The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We pay compensation to our rivals to hire a manager destined to fail.

While worrying about relegation we can't afford to sack this manager because we've just spent £12 million paying off others.

I can't stand Mcleish but all the blame and all the anger must be directed to the board.

How is Randy entirely to blame? He made a shit appointment but surely McLeish but also share some of the blame for being shit?

I don't know how anybody can only blame one party for this mess. They're both to blame. Fact.

McLeish: Not many could do better

Aston Villa boss Alex McLeish has defiantly claimed that few other managers could do a better job than him at Villa Park, and he has heaped the pressure firmly on the shoulders of Gabriel Agbonlahor to ensure the club avoids relegation this season.

Villa are in the midst of a tortuous campaign, currently sitting 15th in the Premier League - eight points above the bottom three. A 0-0 draw with bottom club Wigan last time out hardly helped the cause, making it two wins from their last 11 in the league.

McLeish was always facing an uphill task when he took the reins at Villa, having previously managed local rivals Birmingham. However, he is convinced the current criticism coming from the fans is both unhelpful and unnecessary.

"This is probably my biggest test in football and I include Rangers in that, when you're expected to win every week," McLeish said in the Daily Mirror. "I've not got a magic wand and I don't think there are a lot of managers who could do a lot better than the job I am doing just now.

"I'd be lying if I said it [the criticism] didn't bother me and it was easy to handle and there was no pressure whatever. That would be total fabrication but I believe I'm strong enough and I've got the experience to handle it.

"It would be a major disappointment if the fans were to affect the players. We are in the business of results and we need to get them."

Key to that mission, in McLeish's eyes, is Agbonlahor. The England man began the season on fire but has not scored a league goal since November, and in the absence of Darren Bent and Robbie Keane, McLeish wants his striker to step up.

"There is again a big responsibility on Gabby. He is now one of the senior players here in terms of Aston Villa history," McLeish said. "He is man and boy Villa. I think this season Gabby has risen to the expectation levels and I believe he can take it to another level.

"Losing Darren, Keane and Richard Dunne is just something you can't legislate for. That's a huge blow to any team, losing three players of that experience, but I believe we've got the players who can see us okay for this season and we've got to build next season.

"I've always said this season would be a tough challenge and that's the way it has panned out. Now we have to stop feeling sorry for ourselves and get the Gabby Agbonlahors and Stephen Irelands of this world really coming to the fore."

what a word removed. he spouts more crap than anyone i know. love the last bit where he goes on about gabby and Ireland coming yo the fore.

If he wants that to happen then STOP PLAYING GABBY ON THE WING AND DON'T LEAVE IRELAND ON THE BENCH U DOZY GINGER PRAT!

At least the media know it's not about where he came from now:

Aston Villa are experiencing challenges off and on the pitch. The team have picked up just two points from a possible 12 in the Premier League and the club announced losses of £53.9m for the financial year 2010-11. Alex McLeish continues to frustrate a section of supporters with his tactics and with the side currently 15th in the table, they are in danger of slipping into the relegation dogfight. Blackburn Rovers are their opponents and Steve Kean's men will surely be more expansive than they were during the 3-0 defeat at Manchester City. Another protest against Kean's management will precede Saturday's match.

While worrying about relegation we can't afford to sack this manager because we've just spent £12 million paying off others.

I can't stand Mcleish but all the blame and all the anger must be directed to the board.

How is Randy entirely to blame? He made a shit appointment but surely McLeish but also share some of the blame for being shit?

I don't know how anybody can only blame one party for this mess. They're both to blame. Fact.

Randy has to take some of the blame for MoN leaving and we ended up paying him money.

Randy takes 100% of the blame for hiring houllier, the poor season it led to and again the huge amount of money paid off to a guy with serious health issues.

Randy then takes 100% of the blame for paying more money for a manager that was always going to fail or at best hold on for one season before the fans turned.

The fact is we are losing money, have spent £12 million paying off his last two mistakes and more than likely can't afford to sack one of the worst managers we've had. Mcleish is pure shit but at the end of the day all he did was accept a high paying job, you can't blame him or have a go at him for that.

Because of the way Lerner has run this club we are stuck with Mcleish and ambitions that would make a stoke city fan depressed.

It all comes down to the top man making decisions and Lerner has failed massively in yet another major sport.

Randy has to take some of the blame for MoN leaving and we ended up paying him money.

Randy takes 100% of the blame for hiring houllier, the poor season it led to and again the huge amount of money paid off to a guy with serious health issues.

Randy then takes 100% of the blame for paying more money for a manager that was always going to fail or at best hold on for one season before the fans turned.

The fact is we are losing money, have spent £12 million paying off his last two mistakes and more than likely can't afford to sack one of the worst managers we've had. Mcleish is pure shit but at the end of the day all he did was accept a high paying job, you can't blame him or have a go at him for that.

Because of the way Lerner has run this club we are stuck with Mcleish and ambitions that would make a stoke city fan depressed.

It all comes down to the top man making decisions and Lerner has failed massively in yet another major sport.

Surely then Randy should also get the credit for anything good that MON did?

I agree that Randy is to blame for appointing McLeish but it's absolutely ridiculous to blame him 100% for McLeish's failures.

I agree that Randy is to blame for appointing McLeish but it's absolutely ridiculous to blame him 100% for McLeish's failures.

I'll give him credit for some of the good things under MoN but ultimately the poor way he ran the club resulted in MoN leaving and 2 whole seasons of absolute shit so it's hard to really praise him.

