The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt even watch the game this morning...

Its so easy to type that aswell...Weird. Villa is pretty much my whole life and yet the man who manages us has completely sucked the life out of the club, the players and the fans. Its difficult to fully comprehend how much affect one man can have on the club. He's also being paid millions to do this.

Its bewildering. Every man and his dog knew villa would be in this situation if Mcleish was hired. Have you ever seen 1000 fans turn up and chant on the steps of the ground against the appointment of a manager? To deface club property before a man is even hired?

And yet...they still go and hire him?

Is this some sort of joke?

Is my worst nightmare being played out in front of my very eyes?

Aston Villa is being destroyed by this man. The man above him. And the man above him.

Its a ****' farce.

Facts I'm afraid. After that showing (treatment of Houllier) Rafa would never come here.

He would never come here anyway. Benitez is looking for a club who will have a say in the title race, not on that is barely treading water.

I want him gone believe, but even if he does get the bullet, will we ever forgive our board for appointing him.

Does anyone beieve he has been appointed for short term, to lower the finances ready for sale. This is the rumour. Surely there must be a method in this insane appointment by the board. Otherwise they must have seriously no idea of football and be the crazy ones.

Its so easy to type that aswell...Weird. Villa is pretty much my whole life and yet the man who manages us has completely sucked the life out of the club, the players and the fans. Its difficult to fully comprehend how much affect one man can have on the club. He's also being paid millions to do this.

Its bewildering. Every man and his dog knew villa would be in this situation if Mcleish was hired. Have you ever seen 1000 fans turn up and chant on the steps of the ground against the appointment of a manager? To deface club property before a man is even hired?

Aston Villa is being destroyed by this man. The man above him. And the man above him.

Its a ****' farce.

I agree it almost defies belief that it happened in the first place, hence lots of people losing money in the summer when he was appointed. A Liverpool fan once told me anything is possible with American owners, that has proven to be true.

Its a ****' farce.

I agree it almost defies belief that it happened in the first place, hence lots of people losing money in the summer when he was appointed. A Liverpool fan once told me anything is possible with American owners, that has proven to be true.

FFS nationality has nothing to do with it.

"You can come here and lose but we're disappointed in the manner we lost the first two goals - they were definitely preventable.

"We got in about them in the second half and Andy [Weimann] had a fine chance, but we didn't get that goal and Arteta wrapped it up.

"It's Arsenal we were playing, don't forget - one of the elite clubs.

"We did lay plans to try and win the game and definitely had the power and team to get goals, but the early goals nailed us."

More of a question...As i didnt watch the match...but is this a fair reflection?

Did we try and win the game?

Did we get amongst them?

Its nice of him to remind us we were playing Arsenal though. The same Elite club we played off the park at the end of the last season.

This man is insane.

If he sells Bent in the summer, for me this will be the final straw. I will attend any protest or campaign out there. Who thinks the same.

Theres no point keeping him anyway, he gets no service, may aswell cash in and let AM piss the money up the wall.

I thought AM deserved a chance to sort the side out in the summer, but i'll now add my name to the already massive list of people that want him gone, and Lerner, who despite having done a lot of good for the club, can go with him - he may have some money, but its useless in the wrong hands, which is probably where it would end up based on his last 2 managerial appointments.

I've not been down to VP since MON left, and got letter in the week about a season ticket - straight in the bin.

"You can come here and lose but we're disappointed in the manner we lost the first two goals - they were definitely preventable.

"We got in about them in the second half and Andy [Weimann] had a fine chance, but we didn't get that goal and Arteta wrapped it up.

"It's Arsenal we were playing, don't forget - one of the elite clubs.

"We did lay plans to try and win the game and definitely had the power and team to get goals, but the early goals nailed us."

More of a question...As i didnt watch the match...but is this a fair reflection?

Did we try and win the game?

Did we get amongst them?

Its nice of him to remind us we were playing Arsenal though. The same Elite club we played off the park at the end of the last season.

This man is insane.

in my view the answers to your questions are

1.Not at all

2.No we never looked like we were trying to win even from the start

3.Very much not, they had far too much space and got past us far too easily

I don't know how randy has managed it but the majority just seem to accept the shit served up to them at the moment.

IMO randy is worse than doug and its pointless to keep moaning about mcleish. The focus needs to be on our shocking owner.

I don't know how randy has managed it but the majority just seem to accept the shit served up to them at the moment.

IMO randy is worse than doug and its pointless to keep moaning about mcleish. The focus needs to be on our shocking owner.

I understand and for the most part agree with your anger at Randy but you're making it sound like he's actually managing the team. At least give McLeish the stick he deserves as well. Randy appointed him so it partly responsible for the shit served up by McLeish but at the same time it's McLeish that's actually setting us up so negatively.

Mcleish deserves all the stick in the world.

But at the end of the day he was given the job by randy. The same bloke who hired houllier.

Mcleish isn't going anywhere so i'm bored of focusing my negativity on him.

Mcleish is a problem but that can be fixed. Randy is a major **** issue at this club.

I seriously don't know how he gets away with it.

Look at the browns, look at the last 18 months here. The bloke is a **** cancer on sports teams and we need to get rid.

We thought he was a saint because he replaced doug but really he's just a **** up with a large bank account.

Money isn't enough to compete with spurs and man city so having someone like lerner in charge won't see us doing anything competitive in the league.

Hopefully this stupid word removed will **** off soon and concentrate on just making the people of cleveland upset.

The guy has to be one of the biggest failures in sports ownership history and yet some will still defend him for strange reasons.

Why would you focus on individual results?

We've had over 18 months of pure shit and its all down to the stupid owner and his shocking decisions.

There is no point focusing just on mcleish. Is lerner going to sack him? Is he going to replace him with someone better? Put in place a long term plan to make the club competitive?

Mcleish deserves all the stick in the world.

But at the end of the day he was given the job by randy. The same bloke who hired houllier.

Mcleish isn't going anywhere so i'm bored of focusing my negativity on him.

Mcleish is a problem but that can be fixed. Randy is a major **** issue at this club.

I seriously don't know how he gets away with it.

Look at the browns, look at the last 18 months here. The bloke is a **** cancer on sports teams and we need to get rid.

We thought he was a saint because he replaced doug but really he's just a **** up with a large bank account.

Money isn't enough to compete with spurs and man city so having someone like lerner in charge won't see us doing anything competitive in the league.

Hopefully this stupid word removed will **** off soon and concentrate on just making the people of cleveland upset.

The guy has to be one of the biggest failures in sports ownership history and yet some will still defend him for strange reasons.

I want to shake your hand. Thank god someone else can see the bigger picture. I cannot comprehend the viewpoint of countless Villa fans who still in some vastly misguided way think Randy has been good for this club. What has he actually achieved? Absolutely nothing, bar a few aethetic changes designed to appease fans. He is a coward, a spin doctor and liability, plain and simple.

I really hope he manages to sell to someone reliable in the not too distant future. He has drained the positivity from the fans and the club by his monstrously bad decision in appointing Alex McLeish. The appointment before that was almost as bad (GH) - and as for his use of money - just don't get me started. It's a joke to be honest how much money he has pissed up the wall from his father's inheritance. I bet he's turning in his grave.

Â