The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

They couldn't even get a draw for stab... beaten by a side superior to ours and again showing their relegation standard..

Cheerio villa I feel for fans as its not what they deserve but sadly Lerner doesn't care about that. If he did he wouldn't of hired that ginger useless overpaid word removed in the first place

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know McLeish isnt doing great but is it his fault the only senior players available are Given, Collins, Warnock, Ireland, Gabby, Heskey and Guzan. 2 of them are goalkeepers and Heskey, Collins and Warnock I would sell if could

I know McLeish isnt doing great but is it his fault the only senior players available are Given, Collins, Warnock, Ireland, Gabby, Heskey and Guzan. 2 of them are goalkeepers and Heskey, Collins and Warnock I would sell if could
But this is the point, some are just looking at one game in isolation whereas you should be looking over the season and given the quality we do have when players have been fit we should be further up the league and not the danger we are in now. You are always going to get injuries and unfortunately we are struggling at the worst time but when we haven't been struggling with injuries we never took advantage, to be fair we weren't even trying most of time. This has come back to bite us.

I appreciate there are some over the top posts on here and in the match thread, ably argued with just as many over the top posts in McLeishes defence by the usual people. Looking at this in the cold light of day, there is still no defence of the man.

I posted in the match thread that the team named would perform based on the tactics and game plan they were given. I suspected that would be negative and wasnt disappointed. We dropped deep as soon as we lost the ball and failed to press higher up the pitch in numbers. Not only did that mean those who were pressing high were chasing shadows, it also meant that there were gaping holes in the midfield. That has been common place this season and still not addressed.

Defending from corners, need I say more? It was embarrassing for both goals how easily we were dissected by a simple flick on. That is schoolboy stuff and the way the players stood staring at each other after each event suggests they didnt know who was supposed to be marking who.

Formation. Why on earth we switched from a 4-5-1 to a 4-4-2 and then dropped any wingers we had available is beyond me. 442 is reliant on wingers getting up and down, Gardner did OK but Bannan looked lost. It was crying out for Albrighton right from the start. With what was available, we should have started with a 4-5-1 with Gardner, Herd and Bannan in the middle and Ireland as the link man.

Wingers. I appreciate that Albrighton put in some terrific balls when he came on, but I have to ask why McLeish persists on playing wingers on the wrong wings. Albrightons strength is putting the ball into dangerous areas early, by being thrown onto the wrong wing it is negating part of that threat and as a defender, you now the ball is likely to come in diagonally towards the far post. Put wingers on the right wings and let them attack the full backs and turn the defence, stop playing in front of the defence all the time which lacks penetration.

I was pleased to see the kids given a game and contrary to some on here, I think there were positive signs that showed the talent is there. Unsuprisingly though, I think there is a real danger that talent will either be lost via mismanagement (Albrighton) or sold to bring in more industrious and compliant players to suit McLeishes style (if you can call it that) of play.

Either way, it would be a travesty as this is the best generation of kids we have had for a while. I would love to see what they could do under a Martinez, Rogers, Poyet or Adkins.

I just knew it couldn't go a page or two without someone mentioning Martinez / Rodgers etc etc

This seasons Owen Coyle

You keep saying this, but it seems you're the only one with this opinion.

Coyle, Martinez and Rodgers are all great managers as far as i'm concerned. Coyle has has tough year but it looks as if they're going to pull through now.

I agree with a lot that Macandally says in that long post. My Brother and I kept moaning about us being too deep yesterday and shouting for the team to push up. It has been the same all season and I can't see it ever changing with McLeish in charge.

I also agree with the part about not playing wingers. Gabby down the left and Albrighton on the right a middle three of Herd, Gardner and Ireland would have been much better for us and we would probably have carried a more attacking threat, just like we did when Albrighton came on.

The set piece defending is a farce. Collins and Lichaj were having a go at each other after the 3rd goal and you can almost see that the guys don't know what they are doing. Trouble is, Stoke, Bolton, Sunderland etc will know of this weakness and will have a field day!

12 months ago this club needed a winner. Somebody everyone could respect, look up to, get behind and trust.

We appointed Alex McLeish.

We now still need a winner. Somebody to unite and excite. Someone with a proven record of achieving.

There are so many more managers I would rather have that McLeish right now and some of the names I never thought I would have had at Villa

Emery, Benitez, Curbishley, Hoddle, McCarthy, Martinez, Gregory, Rogers, Adkins, McDermott to name a few.

But For me Lambert remains the ideal candidate.

If we go down I just cringe at the thought of the dog shit footballers McLeish will bring in. A team full of Shaun Derry type players and Clinton Morrisons. No thanks.

Yeah, If we go down we need someone who knows how to rebuild a squad. Hughton would be ideal as much as it pains me to say.

If we go down with Wigan we should try get Martinez again.

I can't see Rogers wanting to leave Swansea, why would he to come here?

Martinez ? WTF ?? We are villa not wigan or Swansea

No, but what you fail to understand is that they are playing better football than us, defend better than us, keep possession better than us, pass the ball better than us, attack more coherently as a team than us, defend as a team better than us........................do you get the picture.

Villa at the moment are not going to win the league, get into the UEFA places or win a cup. We are poor tactically, positionally and organisationally.

Now is the time to build for the future, with a manager who understands modern coaching and can implement a plan so that we can compete in the future. It will take time, but it is better than lurching from one managerial appointment to the other.

You are slating managers who could do this in preference to your proposed solution, Sam bloody Allerdyce!! This is of course, once you had finally realised (and it took a long time) that McLeish is gash. So excuse me if I treat your opinion with the disdain it deserves and remain hopeful that you will eventually wake up and see past the end of your nose.

Hang on, is this the Swansea that got easily rolled over by everton at home last week

As for Wigan, they are just awful as seen in our recent game there (don't suppose you went Macandally)

Â