How can you not blame him 100% for Mcleish being shit? Plenty of fans made their opinions clear so no excuse for not knowing the fans would turn. He'd also relegated blues twice in 3 years so again no excuse to not know how poor we would be under him.

It hasn't been an unlucky managerial appointment, it was ridiculous at the time and it's all down to Lerner.

And like I said because of lerner we can't afford to sack him and because of Lerner there aren't many decent replacements thanks to our piss poor ambitions now.

I'll give him credit for some of the good things under MoN but ultimately the poor way he ran the club resulted in MoN leaving and 2 whole seasons of absolute shit so it's hard to really praise him.

How can you not blame him 100% for Mcleish being shit? Plenty of fans made their opinions clear so no excuse for not knowing the fans would turn. He'd also relegated blues twice in 3 years so again no excuse to not know how poor we would be under him.

It hasn't been an unlucky managerial appointment, it was ridiculous at the time and it's all down to Lerner.

And like I said because of lerner we can't afford to sack him and because of Lerner there aren't many decent replacements thanks to our piss poor ambitions now.

he did do some good things under MON. But I suppose he was lucky Doug had appointed a decent manager

AM's footballing nous and new added Bosmans/cheapo's! Anyone for a season ticket 2012/13?

If McLeish is still manager at the start of next season they will have to give away season tickets in packets of cornflakes!

I blame Lerner 100% for appointed McLeish (although perhaps Faulkner should get some of the blame). McLeish obviously didn't appoint himself. However, McLeish has done an exceedingly poor job and that is very much down to the man himself. It's not like he can't think for himself. Randy doesn't order McLeish to set us up negatively and put Heskey on the wing, that's McLeish's own doing.

Blah.... blah... excuses... blah...

"Losing Darren, Keane and Richard Dunne is just something you can't legislate for. That's a huge blow to any team, losing three players of that experience, but I believe we've got the players who can see us okay for this season and we've got to build next season.

Blah..

Actually, Alex, losing Keane is something that you very much could legislate for. As he was on a short term loan it must have hardly come as a surprise when that loan finished.

And if you had tried to set the team up to win a few more games whilst you had the experience of Dunne and Bent available then maybe when any teams inevitable injuries hit you wouldn't have to sit there making weak and pathetic excuses.

However, McLeish has done an exceedingly poor job and that is very much down to the man himself. It's not like he can't think for himself. Randy doesn't order McLeish to set us up negatively and put Heskey on the wing, that's McLeish's own doing.

I think you're far too generous to Lerner.

If mcleish kept on picking heskey and he failed to score, you'd blame mcleish for picking a striker with a poor goal scoring record.

In the same way, when the manager is negative and results are poor then you have to blame the owner for hiring a negative manager who got relegated twice in the last 3 seasons.

Your defence of lerner and houllier whilst bashing mcleish is incredibly strange.

However, McLeish has done an exceedingly poor job and that is very much down to the man himself. It's not like he can't think for himself. Randy doesn't order McLeish to set us up negatively and put Heskey on the wing, that's McLeish's own doing.

I think you're far too generous to Lerner.

If mcleish kept on picking heskey and he failed to score, you'd blame mcleish for picking a striker with a poor goal scoring record.

In the same way, when the manager is negative and results are poor then you have to blame the owner for hiring a negative manager who got relegated twice in the last 3 seasons.

Your defence of lerner and houllier whilst bashing mcleish is incredibly strange.

McLeish is doing exactly that and I'm blaming him for it!

I also accepted that Randy is to blame for hiring McLeish in the first place.

Houllier? Where does he come into this? We're talking about McLeish and Randy here.

Your selective reading is incredibly strange. Are you not reading my posts? According to you criticising Randy for appointing McLeish counts as defending him... :|

In the end Mcleish took the job thinking he was the right man for it and he could handle the pressure. So far he has nothing to prove he was the right man and deserves all the shit he gets. He was never gonna be good enough for the villa job, with his so called experience he should have known this himself. He has the players but continues to play them either out of position or not play them at all. Its proof the team can play I.e Chelsea, so now to start blaming the players and fans is beyond delusional.

Good on ya, Eck. Come out fighting. I fully agree that not many managers could have done a better job with Villa this season.

Looking forward to seeing how the squad rebuild goes in the summer. It will have to be a bit frugal, but there should be room for some decent young exciting players.

Good on ya, Eck. Come out fighting. I fully agree that not many managers could have done a better job with Villa this season.

Looking forward to seeing how the squad rebuild goes in the summer. It will have to be a bit frugal, but there should be room for some decent young exciting players.

Can I have some of whatever you have been drinking?

:)

vd0ffk.jpg

No team with Given, Dunne, Petrov, Ireland, N'Zogbia, Agbonlahor and Bent should be anywhere near 15th.

?????????????

Of course we could'nt have scored anymore goals or attacked with any efficiency with the likes of gabby, bent, nzog and ireland up front. Are you for real. Who wants this Manger here next season.

In the end Mcleish took the job thinking he was the right man for it and he could handle the pressure. So far he has nothing to prove he was the right man and deserves all the shit he gets. He was never gonna be good enough for the villa job, with his so called experience he should have known this himself. He has the players but continues to play them either out of position or not play them at all. Its proof the team can play I.e Chelsea, so now to start blaming the players and fans is beyond delusional.

AM is hoping that he can bring in the type of players that he's comfortable with this summer. Maybe freebies and cheapo's will make him feel more at home. Possibly being around too many promising little footballers is a bit confusing for him and PG.

Â