The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

I'd prefer to see Bruce come in tbh. At least we know he would design his plan to involve Bent as a goalscorer and not a weak battering ram.

My first choice would still be Lambert from Norwich, but I am really worried that Big Eck is going nowhere :(

He want be going anywhere, I think Lerner has him down as a long term Fergie type appointment. There can be no other reason as far as I know.

I am sick of it all tbh but looking at the fixtures left I am clinging to the hope that we will just click at some point. We did play some nice stuff now and again in the last game and if I am honest any other Villa manager would have got away with "unlucky".

We have the players who have been through a few tactical changes over the last few years so maybe like a troubled teenager we are about to come out of this in not too bad a shape come end May. I really am trying to lift myself more than anything but it's not as bad as some think. I have seen a lot worse football down the Villa I know that much.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AVB will go to Inter if not now then in the summer.

As for us id take any person in the world (bar Avram Grant) other than McLeish as manager for the rest of the season. Id rather have Katie Price or Frank Bruno coach us than watch the same scared hesitant excuse for football McLeish serves up every week.

HAHA love it

AVB !

Katie Price or Bruno would do a much better job to.

We shouldn't go for Van Gaal. I had him as an assistant on Football Manager 2012 and he was gash

WTF ? Urrrrm this is real life ? Not football manager !! Good god

Have you not heard the stories?

Its been known for people to hire out a coach and sit in the front seat wearing a suit and actually simulate the coach trip to wembley for a cup final while playing FM with a laptop on their lap

We shouldn't go for Van Gaal. I had him as an assistant on Football Manager 2012 and he was gash

WTF ? Urrrrm this is real life ? Not football manager !! Good god

hook-line-sinker.gif

If we were looking at the championship I'd go for This chap

Absolutely with you on this one, before he starts getting too much press and is difficult to get in.

Also has the great chant of

'Who needs Maurinho, when we've got the physio.'

On any forum thats the funniest shit ever !!

I had Loui Van Gaal as my assistant on Football Manager and he was gash !!!

PMSL QUALITY..

Ahhhh well if i fail with Alex Ferguson by my side it must mean he's gash to all because FOOTBALL MANAGER says so lmao

I honestly think if we fail to make the 40 points total then Randy will sack him.

Be careful what we wish for however. The Villa job was much more attractive 12mths ago and we ended up getting turned down by Martinez and then opting for McLeish! I live in fear of them giving Bruce the job!

Realistically we would be looking to the Championship, SPL or raiding Norwich or Swansea.

Personally given the financial constraints and the makeup of our squad I think Ian Holloway would be worth a punt regardless of previous indiscretions.

Even though he called us a" half arsed club that used to be famous"?

If we were picking from the Championship it would be Mckay or McDermott for me.

I like McDermott but he would be a bigger risk.

Holloway has Prem experience and he will have learnt from that.

He has managed to regroup from relegation , despite the subsequent loss of their best players and serious budget constraints, and mount a promotion challenge. Most importantly he has achieved this by continuing to play attractive attacking football.

I don’t care what he called us. I don’t like the way he goes on but I like the football his teams play and would gladly listen to all his interviews in exchange for Villa playing his brand of football.

And what’s more I would love to see what he could do with our current players.

Holloway pissed me off when he said that but to be honest he has a point. We are half-arsed, look at what our owner and CEO have done to us this season. Look how bothered they are about our current state.

I would happily take any of Howe, Holloway or Adkins over McLeish.

I honestly think if we fail to make the 40 points total then Randy will sack him.

Be careful what we wish for however. The Villa job was much more attractive 12mths ago and we ended up getting turned down by Martinez and then opting for McLeish! I live in fear of them giving Bruce the job!

Realistically we would be looking to the Championship, SPL or raiding Norwich or Swansea.

Personally given the financial constraints and the makeup of our squad I think Ian Holloway would be worth a punt regardless of previous indiscretions.

He has managed to regroup from relegation , despite the subsequent loss of their best players and serious budget constraints, and mount a promotion challenge. Most importantly he has achieved this by continuing to play attractive attacking football.

I don’t care what he called us. I don’t like the way he goes on but I like the football his teams play and would gladly listen to all his interviews in exchange for Villa playing his brand of football.

Im sure of one thing if Aston Villa FC are relegated they will simple do a Leeds or Sheffield Wednesday and vanish like a stone in the water.

It won't be a Newcastle as they simply do not have the funds they do despite Lerner's cash.

Lerner would of deserved it though for his stupidity in the last year and the P.A bollocks at the start.

i would love Holloway. Fantastic Manager and good for a laugh

What?

Can you please explain to me how he is any better than Mcliesh and what your indeed basing this on?

Then should you pass that (which I very much doubt it) can you tell me what your basing it on that hes a fantastic manager?

Shite manager, total arsehole

i would love Holloway. Fantastic Manager and good for a laugh

What?

Can you please explain to me how he is any better than Mcliesh and what your indeed basing this on?

Then should you pass that (which I very much doubt it) can you tell me what your basing it on that hes a fantastic manager?

Shite manager, total arsehole

Agreed

Holloway pissed me off when he said that but to be honest he has a point. We are half-arsed, look at what our owner and CEO have done to us this season. Look how bothered they are about our current state.

I would happily take any of Howe, Holloway or Adkins over McLeish.

Maybe so but he showed a lack of class and professionalism when he said it. He acted like a spoilt child.

Anyway it is probably irrelevant as I am sure due to the fact we are so "half arsed" if we approached him to be our manager he would turn us down flat!

.....or not!

Howe is a good shout too. There is Robinson at the MK Dons too. Although the issue with the young ones is them going up against the egos of premier league players.

Brendan Rodgers would be my choice.

Good style of football and has got alot of potential IMO.

Would he leave Swansea for us though? Its a question you have got to ask. How low we have fallen :oops:

Â