to sign Holman for you, as long as you keep us in the league/do a decent job. If you dont, your gone and the deal is off"

that was the EXACT minute i stopped trusting Lerner. Buying and selling without a manager.

On the 19 minute mark we show our support for Stan. On the on the 74 minute mark (to honour the year of our founding) we should all turn our backs on the pitch and call for Mc***** to be dismissed. This should be repeated every game until he is gone.

I think getting the fans to turn around for a minute is a good idea. Whether it#s possible to get everyone on board, im not sure.

Just start the chant 'Turn round, if you hate McLeish' or 'Turn round, if you want him sacked' to the tune of 'Stand Up if you love Villa'.

Pretty sure it'll catch on.

I love this idea. Can we get it to catch on? Perhaps as he walks to the dugout before the game?

Do people actually "hate" him tho? I certainly dont, at the end of the day he has done nothing wrong and certainly nothing to offend me. He's just not a very good manager.

This. As a person I'm sure he's a nice guy, if not a little hasty to spout bollocks.

As a manager he's crap and should be removed from our club ASAP.

Do people actually "hate" him tho? I certainly dont, at the end of the day he has done nothing wrong and certainly nothing to offend me. He's just not a very good manager.
I do, which doesn't make me much of a human being i know but I do hate him now.....tactics, interviews and team selections just annoyed me, irritated me but week after week of this that I do hate him for being at my club

he has done nothing wrong?

have you watched villa this season?

done nothing to offend you?

i will take it the first answer is a no then.

i cant personally stand him for what he has done to something i love

Â