The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, I don"t think we will be changing our manager anytime soon

A couple of months ago I would have agreed with you. Today I am not so sure.

What makes you say that ?

I wish I was that optomistick, dont forget Lerner has had to pay MON off and he wants to cut costs so I cant see him paying McStupid off.

I think that the manager's position is becoming untenable.

An element of our support have been on his back from day one, because of where he came from, but he did know what he was getting himself into.

I have never bought the "no money" thing. He, like Houllier, has had plenty of money to spend, if you look at it in isolation, rather than comparing it with the squillions that the Messiah had at his disposal. Besides that a manager takes a job to manage the players at his disposal, not to come in and replace a whole team.

But my biggest sense of disquiet is that he has sent our team out against an out of sorts Manure and Citee, and a positively crap Liverpool, with the belief that they can't win, something that he repeated at Arsenal last week. Much as I dislike the Messiah, he would never have done that.

Saturday is a watershed for me. If we lie down from the first minute, then I think that he may as well be kicked out straight away. Either way, I cannot see him being here for the start of next season.

And I am someone who wanted to give him a chance.....

Don't forget the shambolic performance and formation at Spurs. I think we'll lose on Saturday but it won't be as pathetic as the games mentioned above. We may even have a couple of shots on target.

Unfortunately I think he will be here next season. I don't think there is much doubt about it if you look at in all honesty. The best we can hope for is either

a)He some how turns it around - I was all up for giving him a chance and but he has shown no signs of this at all he is capable of doing this.

b)Its still as utterly dreadful next season and he's gone by Christmas. - at the moment this is what I can see happening.

Have you guys forgotten Chelseas poor record at Villa Park. From 1999 to present day, 1 win. :shock:

Soon to be 2 :lol:

McCleish "Cmon lads I want a 0-0 draw today, but if it ends up 0-1 or 0-2 thats still a good result, 0-3 would be satisfactory and if we let 4 or more in that would be considered poor"

Have you guys forgotten Chelseas poor record at Villa Park. From 1999 to present day, 1 win. :shock:

McCleish "Cmon lads I want a 0-0 draw today, but if it ends up 0-1 or 0-2 thats still a good result, 0-3 would be satisfactory and if we let 4 or more in that would be considered poor"

Now come on Si, you and I both know that McLeish's teamtalk is going to be just like this. Verbatim.

http://youtu.be/R9CD7uj2TL0

Unfortunately, it will be followed-up by, "Now, when you're over the halfway line however, you should be scared as you're in their back yard...."

:(

Meh we'll probably end up somehow scraping a lucky draw and then everyone can come out the woodwork again talking about "turning the corner" and "giving him a fair chance". :bonk:

The articles in the paper about the USA tour and Ian Taylor's little corporate lapdog rallying piece have really hit it home all the more that he's going nowhere.

Come Saturday win/lose/draw I'll merely observe and move on, any emotional attachment to this team has long since been eroded away by the mythical one.

Just to prove it's not only Villa fans that can see how poor a manager he is.

Manchester United fan - For the club's sake, Mcleish should get out now, and let the care-taker take in charge until the end of the season. Surely no more worse will come to that and should they stay up, i think hiring AVB is a good option. The club has so many young talent, AVB will fit right in and polish them into stars. Plus i think after chelsea, AVB is hoping to prove something! Cheers

Celtic fan - I saw that Big Eck was the 20th highest paid manager in the world on another blog earlier today and couldn't believe my eyes. How much will it cost Aston Villa to sack McLeish? Are they stuck with him due to his contract or would there perhaps be a clause in it if he does not achieve certain goals?

Liverpool fan - i thought this was an april fools joke then realised we are a few days off yet. SHOCKING!!! villa deserve better than this. get rid of him and give the money to someone that deserves it!

Chelsea fan - It is shocking here to know that McLeish is the 20th highest-paid manager in the world. He hasn't achieved anything big, except with Rangers in a two-horses league all the time. I think that Villa's mistake is to appoint him.

Small Heath fan - A point raised here is that there is no plan B. We got relegated TWICE under him when a more postitive approach to games against teams in the "bottom mini leegue" would probably have resulted in survival. Instead he tried to draw his way out of it - its a risky strategy & difficult on the eye as Villa fans can testify to. Before i hear the cries of he won you a cup & you finished 9th ya un grateful ... Well in finishing 9th almost all commented 'how are they (we) doing this' As for the cup - the reality was that he Tactically got it right in the final & very tight calls in the others. He is (maybe was) the darling of the broadsheets for some reason.

Arsenal fan - knifes out for McLeish...where are the Villains...I have to say I am generally surprised how far they have fallen as they do still have potential match winners in areas of the pitch...as for his tactics...what tactics...he was the same in Scotland with Hibs and Rangers...absolute boring football...20th best paid manager in the world...and he always manages to get the sack in FM2012

Spurs fan - Silly appointment in the first place, and a pity to see a club that used to be our rivals drop down so far. Not sure what Lerner was thinking, let alone paying him that much. Villa had a good thing in O'Neill, but it looks like managers have little say in club matters these days

Milwall fan - I can't believe that to be true about his wages, and if it is I'm absolutely gobsmacked. Aston Villa is a great football club and they dropped a huge clanger bringing in Big Eck. After going for Houllier before that I have to say that the Board at Aston Villa are so far out of touch with reality it's ridiculous. They should have pushed for Rafa Benitez but I think he didn't want to go because he knew there would not be enough money to spend on players. McLeish hasn't been able to spend massive amounts, I guess because of his predecessor's outlay on Darren Bent. However, his major gamble N'Zogbia could still come good but I agree that they need to look elsewhere for a coach but on a contract like that it'll be a huge payoff.

What is it going to take for this guy to get the bloody sack? Keeps job if we finish 15th? Keeps job if we finish 17th? I seriously hope he is gone sooner rather than later. I've tried to support him many times throughout the season, then he goes and does something that makes that support of him impossible.

Birdistheword, have you been on TeamTalk by any chance :)?

What is it going to take for this guy to get the bloody sack? Keeps job if we finish 15th? Keeps job if we finish 17th? I seriously hope he is gone sooner rather than later. I've tried to support him many times throughout the season, then he goes and does something that makes that support of him impossible.

Birdistheword, have you been on TeamTalk by any chance :)?

:detect: It was quicker than going round their message boards :lol:

Mcleish would never say that.

He would start by saying "now lads we are playing an elite club today. Be sure you make sure to swap shirts at the end of the match, you have to make the most of being even on the pitch against clubs like this. As for the result, well you have no chance obviously so dont even bother trying"

Have you forgot our poor home record against anyone at all this year ? also take into account that Chelski are a elite team and you come up with this. We won"t even try to win, all we will do is try to keep the score below 0-5

McStupid thinks the players need a visa to cross the half way line

Have you forgot our poor home record against anyone at all this year ? also take into account that Chelski are a elite team and you come up with this. We won"t even try to win, all we will do is try to keep the score below 0-5

McStupid thinks the players need a visa to cross the half way line

I actually think this game will be a draw.This is the poorest team they have sent to villa park for about a decade. But yeah i know about our extremely poor home record.

The 2M salary, 20th highest paid manager in football should surely put to bed any last lingering thoughts that MON was behind the ridiculous wages paid by the club, unless of course it was MOn who negotiated Mcleishs salary? No. MON has gone but ludicorus spending on wages remains. There is a reason for that

Â